Huawei Ascend P6 — Android 4.4 KitKat arrives for Ascend P6 - at long last!

• Replies:16
Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jun 13, 2014, 5:58:00 PM via Website

Remember when Huawei promised KitKat would arrive for the Ascend P6 in January? Yeah, us too. Never mind, the Android 4.4 KitKat rollout has now begun, with European owners getting the update first - a jump from Android 4.2 straight to Android 4.4. The over the air update will be making its way to your Ascend P6 soon! You'll also get the jump to Emotion UI v2.3 Let us know when you get it.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Евгени Дрянков
  • Forum posts: 5

Jun 18, 2014, 1:11:11 PM via Website

Hi Kris.
I've just registered to this great shrine of knowledge and i have a question for you :)
A week ago i've updated my ascend p6 to the looong awaited KitKat 4.4.2. The phone works just fine. It's all good, beautiful and shiny, but a couple of apps went bigger and their font looks grainy. It is very annoying :( Changing the font size didn't make any difference. I love my Facebook app and i hate to see it that way. So what should i do? I don't want t use Chrome to check my Facebook account...
Thanks in advance and have a nice day ;)

Kris Carlon

Jun 18, 2014, 1:15:27 PM via Website

What do you mean by ''apps went bigger''? exactly? Can you post a screenshot? (don't forget to blur out your friends' details first!)

As for blurry fonts that's a weird one. The only thing I can think of is an incompatibility between the version of the app you have installed and the new API of Android 4.4.2 (because the Ascend P6 made a pretty big jump in terms of Android versions). You could try to delete the app and reinstall it from the Play Store. This means you get the latest version and hopefully the blurry issue will disappear.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Евгени Дрянков

Jun 18, 2014, 1:48:08 PM via Website

The font is not blurry, it is grainy as the letters deos not have smooth edges(strangely they have on the screeshot bellow). I tried to uninstal and then to install the Facebook app again from the Play store, but still the same.
About the "bigger apps issue" here are some screenshots comparing Facebook look with the App and with Google Chrome browser.

Евгени Дрянков

Jun 26, 2014, 3:49:10 PM via Website

I guess i am not getting an answer...

Kris Carlon

Jun 29, 2014, 3:43:34 PM via Website

Hey, sorry. I looked into it a bit and couldn't find anyone else with the same issue. It definitely seems to be a resizing issue, but I can't find a fix for it. The only other suggestion I would have is to go to your app manager and clear the cache. That may have stored old data from the previous app that is messing around with the new version.

Евгени Дрянков

Jul 3, 2014, 2:23:47 PM via Website

No problem. I got it. A couple if days ago i found out about the hidden "Developer options" menu (which you can activate ba tapping seven times on the "Build number" button in "About phone" section on the Settings menu). In there i click(mark) the "Disable HW overlays" and the problem is solved ;)
I hope this will be of help to anyone having the same problem. (lightbulb)

Евгени Дрянков

Jul 4, 2014, 3:38:34 PM via Website

Unfortunately you have to do this(check the "Disable HW overlays) every time after restartor dead battery , but still it is better then having the problem with no solution :P

Brian
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 31, 2014, 10:10:41 PM via Website

I'm in the UK and seem to be stuck on b116 build I like the phone but so want the upgrade it never appears to be available on system update my question is I take it I can't download a different build without screwing something up? Will the UK ever get upgrade I'm losing the will to keep the phone if there's no build updates

Bensheer

Sep 8, 2014, 7:34:21 AM via Website

hi kris....
i got a p6 two days before from qatar.... now i m in india... Unfortunatly its not wrkng properly issues like frequent shutting down while calling or keypad locking etc.... what to do ?????

Mix020
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 8, 2014, 6:18:35 PM via App

Hi im European and my p6 can't find any update what can i do? And can someone help me with snapchat when i reccord a video it captures just the left angle.. What can i do about it?

Majid Saeed

Sep 26, 2014, 1:45:51 PM via Website

I have this strange problem with facebook app ever since I updated to B125 (now running b512). The video I play on fb app plays in small screen and also displays in a strange L shape whatever is beneath the video.
.image

I don't know if I was able to explain myself clearly but if any of you guys understand the problem and solve it, I'd really appreciate it.
Also ever since I updated to b512 it seems that my phone has become sluggish, even the keyboard responses take atleast 2 seconds to register.

HELP! HELP! HELP!

Majid Saeed

Sep 28, 2014, 12:02:39 AM via Website

Mix020

Hi im European and my p6 can't find any update what can i do? And can someone help me with snapchat when i reccord a video it captures just the left angle.. What can i do about it?

Try this website huaweinews.com they have all the official updates but you will have to update your phone manually.
I would suggest you stay away from the kitkat update as it has made my phone very sluggish but the choice is yours. Ciao.

JAT

Oct 3, 2014, 2:06:57 PM via Website

Hi Kris

I am in The Netherlands and my P6 has not been pushed the KitKat update yet...do you know whats going on?

JAT

Oct 3, 2014, 2:23:43 PM via Website

these are not official updates released by Huawei..they are developer updates....?!

Sanjiv kumar

May 6, 2015, 5:02:11 AM via Website

Kris Carlon

Remember when [Huawei][1] promised [KitKat would arrive for the Ascend P6 in January][2]? Yeah, us too. Never mind, the Android 4.4 KitKat rollout has now begun, with European owners getting the update first - a jump from Android 4.2 straight to Android 4.4. The over the air update will be making its way to your [Ascend P6][3] soon! You'll also get the jump to Emotion UI v2.3 Let us know when you get it.

![image][4]

[1]: https://www.nextpit.com/topic/huawei
[2]: https://www.nextpit.com/kitkat-update-for-ascend-p6
[3]: https://www.nextpit.com/device/huawei-ascend-p6
[4]: https://fscl01.fonpit.de/userfiles/4774964/image/HuaweiAscendP6KitKatUpdate.jpg

When this new version will be available in India as I am not able to use all connect like app to run my wifi Bose speakers