HTML5 Vs Native apps?

• Replies:7
Selena Mitchell
  • Forum posts: 3

May 29, 2014, 12:06:01 PM via Website

Hello,

I'd like to have the experts take on this piece "Stuck between HTML5 and Native App? Let the Experts Decide!"
Is it true that we can't select the development scope of our project and should trust the experts or the app makers in this regard?

Detailed reply on the basis of that article will be very appreciated.

Admin edit: links not allowed

Thanks

— modified on May 31, 2014, 7:36:45 PM by moderator

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

May 29, 2014, 12:35:31 PM via Website

Well, @selena let me help you with the Native and HTML5 apps. I know I don't have that developer knowledge but I can help you out in understanding the HTML5 and Native App !

Native app: They are the applications that lives inside your device means there is no need of active data connection, for their functioning !! But the major problem with these application is they are bigger in size means they takes up more of your space. It is mostly used in gaming application development.

HTML5 app: These applications are usually smaller in size because they live over the web, and running such application requires active data connection all the time means if you are in a place where data connection isn't available means you can't use the application.

and the third type is HYBRID app, this type of application posses the quantities of Native as well as HTML5 based application but not the cons of it. the major problem with this type of Application development is they are much more costly.

Selena Mitchell

May 29, 2014, 12:39:11 PM via Website

Thanks John for your useful comment. I completely got your point but that post says, Native apps works really well when you want to create sophistcaed apps like GPS, Sensors and other latest functionalities whereas HTML5 apps lacks these features. is it true?

Lalit
  • Admin

May 29, 2014, 12:51:32 PM via Website

Well, yes Native apps works well while creating sophisticated apps like GPS, sensor or other...... because as I have previously said that Native apps doesn't require an active data connection for their working rather than the HTML5 app.

Selena Mitchell

May 29, 2014, 1:32:20 PM via Website

I got your point.. Thanks John for your support. It means, that article was written well.

Thanks once again for clearing my doubts. :)

Lalit
  • Admin

May 29, 2014, 1:58:46 PM via Website

Well, @selena mitchell let me tell you one more thing any promotional links like you have used over your first post is dealt very much seriously here it means the the URL you have put i.e. either in the form of any like the shorter URL bit. ** Let me give you a suggestion it would be better if you remove that !! because once the moderators find out you will get yourself.... I am sure you must be having the signature panel you can use it for..............!!! :) Rest I'll leave it up to you, have a nice day.

Danish Qureshi
  • Forum posts: 42

Jan 29, 2018, 11:46:38 AM via Website

Confused which platform to choose for your mobile app, native or hybrid? Know in details

— modified on Mar 14, 2018, 12:49:54 PM

Danish Qureshi
  • Forum posts: 42

Mar 12, 2018, 2:21:01 PM via Website

Check out pros and cons of native and hybrid platform for your mobile app. HAVE A LOOK

— modified on Mar 14, 2018, 12:50:22 PM