AndroidPIT Member Suggestions

• Replies:34
  • Stickied
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Jul 8, 2013, 1:19:37 PM via Website

Hey Guys!

We appreciate member feedback and suggestions and therefore have created an awesome thread for you guys to share it! If you would like certain new content/topics being covered on the website, let us know! If you dislike something, share it! If you want more of something we are doing, don't be a stranger, express your opinion.

For example:
Member Bob Saget says: hey! I want more information on rooting!

Member Tina Turner says: Yo! I love the how-to's that you've got going!

Member Optimus Prime says: I want more suggestions on how to choose a mobile provider!

It's simple. Share your opinions and what you want to see! :grin:

— modified on Aug 2, 2013, 11:23:28 AM by moderator

leonlu kas
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 18, 2013, 9:36:21 AM via Website

My computer skills are just a little pit above average and I'm open to learn new things and I can teach myself plus I have some apps ideas however I have no idea where to start or what skills and basic knowledge I need to be a developer..

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jul 19, 2013, 2:20:37 PM via Website

Hi Leonlu Kas, I would suggest for starters, a bit of reading! Here's two well regarded books for Android developer beginners:

-Android Application Development All-in-one for Dummies
-The Game Maker's Apprentice: Game Development for Beginners

And we run occasional articles for Android beginners, interviews with developers who share their experiences, and of course we also have the Developer's Forum for when you start to get into the tricky side of things. If you can tell us what kind of information you think would be useful we can look into writing articles about it or starting a new section in the forums!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Elizabeth Richardson

dulala
  • Forum posts: 12

Aug 2, 2013, 11:08:14 AM via Website

I am just a new here,and i sincerely hope that i can learn more details and knowledge about android phones and relevant information,at the same time ,i will share my limited knowledge with anyone here!

Northernbaygirl
  • Forum posts: 52

Aug 23, 2013, 5:28:07 AM via App

would love to see some 'hands on with' video reviews/side by side comparisons, some 'tips and tricks' posts and/or videos (manufacturer/device specific and Android in general)

Ruud Verdouw
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 29, 2014, 8:14:12 PM via Website

Hi,

I would like to see that you make a clear distinction between phones and tablets in your
Android Pit stories and articles. I own a samsung galaxy note 10.1 tablet.
E.g. you write a lot about Kitkat and 4.3 and 4.2, well most of the time I have to read the full article and then at the end I notice that its only for a phone. So I read the article for no reason, cost me a lot of time and energy.
Thanks for reply,

Ruud

Mary Mod
  • Forum posts: 432

Jan 30, 2014, 10:42:50 AM via Website

Hi Ruud,

Thanks for your suggestion. When the article is about KitKat, 4.3 or 4.2 this does include tablets as well (unless it is for a specific device which is mentioned in the title). Perhaps you could send me some example links of any articles that were not clear?

Thanks,
Mary

— modified on Jan 30, 2014, 10:50:47 AM

Ruud Verdouw
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 30, 2014, 12:17:43 PM via Website

Hi Mary,

Thanks for answer.
Well in the articles AndroidPit dont write the word Tablet, only e.g. Galaxy S3 or S4 or Galaxy Note3. So I have to know that those are not tablets.
I'm Dutch and not so familiar with the brands and the English language.
Example: https://www.nextpit.com/android-4-4-2-kitkat-firmware-at-t-galaxy-note-3
Another question, will there ever be un update for the Galaxy note 10.1 (not 2014), my version is 4.1.2 or are they only available for phones? Thanks again for reply,

Ruud Verdouw

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Jan 30, 2014, 3:07:51 PM via Website

Hey Ruud!

Thanks for your comments, we love reader feedback. We'll try and write more about the tablets in the future. :grin:

As for the Note 10.1 2012 Edition, many user have been asking the same thing. There is no official news about this as of yet, however last year the tablet got updated to Android 4.1.2 in February, so perhaps they will do the same thing this year. Otherwise you will just have to wait and see.

Have a nice day!

Loie

AJ STA ANA
  • Forum posts: 54

Feb 1, 2014, 3:06:02 PM via App

Hi,
It would be nice if there was a section about android gaming (and news about upcoming games)
:-)

antonio-rodrigues
  • Forum posts: 8

Feb 18, 2014, 5:03:18 PM via Website

Hi folks!

Can i suggest a App review?

*admin edit: please do not promote your app in this section*

Cheers.
AR

— modified on Feb 18, 2014, 5:11:09 PM by moderator

antonio-rodrigues
  • Forum posts: 8

Feb 18, 2014, 5:54:08 PM via Website

Sorry for the infraction, but... its not my app ;-)
Still, i will request a review at the link provided. Thank you both.

David Carr
  • Forum posts: 4

Mar 14, 2014, 11:02:49 AM via App

Why do I need to see apps in App Center that are not applicable to my tablet because of the version of Android, or ones that are not yet available?

Can we have a setting to show ONLY apps that are applicable and available?

Kate Jen
  • Forum posts: 11

Apr 8, 2014, 11:14:47 AM via Website

maybe make the forum faster, it seems pretty slow sometimes.
What do the others say?

Bronsoner
  • Forum posts: 9

Apr 23, 2014, 11:39:52 PM via Website

Hi,

Why so many posts are needed to be able to start your own? I understand spam, but why 10? It's quite a lot.

Mary Mod

Apr 24, 2014, 10:57:40 AM via Website

Bronsoner

Hi,

Why so many posts are needed to be able to start your own? I understand spam, but why 10? It's quite a lot.

Hi Bronsoner,

You can start a new post right from the beginning, but can only post links (to your app) after your 10th post. For more info about posting your app, please review the forum posts rules at: https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/forum/thread/560443/Welcome-Let-me-show-you-my-app-Rules-and-Guidelines.

Mary Mod

Apr 24, 2014, 11:00:09 AM via Website

Bronsoner

Hi,

Hi Bronsoner,

You can make your own posts right when you join the forum. But you need 10 posts to be able to post a link to your app, any other links are forbidden in this forum. For mor info about posting about your app, please review the forum posts rules for your app, or our general forum rules.

— modified on Apr 24, 2014, 11:03:28 AM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Jun 4, 2014, 4:55:38 AM via Website

1. Need to add font colour
  2. Need to improve forum style
  3. show user likes, and post count on every post

Ready To Help You.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jun 4, 2014, 11:27:11 AM via Website

Thanks for the suggestions.

Do you not like the style of the new forum (the one we just launched a few weeks ago)?

Also, I like your mockup, but you can get the same info by rolling over the member profile picture. You can see their device, posts, ''thumbs'' activity and so on. I'm not sure about where to find a thanks meter though - I'll have to ask the developer about that one!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Deactivated Account

Tony Osime
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 16, 2015, 12:47:51 AM via App

An article on when to buy a new battery.

I just bought a new battery for my Samsung phone and saw a major boost in battery life. I should have done this months before. An article on when to buy a new battery would have been helpful.

I also noticed that the new battery solved a problem of low sensitivity in the "p" area of my screen keyboard.

Hikarazu
  • Forum posts: 15

Dec 26, 2015, 7:21:58 PM via Website

This forum has a good community and works well on mobile.

Nielpatel
  • Forum posts: 52

Mar 31, 2016, 9:10:26 AM via Website

Thanks

Crystal1228

Oct 18, 2017, 10:45:21 AM via Website

There is a bug - when I click "reply", the text box becomes all white, no "tools" on the top of the text box.

Sorry I don't know wether I have expressed it right or not.

— modified on Oct 18, 2017, 10:46:02 AM

Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Oct 18, 2017, 3:55:41 PM via Website

Hi Crystal,

are you talking about the forum or the magazine comments section?

And have you tried to delete the cache of the browser?

Crystal1228

Oct 24, 2017, 5:30:32 AM via Website

The top part disappear in 1 second after I click the "reply" button.

Crystal1228

Oct 24, 2017, 5:32:02 AM via Website

the text box becomes all white

Crystal1228

Oct 24, 2017, 10:13:08 AM via Website

Oh, just in FIREFOX~

Crystal1228

Oct 25, 2017, 11:30:10 AM via Website

I tried, useless.....

Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Oct 25, 2017, 2:12:15 PM via Website

Have you tried using a different browser?

I have to admit that I have never heard of that issue before and no one here in the office can actually reproduce it :(

Crystal1228

Oct 27, 2017, 11:20:13 AM via Website

In the Google Chrome is ok, it just occurs in the Firefox ...

HeatherVaV
  • Forum posts: 9

Aug 6, 2020, 4:54:26 PM via Website

Very useful, thanks

DEV IT
  • Forum posts: 79

Aug 27, 2021, 12:34:56 PM via Website

Hi Loie Favre.

We love to discuss technology like app development, cloud, and IT infrastructure development, I see there is a lot more thread in the forum is about pasting for backlink generation.
let's start with some knowledge sharing about the latest trends in technology like the cloud.

few of blogs you can read which I have recently published in my website blog devitpl blog

let me know your thoughts here and need more updates.