Coolest thing you do, nerdiest thing you do, and smartphone confessions

• Replies:6
Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Nov 4, 2013, 2:59:26 PM via Website

Ok, I thought we could start a fun forum thread with five sections:

1. Coolest thing you do (in life in general)
2. Nerdiest thing you do (don't be shy)
3. First smartphone you had (and for old folks like me, first mobile phone you had too)
4. Current smartphone/s
5. Most ridiculous thing you've done to/with your phone (bonus points for dropping someone else's phone in the toilet)

I'll start us off:
1. Mountaineering
2. Cross-stitch (I told you don't be shy)
3. HTC Desire (Sony Ericcson PF768)
4. Nexus 4 / fake iPhone 5 from Bangkok that runs Android
5. Killed my PF768 by talking on the phone when I had peroxide in my hair (still not being shy)

Who's next?

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

HowDoYouAndroid.com
  • Forum posts: 145

Nov 4, 2013, 9:25:29 PM via Website

Oh, alright -- I can be brave.

1. I do a little bit of everything... but I'm a musician, so all things music primarily, I suppose. And I dress to match... I wear cool clothes :) Hey! Mrs. Robinson just came on the radio at Starbucks -- a decent song; how rare!
2. Um. The little bit of everything applies to the nerdy side also :) What sort of nerd we talking? That I know how to sew, or that I know HTML? There's two for you. :)
3. HTC Wildfire -- such a pretty little white thing. Ran out of storage immideatelyish, though
4. Nexus 4... but I think I'm about to replace it :)
5. Haven't. Sorry. Closest would be leaving it in a dressing room for a second. I'm serious, people. I guard this thing with my life. Don't really even let people put drinks down in its vicinity.

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Shansheezy
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 10, 2013, 3:16:10 PM via App

Kris Carlon

3. First smartphone you had (and for old folks like me, first mobile phone you had too)
4. Current smartphone/s
5. Most ridiculous thing you've done to/with your phone (bonus points for dropping someone else's phone in the toilet)

I'll start us off:
1. Mountaineering
5. Killed my PF768 by talking on the phone when I had peroxide in my hair (still not being shy)

Who's next?
1. I guess guys find it pretty hot that I like performance cars and also that I can carry a decent technical conversation.
2. I read Android news as much as possible..... Hell, I usually keep a few sites up and refresh throughout the day. If I didn't have to work I'd make Android blogging a career.
3. Motorola Droid/OG DROID (LG vx8000)
4. Samsung Galaxy S4/ Galaxy Nexus
5. Bricked my DROID X while at work. Had to wait until it was time to go home before I got it back on..... Plus I didn't have a backup phone..... It was down a total of 6 hours.

Smart Tech
  • Forum posts: 17

Nov 19, 2013, 10:15:06 AM via Website

1. I'm building my house in a countryside 20 miles from a city. Its the coolest thing in my life. But I plan to drag Ford Mustang Hemi from US and this could be the coolest thing:)
2. Cooking - I love cooking :)
3. Nokia 3310 - I dont know if this model was available in US but in europe this was a masterpiece (and yes, it wasnt a smartphone - no internet, no mms, no camera, no java, monochrome display)
4. HTC One V
5. When I had LG slider (it was made of aluminium) I always had to pinch my hand with it. So some beautiful day I smashed it into pieces :) It was great feeling...for a moment...

— modified on Nov 19, 2013, 10:15:31 AM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 25

Dec 13, 2013, 3:37:56 AM via Website

Kris Carlon

4. Current smartphone/s

I'll start us off:
1. Mountaineering

Who's next?

1. Guess it would be, good at study in my junior and senior school.and get the 1st place 3 years in a row( well ,or this should be placed on 2nd column)
2. Always too shy to talk to the boy I like(Actually never talk to him ,unless he talk to me).
3.ZTE
4.HUAWEI
5. Talk to the phone for 3 minutes when I thought I have pick up it ( I shut it down)

HowDoYouAndroid.com
  • Forum posts: 145

Dec 13, 2013, 3:13:36 PM via Website

SO ironic that I have now dropped mine in a toilet. Unbelievable. No matter how hard I try. :-P Ya can't win 'em all.

HowDoYouAndroid.com

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Dec 14, 2013, 1:44:27 AM via App

coolest thing: go a holiday twice a year to somewhere I've never been before. I'm no spring chicken, so I'm running out of (affordable) destinations.
nerdiest thing: spend about five hours a day modding/breaking/fixing my phone. I should have an xda tattoo...
first phone: Motorola startac.
current phone: Nexus 5
stupidest thing I've done to my phone: probably when I changed the fascia on my Arc and accidentally broke my WiFi antenna. And the new fascia...

Sinkster