- Forum posts: 1,110
Feb 4, 2014, 5:42:05 PM via Website
Feb 4, 2014 5:42:05 PM via Website
- Just go to your phone's Contacts or People app (or whatever your OEM calls it).
- Find the contact you want to delete the WhatsApp contact number for.
- Edit the contact or modify contact (or whatever your OEM calls it).
- Find the phone number you want removed from WhgatsApp and delete it (or delete the entire contact).
- Back in WhatsApp, the contact you deleted the number for will be be gone (unless they have other phone numbers saved that WhatsApp is using). If you have an older version of WhatsApp you can go to Settings and Refresh Contacts.
If you simply want to delete a contact or specific number from WhatsApp but still need the phone number for reference, you can simply edit the contact on your phone and move their phone number to the Notes section of your Contacts app. WhatsApp will think they have been deleted and you can still grab their number whenever you need it - you'll just have to copy and paste into the dialer if you ever need to call.
Of course, you can also block a WhatsApp contact if that's necessary too!
— modified on Feb 4, 2014, 5:45:05 PM
Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting