Samsung Galaxy S3 — Galaxy S3 is stuck at Samsung logo splash screen and won’t charge

• Replies:13
Troubleshooter
  • Forum posts: 6

Sep 15, 2013, 7:38:03 AM via Website

Hi. A little bit of help would be highly appreciated.

A few days ago, my Samsung Galaxy S3 started freezing randomly. I had to remove the battery in order to restart it. Yesterday the problem got worse: whenever I try to turn the phone on, it freezes in the first splash screen (the “Samsung Galaxy SIII GT-I9300” screen). When I push the power button for a few seconds in order to turn it off, it goes off but then turns on by itself immediately after and freezes again in the first screen. I have to remove the battery in order to turn it off.

When I try to charge the phone with the mains charger or with the USB cable connected to my PC, a gray battery icon with a static circle inside appears and the screen doesn’t change. After several minutes, the phone gets warm, but there’s no evidence that the battery is charging (the icon of the gray battery with a static circle inside is still there).

I took my wife’s S3 battery (50% charged), put into my S3, pushed the power button and the phone froze at the same point (“Galaxy SIII” screen). I’ve also tested my battery on my wife’s S3: it charged normally and her phone worked flawlessly. I guess this means it’s not a battery issue.

I’ve already tried to clear the cache partition or even factory reset my phone (removed the battery for a few seconds, put it back, then pushed Volume Up + Home + Power for a while), but it didn’t work either (the Android System Recovery screen never appeared).

The phone is rooted, but I’ve never installed any custom ROM.

I’ve read many android forums and tried a few workarounds, but nothing seemed to work.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

David D.
  • Forum posts: 77

Sep 15, 2013, 8:40:20 AM via App

This same issue happened to my device. Here's what I did. I selected the Reboot boot loader option in recovery menu. You should see the screen with a green android logo saying 'Download mode'. Now force reboot your phone, take an online nandroid backup to external SD card, factory reset and restore select apps from your backup
All the best!!!

Troubleshooter

Sep 15, 2013, 8:57:42 AM via Website

David Dave
This same issue happened to my device. Here's what I did. I selected the Reboot boot loader option in recovery menu. You should see the screen with a green android logo saying 'Download mode'. Now force reboot your phone, take an online nandroid backup to external SD card, factory reset and restore select apps from your backup
All the best!!!

Unfortunately I'm unable to reach the recovery menu, because pressing Volume Up + Home + Power simply doesn't work.

David D.

Sep 16, 2013, 5:45:09 AM via App

1.What recovery menu do you have installed?
2. Did you install any app which asked su permissions just before this incident?
3. Any error dialog box the last time you were able to boot up?
Please understand I'm doing my best.
I know how you feel since I've been in that situation a few weeks back.
BTW do you have Nottach Xposed or any framework installed?
And what Android version is yours?

— modified on Sep 16, 2013, 5:52:10 AM

Troubleshooter

Sep 22, 2013, 6:13:22 AM via Website

Thanks for your help, Dave, but I have given up trying to soft unbrick my phone. I've already tried many unbricking procedures, but none of them have worked.

I'm deciding whether I'll replace the main motherboard or not.

I'll keep up posting.

David D.

Sep 24, 2013, 1:35:23 PM via App

Oh okay. All the best-you'll need it!

Anders Bagger
  • Forum posts: 57

Jan 19, 2014, 3:10:02 AM via App

Troubleshooter

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Have you tried one of those dongles with an aprox 300 ohm resistor or something? I do not know what the price is in us dollars. In danish kroners. They cost around 6. Anyway... The dongle is basically a micro usb connector, with a resistor soldered between two pin's. It is ment to unbrick a hard bricked samsung phone.

Craig Brophy
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 13, 2014, 2:30:32 PM via Website

I am having the same issue .... I have factory reset and wiped cache but it is stuck at the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT 19300 screen and yes i accepted a SU prompt for radio or something .... my phone is bricked and I have little to no money to fix it so im relying totally on this forum to fix my phone .... please help

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Apr 14, 2014, 7:56:38 AM via Website

@craig well, what you can do is just goto the sammobile/frimware section and download the stock appropriate ROM from their, once the download finishes, search the Google for the latest version of ODIN, now flash the ROM via the ODIN you're device will be working as new !

Danial Ramzan
  • Forum posts: 8

Jul 1, 2014, 5:56:25 PM via Website

John F. , I did that and that got me into this mess. Any Solutions?

Lalit
  • Admin

Jul 2, 2014, 6:19:52 AM via Website

Well, @Danial tell me from the start i.e. the problem you are experiencing and what have you done ?? because I don't know about the problem you are experiencing and all of the sudden you came out and ....!! :? Anyway Let me know in detail about the problem you're experiencing ?

— modified on Jul 2, 2014, 6:20:41 AM

Danial Ramzan
  • Forum posts: 8

Jul 2, 2014, 11:48:01 AM via Website

John F. , That Is Fine Now but Touchscreen Does Not Work.

Stats:

Galaxy S3 I9300
Failed Root
When Root Failed Samsung Splash Screen Looked Like It Dissolved Or Something.
That Kept Happening.
I Pulled The Battery Out Many Times And Thats How It Stoped.
CRS CODE: PAK (danger) (danger)

Lalit
  • Admin

Jul 2, 2014, 12:21:17 PM via Website

Well @Danial Ramzan,

Which ROM you have tried to flash ?? I think the problem started occurring because you have flashed the different .... Anyway let us try doing the flashing thing again ! :)

Head over to the Sammobile Firmwares section search for the appropriate stock ROM available for you over there, Get the latest version of ODIN downloaded over here . Once you did follow all the steps which you did previously to flash the ROM .... (nerd)

Anyway if you still find some difficulties no worries I have found a thread over the XDA which will help you in guide with the flashing: (lightbulb)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/general/restore-to-stock-rom-galaxy-s3-i9300-t2187081

Do let me know if you encounter any further issues? Which I don't think is going to happen now ... (angel)

PS: Do make a backup of your data before preceding with the reloading process as it's going to wipe out ... :'(

Update: What I don't get is you said you tried rooting your device and then experienced the problem? I haven't tell you to root your device to flash.... ? :?

— modified on Jul 2, 2014, 12:27:44 PM

Dragos DD
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 31, 2014, 12:41:44 PM via Website

Hello,
Yes because 1 month ago I had the same problem and the way I hanled it is very easy . I had to replace a part in it and after I had no problems with it still lost all data from the phone . You should check you Cellz.com because they have very cheap Samsung Galaxy S3 Parts
and I think the exact part name was Rear Glass Panel or somethin with a Motherboard .
Hope it helps ,
Cheers