Efficiently switch keyboard layouts on Cyanogenmod?

• Replies:1
multimolti
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 5, 2013, 11:26:32 AM via Website

Hey,

I've just replaced my stock Samsung (Galaxy S3) firmware with Cyanogenmod. So far I'm quite happy, except for the fact that switching keyboard layouts really sucks. I regularly need for different layouts: English, German, Thai, Korean.

With the Samsung OS, I had all for languages enabled and could just switch them by swiping left or right on the SPACE key.

With Cyanogenmod (and actually with normal stock Android as I have it on my Nexus tablet), there is no option for Korean. I can use German, English and Thai, that's not a problem, but I have to switch them by pressing that little globe button. For Korean, I had to install the Google Korean IME from Play Store, and switching to Korean is ONLY possible by long-pressing the globe button, then selecting Korean. Once I'm in Korean, there is no way out except long pressing the globe button, then "Choose input methods" and then the other language.

Considering that I sometimes have to switch languages multiple times within one sentence, this is unacceptable. Is there any solution to this problem, so that my final setup would be similar to the original Samsung one?

Thanks for you help!

2D Level
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 2, 2014, 2:42:20 PM via Website

Just change your keyboard... I use perfect keyboard, with pk you can easy switch languages with swipe left/right on space.