Best Weather App or Widget?

• Replies:18
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Nov 14, 2013, 5:15:21 PM via Website

Guys, it's getting cold out there! :cold:

What weather apps are you using right now to make sure you don't end up wearing swimming trunks in a snow storm?

Accuweather is a popular one, then there's eWeather HD, Radar HD, Alerts which is now on sale for 50% and there are tons out there.

Which one do you prefer?

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Nov 15, 2013, 10:59:58 AM via Website

Best weather widget is called the window: go to it and look out. You'll certainly get better results than any weather app (in my opinion). I use three different weather apps, they never agree and half the time none of them are accurate. Very happy to take suggestions on any that are actually right sometimes though.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Cowboy77792
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 15, 2013, 10:43:11 PM via Website

I like WeatherBug I have used a lot of the others and I keep coming back to the WeatherBug.

costas socrates
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 20, 2013, 8:33:59 PM via App

Hello I'm using Android weather after much of apps and I'm now happy. It's correct about 99%.

Manfred Schultz

Nov 21, 2013, 3:38:01 PM via Website

I live in the Caribbean, and as any half-way competent meteorologist will tell you, predicting the weather over islands is hugely difficult, so any weather app or service is going to be hard put to produce accurate weather information. I have 3 three apps, on my Nexus 7 and my S3, that I use and then take an average of that info. AccuWeather, Wunderground and Yahoo. When it comes to hurricane season I use the NOAA website as my homepage on my FF browser on both the N7 and the S3.

Gary Wilson

Nov 26, 2013, 2:54:24 PM via Website

The BBC' weather app is pretty good, I live in Berlin and it is (most of the time at least) accurate :)

Sherry Luo
  • Forum posts: 22

Dec 9, 2013, 8:02:19 AM via Website

I know there is a kind of weather app, which is designed for kids, that is -- Baby Learns Weather. Have you heard it?

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Dec 9, 2013, 7:31:28 PM via Website

The most accurate I've used is Arcus. It's not particularly flashy, just well designed with all the necessary info in a widget plus the option to have a sticky notification. It will advise of the chance of rain in the next hour, plus the usual forecasts, and tends to be uncannily accurate.

Sinkster

Josephine Jones
  • Forum posts: 11

Dec 15, 2013, 12:59:21 PM via Website

WeatherBug

Ed E.

Dec 15, 2013, 4:51:26 PM via App

I've used a lot of weather apps since my first android phone and so far eWeather HD is the best, it offers so much more than any other app out there..........love it

ohgeeej
  • Forum posts: 5

Jan 28, 2014, 7:51:29 AM via Website

I'm using Yahoo Weather app. This application is beautiful, useful and easy.You can get not only temperature forecasts but also detailed weather information like interactive radar, satellite, heat, and wind maps.

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Apr 28, 2014, 3:32:39 PM via Website

Guys, there has just been some terrible news: in the USA, a tornado has tragically caused many deaths and destroyed a lot of damage in Mayflower Arkansas. Super sad :(

I'm not sure what happened, but I think that there should definitely be better ways of giving people timely weather warnings to get them out of any danger zones.

What apps would be good for emergency weather warnings? I think it would be a good idea for more people to get accurate information on their phones before things get really serious! I know that I would want to be warned right away.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Apr 29, 2014, 7:51:30 AM via Website

@Loie Yes, I have heard that terrible news,:O I feel like going back to my :( I never put myself towards a weather application that alerts me from severe weather, I was not using weather widget because it drains battery.... but I think I should get one that can alert me from the severe weather. I really don't know which weather app would be the best ... okay I have done some Googling and what strike my attention was 1weather.

Sharon Jung

Apr 29, 2014, 9:31:12 AM via Website

I really like the Google Weather. The wallpaper is so beatiful.