Samsung Galaxy S4 — Problem Wi-Fi Hotspot connection for GS4 GT I9500

• Replies:3
Sok Savuth
  • Forum posts: 10

Jul 13, 2013, 5:17:41 AM via Website

Hi! All,

After reading some of your sharing messages, I found that the information you provided are extremely useful, but I did not find what I need to know. I have just bought one Samsung Galaxy S4 model GT-I9500, after setting some applications and I have tried many times with the connection for Wi-Fi Hotspot. I want to connect the Wi-Fi hotspot with my Laptop just in case if I am out of the coverage area of Internet availability.

If any one have the same problem and it's resolved successfully, please kindly share with me on how to connect it. What I suspected my laptop does not have a Wi-Fi driver, but it's impossible, I could connect Wi-Fi Hotspot with GS2 GT-I9000 before I bought GS4.

Thanks in advance for your sharing the technique to connect Wi-Fi hotspot using GS4.

Regards,

Sam Kay
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 1, 2013, 11:19:29 PM via Website

Hi,

I have similar issue where I can connect to Wi-Fi Hopspot on my Samsung Galaxy 8.9 Tab with my Samsung Galaxy S2 but can't connect to the same Hotspot with my Samsung Galaxy S4 the connection keeps dropping, if anyone has managed to connect kindly share the steps in resolving this issue, thanks

Sok Savuth
Hi! All,

After reading some of your sharing messages, I found that the information you provided are extremely useful, but I did not find what I need to know. I have just bought one Samsung Galaxy S4 model GT-I9500, after setting some applications and I have tried many times with the connection for Wi-Fi Hotspot. I want to connect the Wi-Fi hotspot with my Laptop just in case if I am out of the coverage area of Internet availability.

If any one have the same problem and it's resolved successfully, please kindly share with me on how to connect it. What I suspected my laptop does not have a Wi-Fi driver, but it's impossible, I could connect Wi-Fi Hotspot with GS2 GT-I9000 before I bought GS4.

Thanks in advance for your sharing the technique to connect Wi-Fi hotspot using GS4.

Regards,

pete pickett
  • Forum posts: 4

Oct 4, 2013, 4:01:30 PM via Website

Unless you are paying your provider to be a hotspot, it will not work. There is an app called PDANET that you can purchase and install on your phone that will activate the service without paying your provider for it. And you don't have to root it either. there is a free version you can try before you buy.
search it out.. good luck.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Oct 7, 2013, 5:10:17 PM via Website

Try Pete's solution first (to avoid root if you don't want to), and if that doesn't work (and you don't want to pay for the hotspot service) then you can install a custom ROM, like CyanogenMod which will give you tethering capability. Tethering is apparently coming to Android soon, but not in 4.3 so we're still waiting.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting