Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

• Replies:7
Joel W.
  • Forum posts: 164

Mar 16, 2014, 10:25:41 PM via Website

Hello all,

Has anyone else here tried the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 yet? I have one and love it ... well, scratch that, I would love it except that for some reason the screen is waaaaay too sensitive. It picks up three touches for every one time I touch it, and no reflashing or rooting has helped that. I've heard similar reports over on XDA.

On the bright side, it's the perfect size and has a really great, high-res screen with decent battery life. I'd recommend it to anyone, assuming they don't run into the same hardware issues I've got.

As for me, I'm probably returning it to get a Note 10.1 (2014 edition). I really like that S-pen for its precision.

--J

--I do a good impression of myself--

Marym Mahmoud

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Mar 21, 2014, 8:51:47 AM via Website

Well @Joel yes, you are correct Galaxy Tab Pro is one of the best tablet I ever have although I love its screen side and its one of the perfect device to watch HD movies, Games but the downside is it's way to big to carry. :D You can't carry it round the way other than you can use it on home and strictly on home :D I was amazed by its performance but regular use I'll give it a "-ve" but still I love it ! :#

Marym Mahmoud

Joel W.

Mar 22, 2014, 3:53:50 AM via Website

The 8.4 actually fits in one hand, for me. But I have big hands. It's not as small as a 7" tablet, granted, but I do think it's easier to carry around than your average 10.1 tablet. For regular use it's terrific, and I never saw it slow down at all. Just wish the screen hadn't bugged out on mine :(

plck74
  • Forum posts: 50

Mar 23, 2014, 2:01:25 AM via App

any galaxy tab pro 7.0? i hope sammy doing it..

Marym Mahmoud
  • Forum posts: 105

Mar 24, 2014, 1:46:17 AM via Website

it only has wifi connection and no 3G right ?!

Android Geek Blogger Best Android Launcher

Joel W.

Mar 25, 2014, 4:00:55 AM via Website

I believe that it's wifi only for now, but wait a few months and see. Samsung et al. sometimes release 3G and LTE models later on, after they see how the wifi models take off. They did it for every (or almost every) Tab model so far.

Ben Roveno
  • Forum posts: 22

Mar 29, 2014, 12:18:14 PM via Website

You're really lucky there dude. Galaxy Tab 8.4 Pro is one hot tablet out there on the market right now, even more than iPad mini 2. The best thing about this tablet is its insanely sharp display (still imagining 2560x1500 pixels crammed on 8.4-inch screen. it'd be mind blowing!). However, i think i can't afford it so i personally prefer HP Slate 7 Extreme because i love Tegra 4 and its stylus. :D

Dvoraak
  • Forum posts: 86

Apr 1, 2014, 4:07:18 AM via Website

I had the Pro 8.4 for a couple of days but the resolution seemed counter productive on a smallish screen. Even with the font set to "Huge" there were many times fonts (within apps) were still too small to read comfortably. High resolution on a small workspace equals small objects. I exchanged it for the Tab Pro 10 inch and I'm much happier now. Probably the best tablet I've had. The 2014 Notes are nice as well but I really never use the S-Pen software so I'm happy with a generic stylus when the need hits.