How to perform a hard reset for the Sony Xperia Z1

• Replies:1
  • Stickied
Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jun 18, 2014, 11:41:12 AM via Website

Here is a guide for performing a hard reset on the fantastic Sony Xperia Z1.

A hard reset is a good way to fix some software related problems. This should however be one of your last resorts, there are often less intense methods to fix many of your Android problems. Try turning your phone off for a while and then restart it, or take the battery out. Sometimes the easiest solutions are the best.

Before attempting a hard reset, ensure that you have backed up all of your data beforehand. There are a number of good apps that can do this, such as Titanium Backup, Carbon Backup and Helium.

Alternatively you can use the back up and restore app ready installed on your handset, like this:

1. From your Home screen, tap the apps icon.
  2. Find and tap Back up & restore.
  3. Tap Back up.
  4. Tap the bar under Where to store data.
  5. Select the destination to which you want to back up your content.

Repeat steps 1 to 3
6. Select the data types that you want to back up.

Repeat steps 1 to 3
7. Tap Back up now.
8. Enter a password for the backup, then tap OK.

To hard reset your Sony Xperia Z1

Simply press the red RESET BUTTON, which can be found under the flap cover of the MicroSD card slot, with a pen or something pointy.

This will perform a hard reset.

Or

Go to settings.
Tap the “backup and restore” option.
Choose “factory data reset”.
Up next press on “erase phone” and tap on “erase everything” in order to confirm.

Or

Turn off your Xperia Z1.
Press and hold the power button; when the LED notification light turns Pink (or any other color in that matter) press volume up or volume down button several times.
The recovery mode will be entered. From there select “wipe data factory reset”.
Choose “wipe cache partition”.
Then select “reboot system now”.

Easy :)

— modified on Jun 23, 2014, 4:35:18 PM

Muntasir Mohamed
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 24, 2015, 5:29:45 PM via Website

I tried that but my LED notification light doesn't light up during the booting process. Please help I need to hard reboot my phone.