Samsung Galaxy S2 — Forgot my android unlock pattern

• Replies:12
Shahid Qazim
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 27, 2013, 3:19:50 PM via Website

I bought my Samsung S2 before 2 months and i dont remember whether i logged in to play store using my Google account or not, I had a pattern for unlocking the device, today morning my friends tried a several times and now its locked and asking for the username and password which i don't know, i tried my g mail accounts and passwords but its not getting done, i changed my passwords and tried again, still it's not working out, i have all my documents and warranty card of my phone, i would like to know if i have any way to unlock my phone without losing my contacts other files

Bryan
  • Forum posts: 2,286

Jul 27, 2013, 3:29:39 PM via App

Hello and welcome to AndroidPIT:grin:
if you do a hard reset it on your s2 loses all data and to unlock it with your Gmail username should be your s2 connect to wi-fi for me the only solution is the hard reset

Je vous aide avec un grand plaisir ! Bryan :)

Shahid Qazim

Jul 27, 2013, 4:41:52 PM via Website

thank you sir, but what if the wifi connection exists, it's connected to wifi, contacts and other data are important,

— modified on Jul 27, 2013, 4:42:40 PM

Nupur

Bryan

Jul 27, 2013, 4:52:20 PM via App

If your wi-fi connected you can do by entering your username but it's rare when did getting there. Unfortunately if you do a hard reset you will lose all your data permanently. I will clearly explain to you how to make a hard reset

Nupur

Shahid Qazim

Jul 27, 2013, 6:54:00 PM via Website

then could you please explain how to do that

— modified on Jul 27, 2013, 6:54:22 PM

Nupur

Bryan

Jul 27, 2013, 7:06:52 PM via App

How to make a hard reset

Phone off, keep these backed up the appearance of the menu button system recovery:

Volume up + home (central button) + power button (screen lock) In the menu that appears, use the volume buttons to navigate Rendering wipe data / factory reset, press the home or power restoration process of plant starts and restarts the phone like new

Nupur

yaham jayasuriya
  • Forum posts: 9

Aug 26, 2013, 5:30:28 PM via Website

aren't there any other ways?

Rohan Gupta
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 15, 2015, 9:48:35 AM via Website

In such kind of situation connect those devices with your PC by using USB cable and make sure that the USB debugging mode is enabled on your device after that open ADB command prompt and type the following Commands:-
• Adbshell
• cd/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases
• sqlite3 settings.db
• update system set value=0 where name=’lock_pattern_autolock’;
• update system set value=0 where name=’lockscreen.lockedout permanently’;
• .quit
More information visit: www.what-is.in/howto/reset-android-pattern-after-too-many-wrong-attempts.html

— modified on Dec 15, 2015, 9:51:57 AM

Nupur

Abhinav
  • Forum posts: 76

Dec 15, 2015, 10:28:40 AM via App

do hard reset from recovery

Nupur

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Dec 15, 2015, 2:08:30 PM via Website

Typically when a mobile device is locked, it wants the original e-mail account name and password it was setup with. If you can log into your account, you can unlock your phone

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 263

Dec 15, 2015, 5:55:02 PM via Website

Yeah, performing a Hard Reset will resolve your issue. Just hold the volume up and power button and then follow the instructions appear on the screen.

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page LEO Privacy Guard

klose maggette
  • Forum posts: 12

Mar 4, 2019, 8:45:13 AM via Website

Factory reset would delete all data on the Samsung Galaxy S2, here is a video about that with no data loss.

youtu.be/6mHjnPoel4c

alanrogger007
  • Forum posts: 11

Mar 4, 2019, 10:39:29 AM via Website

This is really a helpful information