Build-in Camera Samsung Galaxy S II

• Replies:11
Sok Savuth
  • Forum posts: 10

Apr 9, 2012, 5:23:12 AM via Website

Dear Friends,
I am using Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I91000, I have a problem with my build-in Camera since I bought this device. I don't know whether I set wrong resolution or megapixel of camera. The shutter took too long to capture the pictures. I found other devices using by a friend of mine, the shutter is faster then mine.

Anyone have an idea how to set the camera, please share with me and I appreciate to have your ideas.

Thanks

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Apr 10, 2012, 4:43:20 PM via Website

Since shutter speed is a hardware issue, I'm not sure an app would help. Do you mean that pictures end up looking really blurry and out-of-focus? If so, you MAY just have to hold the camera SUPER steady when taking the shot, which is really annoying, I know.

If you can, download Instagram and see if it improves the look of your pictures....I recommend it heartily.

Christopher Silva
  • Forum posts: 189

Apr 10, 2012, 4:53:39 PM via Website

Are you taking advantage of the touch to focus mode?

The S2 has some in-depth settings, make sure you go through them all and play with them to find out which is the best for you.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 10, 2012, 5:33:05 PM via Website

Also, try to download an alternative camera from the market just to see if the shutter problem is also present there.

Sok Savuth

Apr 10, 2012, 9:46:04 PM via Website

Dear Friends,

Thank you so much for sharing your idea and experience you used to face with the device. I appreciate your comment. Actually, the quality of the photos taken was fine. but the point is the shutter speed is too slow, this is what I would like to have your comment and idea on how to adjust it or is there any possibility to have another solution.

e.g. if I take a photo, after I click the button, it take few second to capture the photos. when I use another device belong to a friend of mine, it faster.

You comment and sharing experience is appreciated.
Thanks

Eric McBride

Apr 12, 2012, 5:19:59 PM via Website

Did you give another camera a app a try first to see if the problem exists there as well?

Sok Savuth

May 17, 2012, 5:15:01 AM via Website

Steven Blum
Since shutter speed is a hardware issue, I'm not sure an app would help. Do you mean that pictures end up looking really blurry and out-of-focus? If so, you MAY just have to hold the camera SUPER steady when taking the shot, which is really annoying, I know.

If you can, download Instagram and see if it improves the look of your pictures....I recommend it heartily.

Hi! Steven,

Thanks for your comment, now I have a solution. Recently, I have upgraded from Android 2.0.3 Gingerbread to 4.0.3 Ice Scream Sandwich. My camera now is faster than previous version. it capture a pics faster, but another problem come up with new version.

After upgrading, my camera produce a shutter sound once I take a pics, as you may be aware that in some countries does not allow to use a camera with a shutter sound, therefore, I don't really like it as I am a traveler.

Second issue is the camera app is still poor, it does not improved as in a new version of Android. The Camera does not have a date print once you take a pictures. All this need to be improved in future version beside ICS 4.0.3 right?

Anyway, if you have any solution to solve the above-mentioned, please share with me. THANKS

Eric McBride

May 25, 2012, 3:42:51 PM via Website

I have seen the option in custom ROMS (root required) to turn off the shutter sound, but am not sure which cameras do and don not have this function. And yes, the ICS camera is better than the Gingerbread one as far as I have heard.

Sok Savuth

May 25, 2012, 3:55:06 PM via Website

Eric McBride
I have seen the option in custom ROMS (root required) to turn off the shutter sound, but am not sure which cameras do and don not have this function. And yes, the ICS camera is better than the Gingerbread one as far as I have heard.

Hi! Eric,

Thanks for your comment, I am so delighted to hear from you and as well as other friends' comments. Since I have upgraded my SGS II ICS, I found only one is improved in camera app, that is the capture of a photo faster than the previous version (Gingerbread) and the rest is the same (nothing is improved).

Also it so strange, a friend of my is using SGS II ( from the USA "AT & T"), he also upgraded to ICS (4.0.3) and his camera app is work well, I mean there is a function to turn on/off the shutter sound, but mine is not. I hope the Samsung programmer(s) will upgrade this version in order to facilitate the consumers who leave in a restrict countries which is not allowed to take a photo with a shutter sound.

Any new upgrade for this particular Camera app, please kindly share with me. I will appreciate.

Cheers,

Eric McBride

Jun 6, 2012, 2:43:35 PM via Website

What I would suggest is download Camera Zoom FX from the market. In my opinion, its the best damn Android camera out there.

Sok Savuth

Jun 7, 2012, 12:17:10 AM via Website

Eric McBride
What I would suggest is download Camera Zoom FX from the market. In my opinion, its the best damn Android camera out there.

Hi! Eric,

Thanks so much for your sharing, I found it on Android market and I also download it. it's useful, but it's not a professional one as the one was installed in the device.

valescobar
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 2, 2012, 8:18:04 PM via Website

On T-Mobile if you tap "edit shortcuts" it will drop a screen down where you can drag the shutter sound option to the "tool bar". Then sound off or on.
There are other options there to. Unfortunately you have to drag each option to the top to be able to use. (that I know of its the only way to access the option's icon.