Stuck In Boot Loop On Note 10.1

• Replies:31
Kyle Schepis
  • Forum posts: 8

Jan 31, 2014, 11:11:36 PM via Website

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (WiFi Only). The tablet won't boot into the OS or into recovery mode. It only boots into download mode.

I have tried putting a different recovery on it, but it doesn't help.

My tablet is rooted, has TWRP, and is running CyanogenMod 10.2 nightly.

Did I brick my tablet? I did not do anything to brick it. I didn't touch it or turn it on for two days, but when I go to turn it on, it gets stuck in a boot loop. It says "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" and stays that way until it dies.

When I try booting into recovery, the TWRP title image pops up and quickly goes away and if it is plugged in to charge, the battery loading icon comes on, but it never shows the battery bars, only the loading circle.

If you could solve this problem, I will love you forever.

Thanks in advance.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Feb 1, 2014, 12:04:41 AM via Website

I'm not familiar with samsung devices, so this is just advice. There's an XDA thread here with the same problem that was resolved.

Sinkster

Marym Mahmoud

Kyle Schepis

Feb 1, 2014, 12:13:02 AM via Website

The XDA thread does describe a similar problem to my own, but it says flash the stock recovery without a link to the stock recovery file. Do you happen to know how I get this file, or direct me to another thread that has it? I can't seem to find it. Thanks

Marym Mahmoud

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Feb 1, 2014, 12:23:11 AM via Website

Should be here, good luck :D

Sinkster

Kyle Schepis

Feb 1, 2014, 5:14:13 AM via Website

I tried installing the stock recovery and odin passed, but the recovery mode on the tablet still shows the TWRP recovery screen before blanking out.

michael mcallister
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 1, 2014, 1:46:04 PM via Website

Save yourself the frustration and head to a Best Buy. The Samsung rep can reflash your Note in a jiffy. You'll have to reroot. Saved my wife's S3. And my bacon...

Kyle Schepis

Feb 1, 2014, 2:32:50 PM via Website

Will that erase all the files off of it? If so, is there a way to access the files if I put the tablet in download mode?

Kyle Schepis

Feb 2, 2014, 3:06:57 PM via Website

So, I tried flashing the stock recovery and that did not work. And then I tried flashing the stock rom (multiple times with different roms) and that did not work either. My tablet is still stuck on the screen that says "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1". Do you have any other suggestions?

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Feb 3, 2014, 1:21:21 PM via Website

Kyle Schepis
So, I tried flashing the stock recovery and that did not work. And then I tried flashing the stock rom (multiple times with different roms) and that did not work either. My tablet is still stuck on the screen that says "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1". Do you have any other suggestions?

are you sure you are performing all the steps !! because while flashing you need to wipe out your device completely before flashing any other ROM. So, i would suggest that you should first completely wipe out your device and then try flashing. You are mentioning me a problem that one of my friend was stuck on he keep on trying flashing the ROM and go not solution, but when he has wipe all the data and then flashing has solved the problem completely.B)B)

Kyle Schepis

Feb 3, 2014, 2:35:46 PM via Website

How do I wipe the device? Is it something I have to do in ODIN or something?

Lalit
  • Admin

Feb 4, 2014, 9:38:18 AM via Website

Kyle Schepis

while you press and hold the volume down + power button,When you see Factory reset / System Recovery menu on screen release the Volume Up Key.Use Volume Down key to select Wipe Data / Factory Reset option and then Use Power key to confirm the operation. You need to use the Volume Down key again to select "Yes -- delete all user data" again press the Power key to confirm. Once its done reboot the system and then move forward with the flashing procedure !! :bashful:

Kyle Schepis

Feb 4, 2014, 12:15:32 PM via Website

I have never seen that factory reset menu before. I tried it now and I still don't see it. Are you sure they have it on the N8013 model?

Claire Ray

Lalit
  • Admin

Feb 4, 2014, 12:50:13 PM via Website

Kyle Schepis
I have never seen that factory reset menu before. I tried it now and I still don't see it. Are you sure they have it on the N8013 model?

yes i am 110% sure it is available there, what i am not sure is name it would be named "factory reset" or may be "wipe data" .... it's standard and every samsung devices have that.

Claire Ray

Feb 24, 2014, 8:18:08 PM via Website

This is what has happened to my tablet. I have had two people look at it and no one can get past the splash screen.

I have been advised that this could be a hardware issue and not be rectified without opening it up.

Is this a common problem with them?

Kyle Schepis

Feb 24, 2014, 11:23:51 PM via Website

I also concluded (by process of elimination) that it was a hardware problem and gave up.

Jessica Meyer

Marym Mahmoud
  • Forum posts: 105

Mar 20, 2014, 6:46:46 AM via Website

i'm about to buy one - can you tell me about it;s performance in drawing with S-Pen ?!

Android Geek Blogger Best Android Launcher

Joel W.
  • Forum posts: 164

Mar 21, 2014, 2:20:32 AM via Website

Marym: the S-pen is a lot easier to use than a standard stylus. I consider styli to basically be a plastic version of my own finger ... it doesn't do all that much different than touching the screen. The S-pen, on the other hand, is very useful in programs like Sketchbook Pro and similar drawing programs because it's pressure-sensitive and much more precise.

--I do a good impression of myself--

ten yang

Aug 10, 2014, 12:50:20 AM via Website

I had the same problem with my gt n8000 (stuck with the samsung logo), downloading mode-odin and no options to choose but didnt connect it to my pc. Given for service. Motherboard changed, paid Rs.6700. I am not sure if they have really changed it but it's working fine now.
Please let me know if any one knows how to check if the motherboard has been changed. The reason I doubt is that they have given me a motherboard which has p7500 embossed on it. I found out after few days. Another reason is that I can't open the tablet and check if they have really fixed a new one. I'm gonna call samsung soon. Will post if possible!

Daniel Goff

Dec 26, 2014, 5:03:30 AM via Website

John F.

while you press and hold the volume down + power button,When you see Factory reset / System Recovery menu on screen release the Volume Up Key.Use Volume Down key to select Wipe Data / Factory Reset option and then Use Power key to confirm the operation. You need to use the Volume Down key again to select "Yes -- delete all user data" again press the Power key to confirm. Once its done reboot the system and then move forward with the flashing procedure !! :bashful:

Ok, im having the same or smiler problem as Kyle, When i press the volume done - i get the downloading page which is not what i want so I try the volume up + and press both power and volume up and it us suppose to go directly to recovery. However it is not. this seems to be a problem for many who know how to do this but for some strange reason the NOTE 10.1 has a factory defect that after some time to kick in and dose not perform properly Having that said I read that if you disconnect the battery for several hours then reconnect it it should work to go to recovery, but last night it did not work for the Note 10.1 that i am working on.
DID Samsung incorporate a reset button on the main board or not? that is next question? I haven't found one. so not likely.

gordon clegg

Jan 24, 2015, 3:25:42 AM via Website

my 4.4.2 kitkat android is stuck on keep moving forward loading screen. i tried to do a factory reset using this method but when it asks do you want to erase all data, it gives 3 options that are all no. so it says no no and no

Terry Beer

Dec 24, 2015, 8:41:05 PM via Website

What did they charge you for this???

sai kiran

Mar 18, 2016, 4:13:40 PM via Website

Hello ten yang, i have the same problem. my galaxy note gt n8000 went into bootloop displaying samsung logo until it dies. i've tried everything to fix it as per my knowledge. I think there's a problem in motherboard. okay where have you given your gt n8000 for service? In samsung service center or a private service mall? does it working fine now? are there any bugs or errors while using your gt n8000? please reply me. Im feeling very disappointed by seeing my tablet in such a condition. please help me. :)

Jessica Meyer

elizaB

May 6, 2016, 3:20:07 AM via Website

I was just quoted up to 330 USD. Basically if you send it to samsung they will repair it and refund your money if it's less than 330 but 330 is a new screen and new motherboard. I'm looking for other options to repair the software which is what two techs have assured me is the problem. But when you send it to samsung they charge you for the whole repair - which is basically the cost of a new tablet.

Brenda Jensen

Brenda Jensen

May 30, 2016, 4:57:22 PM via Website

Mine is having this same problem. I am hoping one of these solutions work!!

Samuel Cruz

Jun 13, 2016, 6:58:24 PM via Website

Hi everyone, so I have the same problem, being stuck in the boot loop and looking around I found a "solution". I haven't tried it because I don't have my tablet with me in the moment. But I will try as soon as I can. Its weird but, it's worth a try. It says to..
HOLD THE POWER BOTTOM FOR 5- 7 SECONDS AND AT THE SAME TIME YOU HAVE TO SWIPE YOUR FINGER ON THE SCREEN. THEN AFTER THOSE SECONDS, LET GO OF THE POWER BOTTOM BUT KEEP ON SWIPING YOUR FINGER ON THE SCREEN AND WAIT ABOUT 10 MORE SECONDS AND IT SHOULD TURN ON...
It sounds weird, but many people claim that it worked for them so if you try it, please reply what the result was...

clay dyess
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 23, 2016, 8:33:04 PM via Website

i think i may have the problem solved mine was doing the same thing turns out to be your power button on one side was getting stuck and you cant really tell by looking at it. I took a straight pen and popped the button back into place , and went right to the OS with no problems, i have had this happen 2 more times after that so i no its the problem.
well good luck
Dyessman

clay dyess
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 23, 2016, 9:14:02 PM via Website

i would like to correct myself its not the power button ,but the volume button that gets stuck so when you power it up it starts boot looping

Nelson Troccoli Jr.

Sep 7, 2016, 5:41:20 AM via Website

I have TWRP recovery with CM13 in my NOTE 10.1 and had the boot loop problem. I solved it following these steps:

1 - installed the old recovery cmw touch via PDA Odin option in the tablet´s download screen (google it);
2 - The boot loop problem has gone and installed the TWRP again via ODIN.

Everything is fine now.

Alex Ayris

Oct 26, 2016, 7:59:51 AM via Website

Hi everyone. I have the same problem, if re flashing dose not work you have a problem with the motherboard. You can fix it yourself there is a tutorial on you tube on how to open the device. Once you have it open you need to remove the motherboard place it on a heat proof matt and heat the board to about 275 degrees C then let it cool down. The problem is that solder these days isn't allowed lead in it so over time it becomes brittle especially around processors and cracks, the above process melts the solder and allows a better connection. In nearly every case of electronic items failing this will be the problem. The chips themselves vary rarely fail.

Hope this helps. I will add that once this starts happening it will happen again. It might last 6 months it might last 4 weeks you just don't know.

sue fisher

Jan 12, 2018, 3:43:13 AM via Website

My tablet will not boot. goes to start screen and hangs.
I try the power+volume buttons and get into "downloading do not turn off target".
I ran for 2 days and nothing happened
I never did get the reset menu.
I would like to reset samsung note 10.1
holding down power+volume does not work

Eternity Love

Jan 23, 2018, 5:34:56 AM via Website

i m having same problem too,could not off the power at all,can any one provide help pls ? kindness appreciated !

Jim121FC
  • Forum posts: 17

Oct 12, 2023, 1:19:27 PM via Website

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this get out of the downloading, do not turn off the target screen, you just need to press and hold down the volume down, home, and power buttons simultaneously.