Samsung Galaxy S3 — New language (German)

• Replies:3
max Klinkhammer
  • Forum posts: 7

Oct 24, 2012, 1:00:48 AM via App

Hey ,
I'm from Germany but bought a Samsung galaxy s3 in America... The problem is that there is no German installed! I have no problem with a phone in English but the keyboard would always correct my textmessages to English when I'm back in Germany and want to text my friends... I downloaded some new keyboards with German language, but they are very bad.... is there an other possibility to get the normal Samsung keyboard in German (or the complete phone)?

Christian Weiß
  • Forum posts: 271

Dec 16, 2012, 9:46:42 PM via App

I know you asked this question about two months ago, but better late than never.
You could try the following options:
Go to Settings/Language and Input. Then choose the settings icon beside Samsung keyboard. Choose Input language and search for German in the list.
If it's not listed, click the back button and disable predictive text so your phone won't correct your texts any more.
The most easily method would be to change the device's language, but you said German is not listed so it unfortunately won't work.
Apart from that I could recommend you MultiLing Keyboard if the options above won't work for you. I'm using the Greek keyboard because I learn Greek at school. But I like the Samsung keyboard at all so it would be nice if you can use the German keyboard.

Chris

Gavash
  • Forum posts: 3

Dec 7, 2015, 8:13:16 PM via Website

Hi
Try this Toturial
www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2k-bbyclOE

Alias Marne
  • Forum posts: 98

Aug 12, 2019, 2:12:58 PM via Website

Thanks for your helpful link. Will try for it.