htc chacha abnormal reset

• Replies:4
sammy
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 25, 2013, 11:07:13 PM via Website

hello guys, just got a new htc chacha and 2weeks after purchse i got my first abnormal reset, is so painfully to see this coming from htc i love the phone can any one help plzzzz

Mary Mod
  • Forum posts: 432

Jun 26, 2013, 4:55:28 PM via Website

Hi Sammy,

Welcome to the forum :D

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having. I think if I were you I would take the thing back. Nothing annoys me more than buying something new and having issues with it in just a few weeks.

I have read that a "factory reset" might help (but please do this at your own descrition). Also, do the logs show kernel panic before every random restart?

— modified on Jun 26, 2013, 5:00:24 PM

sammy

Jun 27, 2013, 8:43:28 AM via Website

thank u so much for your response, i truely appreciate. my htc chacha just resets abnormally with a notification message which says your phone has just recovered from an abnormal reset would u like to tell htc? there is no such message as kernel panic. i only downloaded whatsapp on it, i also returned the phone for a swap but the dealer said there is no warranty from htc and there is nothing he can do. i am so sad. feel like suicide

Mary Mod
  • Forum posts: 432

Jun 28, 2013, 10:37:05 AM via Website

Hi Sammy,

Is your phone rooted? If so try to do a root search on the system partion, look for HTC log or something similar. Also on the crash or abnormal restart screen there whole be a error code usually containing a type of exception error ex. java.lang.exception (as an example). Let me know :blink:

sammy

Jul 1, 2013, 1:31:44 AM via Website

hellooo thanks again for your concern, here is the latest development, out of disappointment from my htc i got a new phone a black berry 9900 and a new sim card, i put the other sim which waz on the htc in the 9900 and the same problem occurred an abnormal reboot, but when i put the new sim in the Htc chacha the problem stoped and for three days now it has being working perfectly with no abnormal reset again, i came to a conclusion dat the problem was from my sim card and not the phone, however i contacted the services providers notifiying them of the situation they could not even explain why the sim reboots the two new phones abnormally. so i requested for a new sim with the same number which i put on the 9900 the same problem still occurs but i havent tried the sim on my htc. so i wonder what the problem is with my sim cause even the service providers cant explain its a 128k sim could there be any specific problem? am now battling to save my blckberry 9900 from an abnormal reset. aleast i know i can change the sim but my number is important for contact