HTC Evo 4g STUCK in Boot Loop

• Replies:5
Chad_Higgins
  • Forum posts: 41

Feb 11, 2014, 8:15:18 PM via Website

HELP!
while downloading a google play store game, robot unicorn 2 from adult swim. my evo 4g got a virus
now all it does is say the logo htc evo 4g on a white screen then shuts on and off over and over.
i tried recovery, and clear storage, nothing works still stuck? is it over for my beloved evo 4g???

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Feb 12, 2014, 6:24:07 AM via Website

Get you're self into the root mode and flash ROM again, i think the virus has completely taken you down and in order to revive it back you must flash ROM, Try sneaking into this thread of XDA developers "forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/HTC_Evo/ROMs" .

Chad_Higgins

Feb 12, 2014, 7:36:24 PM via Website

how do i flash rom? i can get in the hboot screen but nothing resets the phone?

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Feb 12, 2014, 8:02:51 PM via Website

If you have a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM then wile the dalvik cache. If not, use ADB via the terminal on your PC/laptop and use
1su
2cd /data/dalvik-cache
3rm *
4exit

It sounds like a corrupt data file rather than a virus; If you're not rooted then you're pretty much virus proof.

Sinkster

Chad_Higgins

Feb 12, 2014, 8:37:33 PM via Website

ok so what do i do? speak english please i dont know how to flash rom or get the correct recovery file? i can however get the hboot screen on and then what....?????

Chad_Higgins

Jul 19, 2014, 7:51:52 PM via Website

John F.

Get you're self into the root mode and flash ROM again, i think the virus has completely taken you down and in order to revive it back you must flash ROM, Try sneaking into this thread of XDA developers "forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/HTC_Evo/ROMs" .

how do i flash ROM? where do i get it? please give me instructions?