Samsung Galaxy S3 — Cannot disable application update notifications

• Replies:0
WoJ
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 12, 2012, 2:09:25 PM via Website

Hello,

I am trying to disable the applications update notifications (the ones I get in the top left corner and when I slide the hidden panel down -- sorry for the noob vocabulary but I am new to Android phones (switched from the dark side :)).
I saw in Play Store -> Parameters (I have the French version, hopefully the translation matches the English one) that I can disable them (first option "Notifications"). It is not very clear from the description of this parameter whether it enables just notifications about the existance of an update, or the notification about the update being done - but it does not matter, I unchecked it anyway.
The next box is enabled (Automatic updates of applications).

Except if there is another place where I could disable these notifications it looks like the parameter does not work -- I get the notifications about apps being updated (during and after the update) no matter if it is checked or not. The logo looks like the PlayStore "bag" with a check mark on it.

I know that I can completely disable all kind of notifications (via the scrolling upper menu) but all others are potentially interesting. I would just like to disable the oneas about application updates.

Thank you in advance for any hint!