How to password protect my Android?

• Replies:9
CarmenGates
  • Forum posts: 8

Jun 15, 2012, 12:03:24 PM via Website

Hi all,

I have a htc desire running android froya 2.2. My mate has the iphone 4g, when he unlocks his iphone he can type in a password to unlock his phone. What app. can i download/buy to get this on my android htc desire?

Thanks a lot,
Carmen

msevensoftware.com

alice macaulay
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 11, 2012, 12:40:38 AM via Website

I have been hacked twice in last two mths I'm on a android tablet only use play store apps so what the bloodly hell is goin on here this is crap

DaBartonator
  • Forum posts: 21

Oct 11, 2012, 4:16:24 AM via App

To lock problem: Android has the screen lock build in, it should be in the setting under location and security I belive then down to screen lock and then pattern pin or password
To virus problem: look for a antivirus called zoner I personally love it and its free, as to why there are bad apps on Google play; it has to due with the combination that
1.not all code(malware in this case) is alike so the possibilities for ways to exploited are huge
2. There hasn't been a system build that is completly secure.
3. The sheer volume of new apps. if all these apps were to be tested there would alot of people testing them or a program that may or may not find the program.

Anna F.Steven Blum

paulkkarns
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 18, 2012, 6:59:03 AM via Website

Hi,

I am newbie here, Please i also hacked first time in this week from my tab please suggest something useful.

Anna F.
  • Forum posts: 7

Oct 18, 2012, 2:06:54 PM via Website

Hello Carmen,
if you want to password protect your Android phone you just have to go to
Settings>Security and choose "Password" :)

I'm not 100% sure you can do that on a Froyo phone though. Chances are you can, so just try.

PS: There are no apps for the iPhone that can mess with it's functions, especially the ones that have to do with security (like the lock screen). Apple doesn't allow that type of customization (they don't allow any type of customization to be fair). If you want a custom lock screen you can try apps like "Go Locker".

— modified on Oct 19, 2012, 2:22:47 PM

Patrick R.
  • Forum posts: 66

Oct 19, 2012, 4:24:19 AM via App

Apps cannot access your passwords and such regardless of the permissions (i think). Those whose emails were hacked wete probable done with a password bot on your web based email. Choose longer and more complicated passwords.

Patrick R.
  • Forum posts: 66

Oct 19, 2012, 4:25:42 AM via App

Although custom keyboards may have a key logger function that can capture password and credit card data and transmit it to its dev. Careful with those.

Patricia Hall
  • Forum posts: 41

Oct 25, 2012, 1:19:41 PM via Website

Thanks for sharing informatics information regarding password protect for Android; you are great going and keep it up.

anne benson
  • Forum posts: 9

Nov 8, 2012, 1:36:49 PM via Website

Make your password stronger with the combination of numerals, alphabets and other special characters for security reasons.

ellen gee
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 14, 2012, 3:24:05 AM via Website

Few things are more important these days than security. If your phone is lost or stolen, you want to keep your information out of someone else's hands. And one of the easiest ways to do that is with basic password protection on your phone.