MY WHATSAPP GROUP HAS PROBLEMS (PARTICIPANTS)

• Replies:2
Jiayi
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 20, 2014, 2:22:03 PM via Website

Ok so what happened was my phone just auto-powered off itself. Then when I opened WhatsApp, i checked my groups and I saw that in every group, i was the ONLY participant. (1 out of 50) I still receive msgs from the group members, but it is just really weird. I can only see my own profile when I tap for group info. I can't see anyone else. Only the newest group i was added into. All my old groups, I could not see anyone else. PLEASE HELP ASAP thankues.

Mary Mod
  • Forum posts: 432

Feb 20, 2014, 5:56:34 PM via Website

Hi Jiayi,

Here are some tips on how to use group chat on WhatsApp:

• You may add up to 50 participants to any group you create.
  • You may create a maximum of 50 groups.
  • Only the group administrator can add people to the group chat. When you create a group, you are automatically added as the admin.
  • If you are the group admin and you leave the group, WhatsApp will randomly assign admin status to a remaining group participant. Only that person can add you back to the group.
  • You can always control your own participation in a group chat, by staying in or leaving the group when you wish. Remember that the group admin is the only participant with the ability to add people, so if you have any questions about being added to a group, or prefer not to be added, please speak to the group admin.

Are you in a group chat above 50? Perhaps thats what is causing the issue? There is also the unusual issue of disappearing of profile pictures of my contacts in whatsapp application which may be the issue.

Pradeep Rajwani
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 26, 2014, 10:30:36 PM via Website

Hi did you find a solution for this.
please share i also have a same problem now.