Samsung Galaxy S4 mini — Change the apps in the task bar

• Replies:3
Nick Coccaro
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 22, 2013, 7:28:40 AM via Website

I've been trying to change the five default icons in my s4 mini but I could not sort it out.

Can someone please assist?

Cheers

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Oct 22, 2013, 2:28:38 PM via Website

Hey @Nick, apparently a firmware update somewhere along the lines removed that ability. The easiest way to change the app shortcuts in the dock is to just install an alternative Launcher that will let you control the dock and icons. If you want to pay you can try Nova (they also have a free version), but I'm using Solo Launcher at the moment (which is free) and I love it. You can add any icons you want to the dock, make folders in the dock, change icons and folder styles, add folder titles, remove the separation bar, put as many apps in the dock as you want, run three docks at a time, and...well, you get my point.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Nick Coccaro
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 22, 2013, 3:06:39 PM via Website

Thanks! I'll try that.

Mick
  • Forum posts: 38

Dec 12, 2013, 2:03:25 PM via Website

Nick Coccaro
I've been trying to change the five default icons in my s4 mini but I could not sort it out.

Can someone please assist?

Cheers

There is an icon in the top right corner - looks like 3 squares and two arrows facing left and right. Tap this icon, the entire list is displayed, and you can select things and move them around. Easy peasy!

— modified on Dec 12, 2013, 2:14:39 PM