Samsung Galaxy S2 — Sim Card problem.

• Replies:17
Phuong Ho
  • Forum posts: 12

Apr 9, 2012, 9:01:23 AM via Website

I bought my phone (i9100) for like 5 months and suddenly it comes up with "Sim Card Remove. Reboot phone"... I can't make phone call, all internet was cut off.

I tried many times (putting the card in another phone and it works). It works for like 1 hours and "Sim Card Remove. Reboot phone" happens.

I need help, please.

My phone was bought from Germany (I can't return it actually) and I am living in US. My carrier is AT&T. My phone is not rooted yet.

Thanks for your concerns if having any.

Andreas V.
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 7,352

Apr 9, 2012, 9:31:19 AM via Website

Hi Puhong,

this sounds like a contact problem within your phone. Have you checked if the contacts are clean?

Phuong Ho

Apr 9, 2012, 9:34:18 AM via Website

Käpt'n Andreas V.
Hi Puhong,

this sounds like a contact problem within your phone. Have you checked if the contacts are clean?

What do you mean "contacts are clean"?

Christopher Silva
  • Forum posts: 189

Apr 9, 2012, 10:09:11 AM via Website

I think he means the copper contacts on the card itself. I would recommend going to your provider and having a new card made. Most providers offer this service at their larger locations. I had a similar issuse with my Droid and Vodafone tested then replaced the card for free right at the shop. Total time 30 mins.
Option 2- test the card in a different phone to see if is the card or the phone. Maybe a friends phone. If it wirks in the other phone and not the Samsung you may need to worry.

Option 3 - the phone system in the US is different that the one in Germany. . In Germany they call it GSRM and in the US it is CMDA.. This could be a problem though I am not sure.

— modified on Apr 9, 2012, 10:09:34 AM

Phuong Ho

Apr 9, 2012, 10:24:33 AM via Website

Christopher Silva
I think he means the copper contacts on the card itself. I would recommend going to your provider and having a new card made. Most providers offer this service at their larger locations. I had a similar issuse with my Droid and Vodafone tested then replaced the card for free right at the shop. Total time 30 mins.
Option 2- test the card in a different phone to see if is the card or the phone. Maybe a friends phone. If it wirks in the other phone and not the Samsung you may need to worry.

Option 3 - the phone system in the US is different that the one in Germany. . In Germany they call it GSRM and in the US it is CMDA.. This could be a problem though I am not sure.

I tried option 2 already, it does work on my sis'... that's why I feel so worried and post it here.

Christopher Silva

Apr 9, 2012, 3:13:36 PM via Website

Which provider is your SIM from? Telekom, Vodafone, Orange ??

Phuong Ho

Apr 9, 2012, 6:57:27 PM via Website

Christopher Silva
Which provider is your SIM from? Telekom, Vodafone, Orange ??

My sim is from U.S AT&T! But my phone was bought online fom Germany (International version, sealed) and i think it blongs to Vodaphone.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 10, 2012, 5:45:18 PM via Website

Really really odd. Are you running stock android or a rooted device?

Phuong Ho

Apr 10, 2012, 7:50:53 PM via Website

Eric McBride
Really really odd. Are you running stock android or a rooted device?

Its not rooted yet...

Ricardo
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 11, 2012, 12:20:41 AM via Website

Same problem here... ALso got a new sim card... same problem...
Its the phone and not the card... we tested it with 3 phones... all cards in Samsung Galaxy S2 error...
Mine card in the other phones works perfect...
Today about 5 Hours no phone contact... in between 10 a 15 minuts working then Sim card Removed Error... Frustrating.....

Phuong Ho

Apr 11, 2012, 12:40:35 AM via Website

Ricardo
Same problem here... ALso got a new sim card... same problem...
Its the phone and not the card... we tested it with 3 phones... all cards in Samsung Galaxy S2 error...
Mine card in the other phones works perfect...
Today about 5 Hours no phone contact... in between 10 a 15 minuts working then Sim card Removed Error... Frustrating.....

It started last saturday right? I think this is a common problem among SGS2 community.... i already use the "reset system" option bu.t its still the same. :(

Christopher Silva

Apr 11, 2012, 12:41:09 PM via Website

Wow, this is freaky ! I have the GS2 and have never had this issue.. I am using Vodafone. Have you gone to an ATnT office and have them take a look. I would recommend that. See if they can get it working. You should still have the Samsung int. service. I would hit a Samsung dealer and ask for a review.

Good luck

Eric McBride

Apr 12, 2012, 4:42:01 PM via Website

Hmm...I wonder if its possible to "brick" a sim card??? Ever heard of this happening Chris?

— modified on Apr 12, 2012, 4:42:18 PM

Phuong Ho

Apr 13, 2012, 11:24:46 PM via Website

The problem solved! I brought the phone to AT&T store to get a new one. They made it pretty hard on me 'cause the sim originally went together with iPhone 4s. (I switched to GS2 after that and gave the phone to my sis) They said that they recently realized that my phone is not the phone I got the contract with so they cut it off, I need to change the data plan, blah blah,... Finally I got the new sim card and its been 4 days that everything gone good. :)

Eric McBride

Apr 17, 2012, 4:15:49 PM via Website

Phuong Ho
The problem solved! I brought the phone to AT&T store to get a new one. They made it pretty hard on me 'cause the sim originally went together with iPhone 4s. (I switched to GS2 after that and gave the phone to my sis) They said that they recently realized that my phone is not the phone I got the contract with so they cut it off, I need to change the data plan, blah blah,... Finally I got the new sim card and its been 4 days that everything gone good. :)

Great! Glad to hear you got it sorted out :-D

Natasha1989

Dec 17, 2012, 8:51:18 PM via Website

Hi, i know this is an old post but i may have a quick fix for your phone error. I had the same problem and upon inspection noticed that the sim card was able to move freely whilst in the phone.

I stuck it in with...blue tack..lol and i no longer have the issue! If you still have the problem, give it a try

Phil Hurren

Feb 15, 2013, 3:45:48 PM via Website

My Note II has been having "SIM card removed" continuously every day, multiple times in last month or so
Randomly occurs. Sometimes when using phone. Sometimes when phone is just sitting on desk (not being touched)
Sometimes multiple reboots and a shake of phone may fix it. However getting worse and worse since last multi window firmware update

Now it is not detecting SIM card at all . Multiple restarts . Its a piece of junk !
Tweets to @SamsungCanada and @RogersHelps to request advice and advertise the potential Note II hardware issue

Robert Mesick

May 31, 2013, 5:39:09 PM via Website

Samsung SGH I727 - ATT
Last update to 4.1.2 did the same thing to my phone. Random "No sim card found" alerts and have to reboot.
Sounds like an ATT problem. Most people probably just reboot and suffer.