Which fans are more ''die-hard''? Apple or Android?

• Replies:19
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Sep 23, 2013, 4:22:25 PM via Website

We've been posting quite a bit of Apple news in the last little while, which some Android fans are quite liking, even calling us ApplePIT, which isn't necessarily a deserved title. In fact, it's always good to keep an eye out for what competiting brands are doing. In any case, I saw a few YouTube videos of ppl waiting for the new iPhone 5S and 5C for 2 weeks and it makes me wonder if any Android fans, for either Samusng, LG, Sony or HTC would go to these lengths to get their hands on the devices and show how much they love it.

Here is a video of Apple Fans waiting to get their hands on these ''precious'' phones.

This lady was sleeping in a closed plastic garbage bag waiting in the line: if this isn't a crazy die-hard fan, then I don't know what is!

What's your take on this?

— modified on Sep 23, 2013, 4:29:41 PM

Amy R.
  • Forum posts: 238

Sep 23, 2013, 10:01:16 PM via Website

LOL! That's insane. :lol: I guess I'm not THAT much of a diehard fan when it comes to anything. Personally, I'm not a huge apple fan and never was. I like Android because the platform, formatting, and scripting/command structure is very familiar to me. I LOVE Linux and always will, but Android is a very close second.

-Don't worry Apple, I hate Windows phones even more

— modified on Sep 24, 2013, 12:24:02 AM

"You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here & So Am I" - FZ

My1
  • Forum posts: 673

Sep 25, 2013, 9:27:40 AM via Website

Kris Carlon
Have you forgotten this already? Crazy LG fans with spears and BB guns! Just skip to the 50-second mark.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7EHPcbRhq0

ok but you could get a phone that isnt even completely out for FREE, this with BB guns is nothing against 15 days waiting iPhone fans, anyway they didnt use real guns so...

MFG/Regards My1

Teena santiago
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 28, 2013, 11:03:29 PM via App

that's insane ..it just shows how much technology has taken over the world !!! plastic bag? 14 days ? .. for real?

noor kabara

Sep 30, 2013, 5:46:02 AM via App

is this really true? or is it a frank. cause i didn't see a human head in that pic. the nylon bag will suffocate her to death.

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Oct 4, 2013, 3:22:49 PM via Website

I'm sorry to say Noor, but this is totally true! This is a still taking from a video of the event where you could see the bag inflating an deflating as the person breathed.

Another very sad fact is that many of the people who were waiting for the gold version of the phone got told when they entered the store that that particular store wouldn't be carrying that model at all, or at least for the opening. 2 weeks for nothing!

I wish people would practice the motto: ''patience is a virtue''.....and wait in the warmth of their homes!

James Ahn
  • Forum posts: 6

Oct 14, 2013, 8:43:30 PM via Website

As much of advocates of Android as we are, Apple fans are more die hard because they will never ever jump ship. If another OS took off and beat Android, I can see many Android users stepping up to what's newer and better. Apple fans would stay with Apple regardless if Cupertino brought them something better, or inferior.

liljom

Oct 15, 2013, 5:25:54 PM via Website

I think Apple fans are more fanatic. Not because there is a good reason for that. They might see more ads, or have more fan friends, but last time I went to a shop to check out the latest phones, after cheking out the android devices I took a look at the iPhone 5. For first sight I thought, that it's some kids phone with that tiny screen, big bezels, and the price...
I think they are just well hit by the ads, and they enjoy being special waiting days. In my country there's no HTC, Samsung or LG shop (and no Apple fans waiting even hours). I agree with the above post, Android fans think and look, they don't just follow. They choose the best available.
I don't like Apple's one size fits all (placing the old iPhone into colored plastic doesn't help much). Android fans have different taste, different needs and different OPTIONS :)

Amy R.

Oct 15, 2013, 5:47:50 PM via Website

Apple fans are definitely the most fanatic............

Eddy Fosman
  • Forum posts: 14

Oct 17, 2013, 4:04:38 AM via Website

I'm quite disappoint with IOS 7, right now I feel more comfortable with Android

Amy R.

Oct 17, 2013, 5:19:06 AM via App

Eddy Fosman
I'm quite disappoint with IOS 7, right now I feel more comfortable with Android

ditto

My1

Oct 17, 2013, 8:27:54 AM via Website

I also have to say ditto...

MFG/Regards My1

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Oct 17, 2013, 2:12:20 PM via Website

I'd agree that Apple fans are more cult-like about Apple than Android, although Samsung fans are almost as bad - you can't say anything negative about Samsung, even if it's true, without getting your head chewed off. I think Apple has done a wonderful job of incubating that ''community'' feel with their products, like, once you're in, you're in. I remember because I had a MacBook Pro and iPod and so on, but never made the jump to iPads and iPhones - that's where I opted for Android because of the freedoms involved. But Android fans are definitely more vocal about their hatred of Apple. Apple fans just get on with the worship.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

My1

Oct 17, 2013, 6:23:48 PM via Website

I might be a Samsung fan but I see everything neutrally, e.g. the ppl talking about Touchwiz is bad get a response
"I think the TW Launcher is bad too but the rest is OK but it's a matter of taste"
or I'd also say that it's bad that they didnt use micro USB in their first 2 Tab Generations...

MFG/Regards My1

Amy R.

Oct 17, 2013, 7:04:29 PM via Website

I agree. I noticed similar things when it came to my note 10.1 and the newer model.

Haha, that was cute Philipp!! My keyboard must have assumed I was rambling on about pokemon again :P

— modified on Oct 17, 2013, 7:06:34 PM

My1

Oct 17, 2013, 7:10:13 PM via Website

what is so cute?
Personally I like Twouchwiz very much (as stated before except for the Launcher, how can they put a 4x4 Grid + 5 Dock items) on a Device like Note 3...
but the nicest thing is the collection of statbar toggles and such, but I have to Admit that TW Nature (S3 and onwards) looks batter than TW Nature 2 (S4 and onwards) especially we dont have those Setting tabs, but TW Nature 2 has also a lot of nice features (even more notification shortcuts, reactivation lock after wipe, app2SD and whatnot.

MFG/Regards My1

Amy R.

Oct 17, 2013, 7:29:19 PM via Website

Philipp Junghannß
what is so cute?
Personally I like Twouchwiz very much (as stated before except for the Launcher, how can they put a 4x4 Grid + 5 Dock items) on a Device like Note 3...
but the nicest thing is the collection of statbar toggles and such, but I have to Admit that TW Nature (S3 and onwards) looks batter than TW Nature 2 (S4 and onwards) especially we dont have those Setting tabs, but TW Nature 2 has also a lot of nice features (even more notification shortcuts, reactivation lock after wipe, app2SD and whatnot.

No, you caught my typo earlier (ditto).............

I do agree when it comes to the difference between older and newer devices of the same type though. I kick myself now for not holding out longer for the new note 10.1 to come out. Makes my device appear to be lacking a bit.................

ali khan
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 2, 2013, 10:54:26 AM via App

James Ahn
As much of advocates of Android as we are, Apple fans are more die hard because they will never ever jump ship. If another OS took off and beat Android, I can see many Android users stepping up to what's newer and better. Apple fans would stay with Apple regardless if Cupertino brought them something better, or inferior.

Yep you are right.. it's like when you buy Apple products you become loyal to it. Doesn't happens with other products. Strange but true. :(