Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus — Samsung Galaxy Core - I8262B

• Replies:11
Hector Acosta
  • Forum posts: 6

Feb 15, 2014, 3:58:22 PM via Website

Hello Everybody:

I recently bought a new Samsung Galaxy Core - I8262B phone and it's a fantastic mid-range phone. I installed the Monster$ ROM and it looks great. The problem is that every time I try to update some of the Google Play Services, Gmail, Google Maps and all the apps and services related to Google Play Services, it keeps sending me two error messages, one is "Package file was not signed correctly. Uninstall the previous copy of the app and try again." As you know, I've uninstall the apps (some can't be uninstalled though) cleared the cache, force-stopped the app and many things that I've been advised to do but to no avail.

I even tried logging off my Google account and set it up again in my phone but to no avail either. I've been searching in so many web pages but no one seems to be able to give me a viable solution to the problem. If someone knows what to do, please let me know. Thank you for your time

Hector Acosta
San Pedro Sula, Honduras

Shoppingbag.pk

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Feb 15, 2014, 9:23:05 PM via App

Did you wipe the cache through fastboot and the dalvik too?

Sinkster

Hector Acosta

Feb 16, 2014, 8:12:00 AM via Website

Yes, All of the above you just mentioned. Practically everything...before and after the set up...but to no avail!

sinkster

Feb 16, 2014, 8:28:38 AM via App

The error is caused when the gapps package was not signed with the same key as the rom. Does the rom contain gapps or do you need to flash them separately?

— modified on Feb 16, 2014, 8:28:56 AM

Sinkster

Hector Acosta

Feb 16, 2014, 12:05:58 PM via Website

Unfortunately, I am not sure how to do this. I've found the rom in the xda development web site, I downloaded it and installed it. Other than that, I don't know that part of the info. Could you help me with that? What should I do? I appreciate your help too! Thanks in advance!

sinkster

Feb 16, 2014, 1:09:07 PM via Website

I checked the rom thread, and it seems to be a bug in the rom. The dev seems to be working on it, but for the moment there's no real fix. You could try searching for and downloading an app called lucky patcher which will disable the signature check and let google play update, but it poses security problems (not the app itself, but the way other apps can use it) plus it still won't guarantee compatibility with all google apps. Or try another rom for now.

Sinkster

Hector Acosta

Feb 16, 2014, 9:32:36 PM via Website

I think I'll have to wait until another rom or a proper patch appears. I wouldn't like my phone to be disabled now...and I am not experienced enough with Android (although I love the system). I want to thank you for your great help. I'll look for another rom (the only problem is that Samsung Galaxy Core I8226B is relatively new and I am not sure as to where to look for more working and nice roms. Thank you so much for your help. If you come to know about a good and functioning rom, I'll appreciate your advising me about it. Thank you so much again!

Regards
Hector Acosta
San Pedro Sula, Honduras

Hector Acosta

Feb 16, 2014, 9:41:19 PM via Website

I've installed Lucky Patcher....let's see how it works! I'll let you know!

sinkster

Feb 16, 2014, 11:41:06 PM via App

OK, read the help menu with lucky patcher. It's a very powerful app: it can really mess up your phone if you use it incorrectly. Good luck anyway.

Sinkster

Hector Acosta

Feb 17, 2014, 1:12:41 AM via Website

Thanks SInkster....I noticed some of those features...but knowing how to use it...could be a great tool.

Shoppingbag.pk

Shoppingbag.pk
  • Forum posts: 4

Nov 17, 2015, 7:21:43 AM via Website

i want buy Samsung Mobile phone plz help me

Shoppingbag.pk
  • Forum posts: 4

Nov 17, 2015, 7:24:46 AM via Website

Thanks ! Hector Acosta