Sony Xperia Z — Stream Video and Audio from Xperia Z to PC

• Replies:9
Dynalon
  • Forum posts: 12

Mar 7, 2013, 11:48:02 AM via Website

Hello everybody,

as most of You already know, the new Xperia Z (similar as a lot of other high end phones, too) support to "stream" movies, games and so on to Your TV.

But I guess, I am not the only person who has still a TV which is too old to support this. Anyway, there is a PC connected to myTV. Now I got the idea: If this is possible to stream pictures, Movies and so on to modern TVs, it also should be possible to stream to any PC - and so also to watch whatever You do on monitor, Beamer or whatever You want.

Well, but now the problem: I have no idea how to connect. Of course my PC and Xperia are in WLAN connected to the same router. But I fear I need either some configuration for the PC or even an App which is installed on PC (and perhaps on Xperia, too) to get this running. Does anybody know how to do this?

Thank You for any help You can give!

Dynalon

Mar 26, 2013, 2:15:00 PM via Website

Does really nobody have any ideas?

I would be glad to get any suggestions...

Andrew Buring
  • Forum posts: 37

Apr 1, 2013, 5:50:34 AM via Website

Have tried the USB cable or the HDMI cable to connect your Xperia Z to your PC?

Dynalon

Apr 3, 2013, 1:16:56 PM via Website

Andrew Buring
Have tried the USB cable or the HDMI cable to connect your Xperia Z to your PC?

Hello,

thank You for Your answer. Of couse, it is working if I plug in the Xperia as a USB Stick to the PC. I also ordered an HDMI adapter for the phone, which will arrive the next days, to send the signal to presenting devices like Video projector.

But for my living room I actually would like to do this by using Wifi.

My Idea is, to sit on my sofa (which is 3m away from my living room PC) and to "throw" the picture on my TV. (My TV is still a really old one, which is not supporting any wifi, but its connected to this PC as a monitor. Even this PC has no HDMI or DVI Input. I would need an additional converter to transform the signal from HDMI to S-Video, if I want to use it without PC). I would like to use the phone to show pictures (and control this via phone), to watch Movies, which I store on the phone on the TV/PC and I also would like to play games on my Xperia by watching them on the big TV/PC.

Nick Leti
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 18, 2013, 7:36:41 PM via Website

Hi, I've found a solution of your problem. The answer is late, but I think it might be useful for people lurking in the web with the same question.
For Windows 7 you have to launch Windows Media Player. There's a button in the district of the top left corner of its window called "Streaming". Allow remote access from falling menu. Then launch Walkmann app on your phone, push "..." button, choose "Throw". There will be your PC in devices list.
I also managed to stream via VLC to my linux os and mac laptop.
Sorry for my English. Anyway, hope it helps.

— modified on Nov 18, 2013, 7:37:49 PM

Dynalon

Oct 25, 2014, 8:25:27 PM via Website

My answer is late, too.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help!

vinay kumar

Oct 29, 2014, 9:19:25 PM via Website

I am using sony xperia z phone and am having an hp pavilion 15-no12tx laptop,it runs on windows 8,i couldnt connect it with throw,whenever i use throw,my laptops name is notbeing shown on the throw devices though i even on the bluetooth and wifi of my laptop, plz give me a solution

Android Geek
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 5, 2015, 6:09:13 AM via Website

• occurs for certain devices, but not all devices. for instance, HTC One X and many other Android devices has this bug.
    -its an Android OS + cellular networking problem.
  • Android is playing back audio and video in realtime from iOS client but iOS client is playing back audio 10+seconds late from Android client. Only when Android is using cellular, never on WiFi.

fletcher131
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 6, 2021, 8:16:22 AM via Website

Which laptops are best for live streaming?

fletcher125

Feb 7, 2021, 3:35:32 PM via Website

In general, you would need a powerful CPU and a decent Webcam if you plan to stream yourself. All MacBooks proved themselves to be a very good machine to have video conferencing. If not Macbook then check how webcam performs in Youtube review for the specific laptop.

In case you plan to use OBS without a webcam (Open Broadcaster Software), then only CPU matters. Be sure laptop has Core i7 CPU or Ryzen from AMD with a lot of cores.

Also please pay attention to how to setup OBS software, it can drastically change CPU consumption.