Help: "SD card is being used as a mass storage device"

• Replies:3
Andrew Chen
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 23, 2013, 8:52:01 PM via Website

I need help with my Samsung Galaxy S2 i1900 guys. I cannot access my gallery and anything associated with it (camera, some apps and etc.). When I attempt to open gallery (and others) I receive a pop up that says "SD card is being used as a mass storage device" I didn't drop it or mess with the settings. This problem just came out of nowhere.

More details:
- Occasionally I'll get a notification on the scroll down menu that says "USB storage damaged. It may need reformatting."
- When I connect it to my computer with the USB, the drive doesn't show up on "My Computer" (it usually does). IT DOES HOWEVER show up on my "Devices and Printers" on the "Control Panel" as a connected device.

I already did some researching on Google and found no solution that works. Anyone had this problem before and fixed it? Anyone have any idea how to fix it? I'll reformat or Factory reset if I need to, but I want to see if there are any alternative solutions since I don't want to lose my files. Thanks in advance.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Mar 23, 2013, 9:57:58 PM via App

try using an sd card adapter. if your pc can access the files save them then format the sd card. if it can't read them then use a partition manager on your pc to check for any corruption on the sd card and repair it.

Sinkster

Michael Brown
  • Forum posts: 20

Apr 10, 2013, 8:41:02 AM via Website

Yes, try to backup your files from SD card then format it again.

TeleTubby
  • Forum posts: 1

May 26, 2013, 8:28:50 PM via Website

It is not the external SD card but the internal. I am having the same issue. Never had this problem prior to Jelly Bean. Hopefully someone else has found the solution. I am still searching and hope I don't have to format the internal storage to recover.