How to choose the right mobile platform for app development?

• Replies:83
Micky james
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 25, 2013, 10:18:08 AM via Website

Hi friends please help me about How to Choose the Right Mobile Platform for App Development.?

emmabaginsSorindamponting44

Ehtesham Shaikh
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 25, 2013, 11:12:32 AM via Website

There are many criteria before choosing the right mobile platform for app development. To choose the right kind of mobile platform, analysing the pluses and minuses of each one before going ahead and creating the app. Here is a the post on how to choose the right mobile platform for developing your mobile application.
- Think of the audience you intend to target.
- Decide on the technical features you want your app to include. Are you looking to create something simple for basic users? Or is it going to be a complicated app that quietly runs in the background and helps users on the move with their every little task? If it is the latter, you would be better off choosing something like the Palm OS rather than the iOS.
- The financial aspect.
- Look at the future prospects for the mobile platform.
- Target on the device where your application want to reach.

Sorindamponting44

Daniel Jones
  • Forum posts: 105

Nov 25, 2013, 11:37:26 AM via Website

What scripting language do you know..?

I am Daniel Jones, Working with Kiwitech as app developer. I enjoy exploring apps on various mobile platforms.

Sorindamponting44

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Nov 26, 2013, 10:17:26 AM via Website

well i guess you can have a look at this article for better understanding in choosing the right platform for mobile application development Admin edit: **links are forbidden**

— modified on Nov 26, 2013, 10:24:51 AM by moderator

Sorindamponting44

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Nov 27, 2013, 5:08:49 PM via Website

Totally depends on the kind of app you want to develop and what you want to get out of it (reach, money, etc). iOS of course makes lots of money but it can be harder to get apps into the Apple App Store, Android is easier to get apps on and has the reach but it brings in less money, and so on.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Sorin

Mujeeb Rahman O

Nov 30, 2013, 8:31:23 AM via App

Me an an android developer. bcz of many reasons.

-i can use my existing computer wich have low spec for app development.
if u go for iOS or W8 you need specific specs on ur machines. Like mac is a must for iOS.and Windows 7 premium version for W8.

- android is open source so u get more assistance in online than other platforms.

and many more reasons too.

i suggest android if u r beginner to mobile development

gud luck

— modified on Nov 30, 2013, 8:32:10 AM

David Richards

Jan 4, 2014, 2:05:28 PM via Website

It is depend upon the app and you also because there are equal android user and apple user in the world now so both the platform are good for made a mobile app. Also I read some article regarding app revenue and found that iphone apps are good for revenue.

Vince
  • Forum posts: 25

Jan 4, 2014, 5:09:02 PM via Website

If you don't want to invest too much choose Android if you have a PC and an Android smartphone, or choose IPhone if you already have a mac and an IPhone/IPad, etc.

Bee1

Apr 27, 2014, 4:46:08 PM via App

My ide is dual boot windows 8 64 bit and eclipse with linuxmint and android studio. Best of both world.

Manoj Soni

May 31, 2014, 12:21:04 PM via Website

Each & Every mobile app is developed with the prediction that it will give outstanding results in the future. Choosing the right platform for creating mobile app, I think its the right decision. The download will be more and with this the user will increase, which will lead to more number of updates required for the app.

There are numerous criteria you developed to utilize when choosing the right platform for mobile application development. Here are some few things you should believe when make a decision on an application development platform:

1. What is your target audience using?
  2. Which platform is more familiar to your developers?
  3. The financial aspect is the other important thing.
  4. What profit do you wish to make?
  5. Which are the future prospects for the mobile platform?

Edwin Bos
  • Forum posts: 23

Sep 16, 2014, 10:38:19 PM via Website

Not sure what your question is...

For developing your app use Eclipse or Studio (last one still in beta), from google developer website

When making an app, check what permissions u need and try to make it available to as many platforms (android versions) as possible, given the constraints of your code. If possible, try to include version checking code so your app will be able to run on older android versions as well.

Rahul Kumar

Sep 19, 2014, 11:58:17 AM via Website

My Mobile Innovations is a USA based mobile application Development Company. we develop apps for #iOS, #Android and many more.

Mod Edit: Do not post personal information

— modified on Sep 19, 2014, 2:58:31 PM by moderator

Nancy R.
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 2, 2015, 8:01:20 AM via Website

Hello People It Depends on your mobile application development platform and what kind of make you mobile apps i am simply say which type you want to make application for example game, information ,e-commerce application. you can make both platform apps iOS and Andriod Apps.

Timo Schuck
  • Forum posts: 19

May 7, 2015, 11:28:10 PM via Website

Android Studio!

not anything else

Jane S.

Sam Verma
  • Forum posts: 6

Sep 24, 2015, 6:47:00 AM via Website

Affle AppStudioz is a Singapore-HQ mobile application development company. It is the development wing of Affle MAAS (Mobile Audience as Service) platform, specializing in UX, design and mobility. As a research led engineering company, Affle AppStudioz has a team of 300+ professionals that specializes in using Agile Scrum methodology for developing mobile apps. We have an expertise in developing world class apps in Entertainment, Healthcare, Retail, Media, Augmented reality, Enterprise Mobility, Finance, etc.

Jane S.

Sep 24, 2015, 11:09:52 AM via Website

Timo Schuck

Android Studio!

not anything else

I think as you :)

Sorin

Alice Smith

Feb 16, 2016, 11:49:57 AM via Website

The most important determining factor when it comes to selecting your mobile app development platform is your target audience. In case app targets the mass market, you want to make sure the most popular platforms such as IOS and Android are your priorities. If the business community is your primary target, corporate-based platforms like BlackBerry make a great choice.

Trance ILlusion

Mar 7, 2016, 10:28:19 AM via Website

I made apps both for IOS and Android systems, but the workload was better on IOS. The reason for this was that the application was fee-paying, and it is known that iPhones' fee-paying apps are downloaded better. Applications I ordered on midamobile.com.

— modified on Mar 7, 2016, 10:31:58 AM

Mihael Yank

Mar 13, 2016, 2:12:34 PM via Website

I can suggest you one interesting article)
mlsdev.com/en/blog/49-how-to-choose-an-app-development-company

Nilesh Kothari

Apr 27, 2016, 1:08:03 PM via Website

Here are some things should keep in mind when choosing the mobile platform:

1. Focus on target audience: It is essential that you should keep your focus on the target audience while creating the app and choose the platform which is helpful for your product and services for the better desired results.

2. Piracy rates: iOS apps have less piracy issues as compared to android app but android app can be created and shared easily.

3. Native app development or cross platform mobile app: If you are thinking to make single app then you should go for native app development platform and if you wish to make common app for android, windows and iOS app collectively then you should go for cross development platform.

4. Ease of use: You should prefer the coding language app to make the system understand which platform is easier in creating the app itself.

5. Heavy load: It depends on which operating system is using for your app because some operating system bear all types of workload which the app puts on it and other platforms can run limited number of features. To know about the weight load of app, discuss with your app developing team and as per the app features, decide which operating system will be suitable for your app.

6. Reliability: It is very important that you check the app's reliability and ensure that app does not crash as user starts taking the use of the application because both the company name and app reputation totally depends on your mobile app performance.

7. ROI: IOS will be best for ROI purposes in terms of increasing the company revenue while android and windows are well in terms of marketing the services of company.

— modified on Apr 27, 2016, 1:08:37 PM

Sorin

richelle anota
  • Forum posts: 24

Apr 28, 2016, 3:49:08 AM via Website

Please help to promote my app in android play store.

SorinDeactivated Account

richelle anota
  • Forum posts: 24

Apr 28, 2016, 10:34:16 AM via Website

Hi" guy's
Please help me to find a better mobile application for note taking. Thanks:):)

AngelJOhn
  • Forum posts: 5

Jun 17, 2016, 12:36:58 PM via Website

It was really an informative message.

AngelJOhn
  • Forum posts: 5

Jun 21, 2016, 11:24:06 AM via Website

I wish to do diploma in mobile app development, but I am confused which platform I have to choose like androids or iOS? Help me.

Achin Sagar

Aug 6, 2016, 12:17:07 PM via Website

In case of revenue Apple Beats Android hands down. You need not even consider Windows their userbase is negligible. But I would choose Android over Apple beacuse the number of people using Android in India is very much higher than those who have an Iphone. Hence depending upon your requirement you need to choose what you would want to give a try at.

Hong Mun
  • Forum posts: 14

Sep 8, 2016, 6:30:14 AM via Website

Android studio can be a good start! I am a beginner in mobile development and i think android studio is easy to pick up. Of course, this must be back up with good fundamental programming skills

Christie Rodriguez
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 12, 2016, 12:47:55 PM via Website

To select your mobile app development platform well to get desired results, most of the best mobile app developers keep in mind this some points while selecting the right mobile platform for app development:

1. Focus on target audience – It is essential that you keep your focus on the target audience when making the app and choose the platform that will be beneficial for your product and services after doing proper research.

2. Piracy rates – iOS apps have less piracy issues than Android as Android apps can be created easily and shared too. However, iOS apps paid or free, need to be validated by Apple first.

3. Native app development or cross platform app – If you wish to make the app for one platform only then native app development will work for you. But if you wish to target iOS, Android and Windows then you need to make a common app for all and opt for the cross platform app.

4. Ease of work – You need to take into consideration the coding language apps making system and understand which platform offers ease in creating the app itself.

5. Heavy load – Some operating systems can bear all the workload that an app puts on it whereas some platforms cannot run more than a specified number of features. Discuss with your app developing team as to how heavy your app will be and which operating system would be best for it.

6. Reliability – It is vital that you check the app’s reliability while it is being created and ensure that it does not crash as soon as the user starts using it. Your reputation and company’s name are both at stake when a mobile app is launched on a platform.

7. ROI – iOS would be an ideal choice for companies that wish to earn money while marketing their services and products while Android and Windows works well for marketing purposes only.

Choose the right mobile app development platform. Carry out an initial study to understand which mobile app development platform would be right for you.

I hope this helps you.

andyfletSorin

damponting44

Oct 13, 2016, 9:18:44 AM via Website

Here are a few things ought to remember while picking the Mobile App Development Company

Concentrate on target group of onlookers: It is key that you ought to keep your attention on the intended interest group while making the application and pick the stage which is useful for your item and administrations for the better coveted results.

Robbery rates: iOS applications have less theft issues when contrasted with android application yet android application can be made and shared effectively.

Local application advancement or cross stage versatile application: If you are deduction to make single application then you ought to go for local application improvement stage and on the off chance that you wish to make regular application for android, windows and iOS application aggregately then you ought to go for cross improvement stage.

Usability: You ought to lean toward the coding dialect application to make the framework comprehend which stage is less demanding in making the application itself.

Sorin

damponting44

Oct 14, 2016, 2:28:45 PM via Website

Toady it is very difficult to choose right Mobile App Development Company Because there are many companies that develop mobile applications on different platforms for millions of clients local and Globally. The real challenge is how to select right company which fulfil your requirements best.
There are few ways to decide the right mobile application development company in India which can best fulfil your requirements.

Declare the Platform: Recognize your requirements. The platform can be iPhone, Android or another. First of all identify the platform because a particular platform is used by most of the app development companies. Among these companies, the best one for you that have a best technical expert which develop certain smartphone application development.

Recommendation from Clients: You will have a knowledge what they can offer you. The quality of their application can be checked by using software testing team by them.

Ability to Meet the Deadline: Find out whether the app development companies are able to give your app at given time period.

Cost Effectiveness: Before choosing the company for Mobile App Development know the cost which will take for application development and you have not compromise with quality of the mobile application.

Focus on The App Design: First of all focus on good design for app and you have also know that a company have experienced graphics designer team are present or not. consider designer have design mobile app for clients.

Personalized Business Apps: When Choosing Mobile App Development Company, ensure that company provides personalized business apps according to your company needs and requirements.

Offshore product development:If design is outsourced an app can be made at an affordable price and application development take places in India. Mobile app development cost is very affordable in India comparison than other country.

Sorin

dvlper

Oct 19, 2016, 7:44:21 AM via Website

App development is much more important one for daily life because now a days all the people are using mobile device to sharing and various needs; in our site also provides best mobile app development service if you want get more ideas refer our site [mobile app development][1] thanks for sharing yor ideas.If you want to design your own app various platform are allow to learn after you should develop your own app.

Root Info Solutions
  • Forum posts: 9

Oct 19, 2016, 2:54:06 PM via Website

Hello Micky,

Don't confuse, Choose anyone from Android or iOS both scope are Great.

AppiGuru
  • Forum posts: 11

Oct 20, 2016, 11:38:24 AM via Website

While choosing the right mobile platform for app development, we need to see the

Target audience- When you are choosing a platform you need to consider your target audience. You should perform some research and create your customer profile. You have to pay attention to geographic criteria as they may be the most crucial for you. Platforms vary widely by region.

User behaviour- User behaviour differs depending on an OS and also a country.Apple users are more likely to spend money on applications. Android users tend to use free apps and are not willing to buy anything.

Features- Consider requiring features as well as user experience and compare them with the abilities of a certain platform. If you’d like to develop a custom application with the native look and feel, think of such solutions as iOS, Android.
The cost of development- It is a very important point in app development. Cross platforms are very expensive.

Devices you need to support- Developing a cross-platform application, you will need to adapt it to all devices together.

Monty Kumar
  • Forum posts: 11

Nov 2, 2016, 2:01:43 PM via Website

some things to keep in mind when selecting the platform.

1. Focus on target audience – It is essential that you keep your focus on the target audience when making the app and choose the platform that will be beneficial for your product and services after doing proper research.

2. Piracy rates – iOS apps have less piracy issues than Android as Android apps can be created easily and shared too. However, iOS apps paid or free, need to be validated by Apple first.

3. Native app development or cross platform app – If you wish to make the app for one platform only then native app development will work for you. But if you wish to target iOS, Android and Windows then you need to make a common app for all and opt for the cross platform app.

4. Ease of work – You need to take into consideration the coding language apps making system and understand which platform offers ease in creating the app itself.

5. Heavy load – Some operating systems can bear all the workload that an app puts on it whereas some platforms cannot run more than a specified number of features. Discuss with your app developing team as to how heavy your app will be and which operating system would be best for it.

6. Reliability – It is vital that you check the app’s reliability while it is being created and ensure that it does not crash as soon as the user starts using it. Your reputation and company’s name are both at stake when a mobile app is launched on a platform.

7. ROI – iOS would be an ideal choice for companies that wish to earn money while marketing their services and products while Android and Windows works well for marketing purposes only.

Hardik Jani

Nov 5, 2016, 7:43:03 AM via Website

You should do some level of analysis to choose mobile app development platform. It also includes your maximum users coming from which geographic location. If you are targeting USA and surrounding then iOS is good, but if you are targeting all over the world then Android is good. However the mobile platform selection criteria depend on many other factors such as cost.

Methew Bond
  • Forum posts: 88

Nov 10, 2016, 1:44:11 PM via Website

Well there are few steps to consider before choosing the platform for any app, like target audience, User behavior, Features , The cost of development, Devices you need to support.

sapana parihar

Mar 9, 2017, 8:04:18 AM via Website

"Hii that's a good information shared by you "

"Thanks & Great"!!!

grado douglas

Mar 20, 2017, 5:48:29 AM via Website

depends how complex your ideas of app. If simple, can just use some online tools to do it. If too complex, have to learn how to do coding.

Yuvrajsinh Vaghela
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 20, 2017, 10:51:04 AM via Website

One of my friends wrote an article titled, "How to Select Your Mobile App Development Platform Well?"

Google it. I can't share the link as I'm new here.

Major points from the article are:

1. Targeted Audience
  2. Cross platform app or Native app development
  3. Piracy Rates
  4. Weight lifting- Heavy Load
  5. ROI
  6. Reliability

martin smith
  • Forum posts: 277

Mar 22, 2017, 10:31:20 AM via Website

Thanks for sharing good information.. its helpful..

Андрей Довиденко
  • Forum posts: 15

Apr 11, 2017, 6:21:06 AM via Website

If you want to do really good application it will be good to use App Store, because they can promote your app in case it's flawless. Play Market is good for start your career as developer

Susan Smith
  • Forum posts: 6

Apr 17, 2017, 2:15:09 PM via Website

There are many platforms and tools available out there in the wild when it comes to mobile app development. Over the last couple of weeks, I have been evaluating various development options and came to the conclusion that there are five different categories to choose from, as listed below –
Native Development
Cordova based Hybrid app development -
Mobile app development in React Native
App development using Xamarin
Last but not the least DIY (Do It Yourself) tools

Ravi Makhija

Endive Software

Apr 20, 2017, 8:07:04 AM via Website

Today, with a large number of smartphone users that are increasing rapidly, the mobile application market has become one of the greatest business promotion platforms. Thus, with each business craving to employ it as an important part of its marketing strategy the field has grown in terms of competition too.
**Here are Some factors to help you decide the best Mobile Application Development Platform for your app-

1) Supported Features:**
The platform should sport support for features like intuitive development, easy customization, explicit testing, host, and user-friendly administration.

2) Supported Operating System:

Before choosing the mobile app development platform, you need to know the operating system that you want to target. Many platforms show better compatibility with the Android application development program, while many with iOS application development.

3) Cross-Platform App Development:

Cross-Platform app development has become one of the most preferred mobile app development programs for many big businesses. The cross-platform development program shows high compatibility for more than one operating system and a good employment of the beneficial native features of the targeted Operating System.

4) Platform Based on App Variety:

There are three types of concerned app varieties – Native apps, Web apps, Hybrid apps. Based on these three varieties the mobile app development service provider can choose the most appropriate platform for your mobile application development.

5) Rapid Mobile Application Development Platform Vs Customised Mobile Application Development Platform:

The rapid mobile app development platform offers you a highly intuitive application development process, which require less or no knowledge of coding owing to the drag-and-drop application assembly. This may be beneficial for small generic mobile apps, but lacks the customization approach.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 19

Apr 20, 2017, 3:39:07 PM via Website

Why not Google Play?

Dipanshu Upadhyay

Sep 22, 2017, 9:36:02 AM via Website

Hestabit is a top mobile app development company in USA with 500+ successful projects. Hestabit offers custom mobile app development services at affordable price.

Jim Witt

Oct 25, 2017, 8:58:54 AM via Website

It's all depend on your project requirement. There is a lot of developer in market who will agree to develop same app at different-different price. But a little developer from them know the best process to develop an unique app. You just need to find out that who knows the best process to develop an app and go for it.

Consagous Technologies

Jan 11, 2018, 11:01:45 AM via Website

You Should Focus On When Choosing The Best Mobile App Development Platform
• Target audience
• User behavior
• Features
• The cost of development
• Devices you need to support
According to me Native iOS mobile app development, Native Android development platform, Cross-platform apps right mobile platform for app development.

Danish Qureshi
  • Forum posts: 42

Jan 29, 2018, 11:05:54 AM via Website

What you should know when choosing a platform for the development of your app
The second part of this article deals with a thorough analysis of the pros and cons of every development platform. Here we go.

Native iOS mobile app development-

Basically, asking a question about the best native platform for your app leads to deciding between iOS and Android. Let us take a closer look at iOS first.

iOS is a closed platform. This means that Apple has full control over its programming language, the apps it publishes and the devices it releases. They have strict guidelines, where a deviation may lead to the fatal outcome of your digital baby’s fortune. You will need to obey those rules and get prepared for constant changes. This is an innovative company, a thought leader that is continuously searching for perfection. On the other hand, developers always know how to interact with designers and how to make a perfect product that will be 100% accepted by the store and appreciated by users.

From time to time, you will need to update your app to the latest OS. Apple has made the adoption easy for the users. All they need to do is to go to Settings and launch an upgrade. For you as a product owner it means that you will need to stay in constant touch with your developer and update the app according to the latest requirements.

Another good news is that there are just about 20 devices you’ll need to make the app compatible with. Android has more than hundred of them, which makes design optimisation, for instance, a pretty challenging task. Fewer supported devices entail lower costs for testing.

If you are concerned about revenues and want to get the best out of your digital business, remember that iOS devices are the most expensive and thus they attract people ready to spend money on applications. So if your aim is to earn income from an application and not just make people aware of your brand, think of iOS development. They say Apple users spend 60% more on purchasing apps than Android users.

Native Android development platform

According to the recent data of Statista.com, Android is the top mobile development platform in the world. As a lot of people use Android devices. By developing an Android app you get access to a large pool of target users. As well as iOS, this operating system is very flexible as an app can work on multiple gadgets: smartphones, tablets, watches, TV-boxes and even autos. There is also diversity in applications on Google Play. One can find everything for his taste there. Thus by publishing an app to this marketplace, be sure to get plenty of early followers.

The Java programming language is popular beyond the Android world. This keeps the threshold of entering the development pretty low. With the platform being not difficult to study, it’s quite easy to find a skilled developer to bring your idea to fruition. The development is possible on different OS among which are Windows, Mac OS or Linux, as Android SDK can be installed and used on all of them. Google constantly creates and polishes the appropriate development tools, making it easy for programmers to develop apps of various complexity levels.

Cross-platform apps

A cross-platform app is a combination of HTML5 and native plug-ins. The so called “write-once-run-everywhere” approach may seem to be a pretty cost-effective solution. Appcelerator.com, one of the most popular cross-platform frameworks, promises 20% faster development in comparison with native languages, reuse of up to 90% of developed code when supporting multiple platforms, and significant cost reduction. Sounds like a pie in the sky, doesn’t it?

It seems like cross-platform development may be a good option for your project: no headache about the diversity of supported devices, plenty of ready-made solutions and UI frameworks to implement even a complicated feature. It’s much easier to support an HTML5 app rather than a native one.

Sorin

Danish Qureshi
  • Forum posts: 42

Mar 12, 2018, 11:45:04 AM via Website

Most people are confused about which platform is much better hybrid or native so that check out pros and cons of native and hybrid platform for your mobile app. Have a look
and if you want to calculate the cost of an app which you want then get the estimated cost here

— modified on Mar 14, 2018, 12:54:10 PM

Denny234

Jul 31, 2018, 4:22:05 PM via Website

In general, you may choose one of this platforms:
Appery
Mobile Roadie
TheAppBuilder
Good Barber
Appy Pie

shobitasaini

Sep 11, 2018, 2:57:50 PM via Website

There are so many options out there today that it can be overwhelming to try to make a decision. You should ask yourself a few questions to help narrow down your options, like “what technologies do I know, or am willing to learn” “what is the nature of my app” or “how important is scalability?”

Here are a few to consider:

Antier Solutions - This is one of the best company, who provides best mobile app development company in India and also provide the safe and secure platform for mobile app development.
If You Want their service,Please email here : info@antiersolutions.com

Kony Mobility Platform - claims that is “supports the entire application software development lifecycle (SDLC) and enables organizations to go from idea to omni-channel app in just a few.” Has pre-built apps that will really help you get started but documentation might be a problem.