Phone restart automatically when it connects to network

• Replies:3
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 39

Apr 7, 2014, 11:44:27 AM via Website

Hi guys ,
One day , I received an SMS from my GF. When I opened it , my Nokia phone hanged. After that whenever I tried to open inbox , it used to say "Loading."
and nothing happened. I though I received virus so I changed handset to other Nokia device. It worked for few days and started same problem.
Now my this phone shows me no network coverage even though I am in. I used to restart phone to get coverage and that too last for 10 minutes.
Then I reverted back to my HTC phone. Now phone restarts automatically.

1. I deleted all SMS in SIM card and still having the problem.
2. I scanned phone with Dr.Web and it shows me no virus.

So if you could answer my problem , I will be grateful to you.

Do I need to change SIM card ?
Can SIM card also get infected with virus ? Have anybody faced similar kinda problem ?

Deactivated Account

Apr 7, 2014, 11:51:03 AM via Website

Note : After restart my HTC Device says : report HTC - System recovered from abnormal crash..
When checked log , it says kernel crash.
I never had this problem before with same SIM card. All of my settings are good. Nothing wrong that I can doubt on. No new app installed , nothing.
Please help.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Apr 7, 2014, 3:37:45 PM via Website

A couple of things we'd need to know; what model and android version, stock or modded in any way. Plus have you tried a different sim?

Sinkster

Deactivated Account

Apr 8, 2014, 7:02:43 AM via Website

First : Nokia (don't know model but its very old phone)
Second : Nokia (old phone)
third : HTC Desire C.
Not modded. android 4.0.1 ICS.
Yeah , I tried with different SIM and I didn't have the problem. Even when I do Airplane mode ON with the same SIM , I don't have any problem.

I am going to change the SIM but I have unanswered questions , How do SIM gets infected with virus and that too from SMS ?
How shall I scan SIM for viruses. There is no way , is there ?