Samsung Galaxy S4 Active — Is the S4 Active better than the S4?

• Replies:8
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Jun 21, 2013, 2:53:20 PM via Website

I really think that the S4 active is better than the S4. Who wants to pay for something so expensive like the S4 and have it so breakable. I'm really happy that Samsung came out with a rugged version of their flagship and it beats the latter out in every single way: design, display, camera, hardware....and the list goes on.

What do you think?

Chris R.
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 23, 2013, 4:42:45 PM via Website

Great article. I really like the comparison shot between the two screens. What a difference. Will I like the S4, I would definitely go for the S4 Active just for the screen alone. The IP67 rating is just the icing on the cake.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jun 25, 2013, 6:07:18 PM via Website

S4 Active all the way. I know everyone wants everything lighter and tinier (even though smartphones keep getting bigger) but I'm a bit traditional and still put good build quality over most other factors. 8MP is MORE than enough for massive photos (if I was ever to print another one in my life) and if 25% heavier means I can drop it, swim with it, play with it in the dirt and so forth, then I'm more than happy to tighten my belt a notch to stop my pants falling down. I just think how much better my Olympus Tough camera is compared to every other pocket camera I've ever had and the decision is simple.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Jeremy Kelly
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 16, 2013, 5:53:37 PM via Website

I like my Active so far. Only thing that I really want is the dual photo option from the standard S4. I have rooted, just cant find any way to get that option.

Jone Marshal
  • Forum posts: 9

Aug 30, 2013, 1:05:17 PM via Website

If you are always worried about breaking phone when taking a call in the rain. Than S4 Active is the phone made for you, as it comes with fully waterproof body. Its the better choice than S4..

TJay
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 22, 2014, 12:03:58 AM via App

received my active by accident was ordering the other version. . At first glance I was like man wrong one its a bit heavy I'm coming from the galaxy family vibrant galaxy 4G 2 and three... nite the active. .. Then I thought I'm getting this third version now replacing the Fon I dropped hey this Fon has rubber bumpers this fon is perfect for my habits.. In short the s4 active has grown on me and I am very pleased with this Fon and actually the extra weight is a benefit. ..message ...love the way the Fon feels in my hand.

David A. Lefebvre
  • Forum posts: 3

Sep 1, 2014, 2:40:37 AM via Website

Jeremy, how did you root and have you installed any SlimKat ROM's.

I rooted my S2 and was very happy with SlimROM but I've yet to find any way to root this S4 Active from AT&T, SGH-i537. All the articles I find refer to the 1905 I think is the model.

Samsung Galaxy S4 e Ace
  • Forum posts: 66

Aug 25, 2017, 7:17:25 PM via App

Jone Marshal

If you are always worried about breaking phone when taking a call in the rain. Than S4 Active is the phone made for you, as it comes with fully waterproof body. Its the better choice than S4..

I had my S4.