Samsung Galaxy Note 2 — Samsung Galaxy note 2 hangs and nothing works when a message comes as "notification: toggle is active"

• Replies:5
CRCM
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 24, 2014, 3:26:37 AM via Website

My Samsung Galaxy note 2 was working all fine without a single issue till date from the date of purchase (14 months from the date of purchase) but today it hang all of a sudden. I have not installed any new apps today or yesterday as such, also i didn't do any thing unusual with the phone. When the phone hang, i removed the battery and restart the device. It restarts, works for hardly one minute before a message comes as "notification: toggle is active" and then phone is hung. Please let me know what should be done to make toggle inactive.

Thank you,

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Mar 24, 2014, 12:16:49 PM via Website

Hi CRCM,

Perhaps you could try to do a maste reset and clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the phone storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.

To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:
  • Turn off the device.
  • Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time: Volume Up key, Home key and Power key
  • When 'GALAXY Note II' appears on the screen, let go of the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
  • When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
  • Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
  • Press the Power key to select and wipe the cache.
  • With 'reboot system now' highlighted, press the Power key to restart the device.

Let me know if this works!

CRCM
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 24, 2014, 12:35:10 PM via Website

Thank you Admin for the reply. I have removed "clean master" app and now note 2 is working same like before. Also i will carry out the master reset as suggested by you. Thank you once again for the support.

Džonis
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 29, 2014, 12:23:37 PM via Website

Hey, I have the same problem with my Galaxy S3,and it didnt worked what you suggested.

Linda

Apr 4, 2014, 12:52:05 AM via Website

I have same problem, I tried suggestions and it didn't work. I am trying to uninstall clean master but as soon as I get to where I need to be to do so, the notification toggle comes up and the phone freezes. Any ideas before I flush this phone:mad:

Chris Ramsey

Apr 13, 2014, 9:24:00 PM via Website

Hello Fayre

Great many thanks for the assistance with clearing cache and the reset.

Screen started freezing when I purchased and installed a program for Fifa14. Once a notification comes up ("notification: toggle is active"), the screen freezes. After following your advice, I managed to uninstall master cleaner. So all is good. Master cleaner was responsible for the 'notification' pop up. So removing it solved the problem. I was unable to remove it without 'wipe cache partition' as suggested.

Kind regards, lol

— modified on Apr 13, 2014, 9:25:40 PM