What is the point of smartwatches?

• Replies:7
AJ STA ANA
  • Forum posts: 54

Dec 23, 2013, 10:24:10 AM via Website

If you already have a watch and smartphone,what is the point of smartwatches?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 16

Jun 1, 2014, 2:21:12 PM via App

It is supposed to help you do things quicker and easier like changing music without taking out your phone or checking notifications but I guess you could say they are still kind of pointless, just time saving.

I really hope in the future manufacturers will make smartwatches that are connected directly to the Internet so your phone could be anywhere in the world and you could still use you smartwatch ad long ad they are both connected to the Internet.

But for now they are mostly a geeks time saver.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jun 2, 2014, 8:06:46 AM via Website

Well, the point of having smart watches is making you feel like you have got the extra ordinary power. I am sure you have seen movies where one click a button over the watch and something magical happens. I know the smart watches can't do the "magical thing" but I am sure wearing it alone gives you attention .... and I think you can use this attention in positive ways.

Sara Mahir
  • Forum posts: 4

Jan 9, 2015, 4:49:36 PM via Website

I do have a smartphone but I have replaced my normal wrist watch with Sykla smartwatch that I purchased recently. Wearing a smartwatch serves good purpose at the place where we can't take along smartphone.

— modified on Jan 9, 2015, 5:26:52 PM

Christiana B.
  • Forum posts: 13

Mar 13, 2015, 3:40:50 PM via Website

I have taken a long time to think through why I would like a smartwatch... I use my phone for my step count, and every so often my heart rate. Now my phone is huge (Note 4) and there a some places a girl wants to go where she has both hands free! A smartwatch would so come in handy in this case. And with me its a lot of cases ;):D

That and the fact that it will look good (smug)

Christiana B.
  • Forum posts: 13

Mar 18, 2015, 2:08:04 PM via Website

I just wanted to update my post by saying my gear 2 neo arrived today and in the short time that I have been testing it I have been pleased with the results.

Just the fact that I can change watch faces at will according to what I wear and how I feel is just fantastic!

I will keep on testing and let you know.:$

ricky martin
  • Forum posts: 166

Sep 13, 2015, 6:20:06 AM via Website

For me these are some common benefits of smart watch over analog watch

Notifications are the main reason you'd buy a smartwatch
Internet of Things
Travel
Answering calls
Fitness Tracking
I am currently using Samsung Gear S and thinking about having a Modular smart watch.

TotalSystemCare - Software to Care for your PC

Jaskulski
  • Forum posts: 31

Nov 1, 2016, 1:27:40 PM via Website

The modular phone was a little bit rushed great idea. I don't like the concept behind the Modular Smart Watch. It should be one piece well-designed product.