What's your fondest smartphone memory? (smartphone wins)

• Replies:7
Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jun 23, 2014, 6:14:30 PM via Website

I asked what the negative side of smartphones was recently and what things had went wrong, but now I want to know about when your smartphone has most impressed you!

I remember the first time I used swype and I thought that was pretty awesome. And the first time I took a photo while I was walking ha these were big moments! The first time I installed Google Reader and started reading all these news stories every morning was pretty exciting, and the first time I installed Dropbox and discovered how easy it was to take all my stuff everywhere was pretty sweet too!

We all complain about phone issues from time to time, but sometimes they are just awesome! What's your favorite smartphone memory?

— modified on Jun 24, 2014, 5:53:36 PM by moderator

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Jun 24, 2014, 5:58:15 PM via Website

My fondest memory is when I got my Galaxy S3, my very first Android smartphone. It was a moment of love at first sight and I daintely opened the box and pulled out, and turned it on it super excited to have my very own Android smartphone!

Later, I was super excited to discover swype, which is a gift from above, camera features, the many amazing apps in the Play Store and all the ways that it helps me stay organized!

Then, my Galaxy S3 was stolen after going to see Wolf on Wallstreet (worst...moment....ever) and I was sooo sad. But then I won a Nexus 5 after a company treasure hunt, which was amazing! Sadly I dropped it and broke the display, but thankfully it is still working. With the Nexus 5, I really got into Google Now and using Speech-to-text for writing out all of my messages and emails when at home, absolutely amazing. Plus asking Google to set a timer for me, find me routes, look up people....though Google is as creepy as hell sometimes, I love it.

Scott Adam Gordon

Jun 24, 2014, 6:02:12 PM via Website

Loie Favre

My fondest memory is when I got my Galaxy S3, my very first Android smartphone. It was a moment of love at first sight and I daintely opened the box and pulled out, and turned it on it super excited to have my very own Android smartphone!

Later, I was super excited to discover swype, which is a gift from above, camera features, the many amazing apps in the Play Store and all the ways that it helps me stay organized!

Then, my Galaxy S3 was stolen after going to see Wolf on Wallstreet (worst...moment....ever) and I was sooo sad. But then I won a Nexus 5 after a company treasure hunt, which was amazing! Sadly I dropped it and broke the display, but thankfully it is still working. With the Nexus 5, I really got into Google Now and using Speech-to-text for writing out all of my messages and emails when at home, absolutely amazing. Plus asking Google to set a timer for me, find me routes, look up people....though Google is as creepy as hell sometimes, I love it.

Your last two phones, stolen and smashed - you can't be that fond of them!! :P

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jun 25, 2014, 2:20:56 PM via Website

My fondest memory is playing a three-month game of Tetris on the London tube on my way to and from work every day (with lots of pausing).

It was a daily ritual I went through that kept me sharp because the game started insanely fast every time, so there was no room for error. It's the single longest game I've ever played on a phone and probably still my favorite.

I eventually decided it would never end and ended it. Still wonder if I could still be playing that game today...

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Scott Adam Gordon

Jun 25, 2014, 2:50:20 PM via Website

Did you really decide you would end it... or did Tetris end it for you? :P

Cool story all the same

herry prothyer
  • Forum posts: 88

Aug 23, 2014, 9:02:07 AM via Website

My fondest smartphone memory when i got my first android device is Samsung galaxy y, i bought this device two and half years ago, i didn't have any knowledge about android and smartphones but after purchasing the galaxy y, i really gonna like it and now i love android. :)