model number
GT-s5690L

android version

baseband
s5690LUBLA

kernel version

build number
GINGERBREAD.UBLA3

I've been tryin for weeks now on how can i get my xcover rooted...i already try xda developers but the patch file they have isnt workin on my phone...so i just wan to know if anyone in this forum have sumting different that i can use...plz help or send the rooting file...phone is very slow and need to be a lil faster...thatnx in advance

begal gerber
  • Forum posts: 8

Apr 3, 2012, 6:52:22 PM via Website

i try that already...it starts booting then it stops and this error pops up E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (status7)....i dont know wha it mean...i dont know if you wud be abale to tell me wha that mean plz..and how can i fix that error..thanx again in advance

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 4, 2012, 6:13:29 PM via Website

Hmm..sounds like the zip file isnt signed properly. What and which version of recovery are you using?

begal gerber

Apr 7, 2012, 8:31:36 PM via Website

Im using android recovery system< 3e>

— modified on Apr 7, 2012, 8:32:18 PM

begal gerber

May 8, 2012, 5:49:09 PM via Website

thanx buddy...it finally worked...i tink thats sumting new they put there cause i tried that before and it didnt work but i got it this time

begal gerber

May 9, 2012, 1:17:11 AM via Website

ok now that i finally got my xcover rooted....i cant get it over clock its tell me my kernel version is not compatible....does any1 here has a custom kernel version or any other kernel version that can overclock and work wit the xcover plz...and if you do van you tell me step by step how to install it cause i dont wanna brick my xcover...thanx again :)....help as soon as possible

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

May 9, 2012, 5:48:51 PM via Website

Have you tried doing a search on XDA?

begal gerber

May 10, 2012, 2:36:28 AM via Website

yes i've tried them...have any1 had any luck gettin a custom kernel for xcover

Viktor Sundelin
  • Forum posts: 3

May 10, 2012, 3:39:47 PM via Website

What do you want to overclock? Memory or Processor?
Why do you want to overclock?
My xCover is stable now. Have you problem with stability, on your?

begal gerber

May 16, 2012, 3:29:14 AM via Website

i want to overclock my ram..i wanna do both...i just want it faster than it really is...just want everyting to be speed up...you dont have a custom kernel huh? if you do or know where i can get one post the link plz..thanx

Viktor Sundelin
  • Forum posts: 3

May 17, 2012, 1:47:27 PM via Website

Hello! begal gerber

I'm sorry, I haven't got my hands on a custom kernel (custom room). But I'm searching for it every day.
Do you have problem with stability? I have myself downloaded an upgrade to the xCover through Kies.
And now I have no problem with instability. But I'm on the same page as you. The hardware have to be able to perform more than it does. I can't for example play flash based movies directly in the web browser (Opera), I have to get it to an internal movie player.

But I now a way for you to tweak the SD-card memory, and make the read/write time for the memory faster (The name of the program: SD Speed Increase). The program manages the size of the cache on the memory card [(SD-card) (The optimize cache is: 2048 kb)].

Would be great if you also post if you find a custom kernel/room to the Samsung Galaxy S5690 xCover. Let's help each other to find this. But I'm unsure that someone would/have develop this :(

Have a question for you; What do you think about the internal memory? It's only about: 160Mb, whats the deal with this?
(In a way you can move programs to the SD-cards memory but this isn't good enough according to me, it seams that all programs take space in the internal memory, even if you move it to SD)

I think it's very strange that Samsung did not put in more memory. Do you know something about the next version of xCover?

Think if Samsung would construct a phone with the same hardware/software as the S3 but with the robustness and stability on the chassi/frame as the Samsung xCover, this would be the dream phone :grin:

begal gerber

May 22, 2012, 8:23:01 PM via Website

hey viktor,
I do agree wit you 100%..if this phone had more internal memory and a faster processor...i dont tink no galaxy cud of top this...i really like the phone but i wish i cud speed it up a lil...but it is an excellent phone cause u can drop it and nuttin happens...but if i do happens to come across a custom kernel/rom will b sure to post it...and also if any1 comes in here and no where we can get a custom kernel/rom plz post it..thanx