Samsung Galaxy S Advance — Samsung Galaxy S5

• Replies:8
Andy Felix Sugianto
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 12, 2013, 4:24:40 AM via App

Is it true that rumor about the Galaxy S5 will use metal material ? And What New Feature That Should Samsung Place on it..

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Sep 12, 2013, 11:02:55 AM via Website

It's important to note that the metal chassis rumor is just that - a rumor. There's been no confirmation at all from Samsung, the story came from industry insiders'' which could mean absolutely nothing. But considering Samsung's penchance for removable batteries and replaceable cases, it seems highly likely (to me) that the metal chassis would be an option only (or the front of the phone might be metal and the back could be plastic or metal). The HTC One's design is one of it's best features and a large part of that is the metal case, but plastic protects a device better from a fall so it seems a little unlikely to me that Samsung would make their phones more expensive, less durable and with a non-replaceable battery (if it was a solid shell case), especially considering how popular those features are for them right now. Carbon fiber or Kevlar would make more sense (and be lighter).

— modified on Oct 9, 2013, 3:48:36 PM

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Oct 9, 2013, 3:50:31 PM via Website

The Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor mill continues to churn: metal chassis (backed up by supply chain changes and reports from Samsung insiders), plus the Galaxy F series (next year's replacement to the Galaxy S series) apparent aluminum build, as well as waterproof, dustproof and featuring a 13 MP ISOCELL camera with double the anti-shake correction capability of current cameras and eight times brighter low-light images. It's heating up!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Mohamed Suleman
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 1, 2013, 10:13:33 AM via Website

I just hope they keep the dimensions of the S5 the same as the S3/S4 , any wider and I will be looking to other Android devices for my upgrade.
One handed operation is still key for me, My S3 is exploring the outer limits of that, so any bigger will just not do...

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Nov 1, 2013, 4:12:41 PM via Website

This week, there was more talk about the Galaxy S5 getting a 64-bit Exynos 6 processor to compete with the iPhone 5s. Unlike the Apple smartphone, the 8 core processor in the S5 will run all at the same time thanks to HMP (Heterogenous Multi-Processing). Also, the S5 could come with 4 GB of RAM, which I don't know if I believe, because we just saw the Note 3 come out with 3 GB and it took a very long time before we saw this step up from the 2B that most smartphones have nowadays. I think this is wishful thinking, but Samsung, if you can prove me wrong, go right ahead!

thom peter
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 13, 2014, 6:22:40 PM via Website

Samsung’s Galaxy S5[/url], the next generation of its flagship smartphone, will be released by April and may include innovative eye-scanning technology.

DavidFudge
  • Forum posts: 7

Jul 30, 2019, 2:22:09 PM via Website

Old smartphones are really good at safe questions

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

May 13, 2020, 12:36:00 PM via Website

2013 !!! what a waste of time