- Forum posts: 877
Feb 12, 2014, 11:25:03 AM via Website
Feb 12, 2014 11:25:03 AM via Website
You can send large files, like images, video and music. The transfer starts with NFC once the two devices touch and the file is then transfered via Wi-Fi direct, with transfer speeds of 300MBps. Here's how to do it:
- Go to the settings of your S3
- More settings
- Activate S Beam
- Enable NFC
- Choose the file that you want to transfer.
- Go to the image or file in question.
- Hold the back of your phone against the back of another S-Beam capable device.
- Your phone will tell you to ''tap to beam'' which when you accept will launch the file transfer.
- When the transfer starts using Wi-Fi direct, the phones don't need to touch anymore.
S Beam is available on Samsung smartphones and tablets that run Android 4.0 and later., meaning the Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 2, Note 3, Tab 3 (all sizes) etc....
Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! Important to all community members: please read before posting