Huawei Ascend P6 — huawei ascend p6 whatsapp issue

• Replies:7
Gerben van Melle
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 17, 2014, 2:14:51 PM via Website

Hey guys, i've got a problem with my new huawei ascend p6. i wanted to transfer my whatsapp conversations from my old phone, a samsung, to my huawei, and on rhe internet it says that you'll be automatically asked if you want the backup from your sd card to be imported to whatsapp.this did not happen! can you please help me out and explain it as easily as pissible, as im really new to this? Thanks in advance!

Aikin Joseph
  • Forum posts: 11

Apr 21, 2014, 6:44:23 PM via Website

Would you just export whatsApp messages, then import it to your new phone?

Sorin

Patrick
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 25, 2014, 4:26:35 PM via Website

Hello John,

If life were that simple it would be fun ;-)

On the Huawei you have two SD cards, one is the Internal Storage (SD0), the other is the external SD card (SD1). When you run Whatsapp for the first time it only seems to check the first SD card (SD0), if it sees a Whatsapp folder then you get the question if you want to restore the data.
In the Huawei case it doesn't see a Whatsapp folder on SD0 so it assumes you are a new user. It now creates the Whatsapp folder and starts Whatsapp.

So the question should be "what can you do to let Whatsapp check other SD cards for existing backups?".

Regards,

Patrick.

Sorin

John
  • Forum posts: 14

Jul 26, 2014, 12:00:13 PM via Website

Hello john f.

I am a new user over here, I have seen you are active on most of the threads but like @patrick said life isn't that much easy, i am having problem with my device can you help me out ? My device accidentaly got wet and now it doesn't work, a Android logo keep staying over my device screen and when i pulg it to charge the Android robot disappears. One of my friend suggest me to put it inside a bag of rice but i think he was making fun of me. Please help me out, do i need to purchase a new device or is there any chances it could fix.

— modified on Jul 26, 2014, 12:01:11 PM

Sorin

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 28, 2014, 3:55:25 PM via Website

The bag of rice thing works for getting rid of moisture from the device, so when it first got wet it would have been a good idea to do that. :)

SorinLalit

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jul 28, 2014, 5:13:32 PM via Website

Hey John,

Firstly pardon me for leaving your query unansweredd for a long time actually i was sick and couldn't get that much time to ! And i can see @scott is there to help you out. Anyway John, your friends might have suggest you the correct thing i.e. put your device nside the bag of rice, or you can also get silica gel sacket from electronic shop and put the device inside and the silica gel sacket inside the air tight box. I am sure that is going to help you way more faster than soaking it insde the bag of rice. :) Hope i am not that much late in answering your query. And one more thing john next time please create your own thread instead of hijacking someone esle as it will make your query visible in front of other members way more faster.;)

Sorin

John
  • Forum posts: 14

Aug 10, 2014, 5:29:53 PM via Website

Thanks for response, I have purchased a new phone happy with my samsung s5.

Sorin