Samsung Galaxy S2 — Galaxy S2 wallpaper crop issue

• Replies:5
Adam Cameron
  • Forum posts: 1

May 22, 2014, 12:28:45 AM via Website

Hey guys!

I know this seems kinda silly, but I have a problem with my Galaxy S2 wallpaper.

Ever since the 4.1.2 Jellybean update, my home screen wallpaper hasn't worked the same.

When trying to set a picture as my wallpaper, the crop box cannot be extended. It will only cut a small rectangle out of the image trying to be assigned (like placing a rectangular shaped Christmas cookie cutter onto a section of your sprawling Christmas cookie dough).

I cannot select the entire image! What is up with THAT?

Also the home screen wallpaper used to scroll as I swiped along the home screens. The background image would streeeeeetchhh across them all. Now, it's a single, static, image. Unmoving. Unwanted. Dead.

Can somebody help me fix this issue?

I look forward to your replies - and the day when I can once again make the journey across my home screen wallpaper.

Thanks.

Adam.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

May 22, 2014, 9:21:06 AM via Website

Well, I am afraid but same is the problem with my device too,:O while I select the picture to be set to wallpaper, I can either crop the image to fix vertically or horizontally, I can crop the image for both of them. Normally the device works fine but the problem arises when i turn the auto screen rotation on, if i crop the image to fix in vertical direction then while i change the direction of device to horizontal half of the image cuts of and half of the image appears. I am so frustrated of this :'( !! I hate, this half, half picture if there's a solution even I would also like to know !! :angel:

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

May 22, 2014, 11:03:33 AM via Website

It's not an issue as such, but it was disabled by Samsung on 4.0+ (HTC did the same, I think it was a copyright issue) so any wallpaper you apply would be a single frame. You can use a 3rd party launcher like apex or nova plus some live wallpapers imitate the panning effect.

Sinkster

Volodymyr Machekhin
  • Forum posts: 11

Dec 1, 2015, 1:11:35 PM via Website

Hey!

I think this app Wallpapergram will help you in your case

Please type it in Google Play and you will see HD Wallpapers app, I can't post any links yet.

You can set a wallpaper and use three different modes of crop: standard scrollable, fixed and entire scrollable.

Your wallpapers are unmoving, unwanted and dead because loads of Samsung (and not only, HTC etc) devices don't allow wallpaper scrolling.

This app solved that problem, you can set a static wallpaper, scrollable wallpaper, you can put an entire image, a part of the image, as you wish!

Try it

bensn

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Dec 1, 2015, 4:01:40 PM via Website

Try Wallpapergram, it would be helpful for you and it will resolve your issue.

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

johug
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 7, 2016, 11:41:08 PM via Website

you can also find some fancy wallpapers here - tomswallpapers. com/105-grey-light-patterns-black%20and%20white-balls-surface.html