MMS over wi-fi

• Replies:5
Garry Jarrett
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 29, 2012, 11:24:31 PM via Website

Since t-mobile's signal is very weak in our house, I have been looking for an app which would allow me to send and receive text messages with photo attachments over wi-fi when available. I'm looking for one which would not require the other party to have the app installed on their phone, and would deliver the attachment as an actual photo and not a link. Is there such an animal? Thanks.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 2, 2012, 6:00:06 PM via Website

Hmm..thats a hard one. For most of them, the other party also needs to have the app installed.

I ll look around and see what i can find.

Garry Jarrett
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 2, 2012, 7:31:39 PM via Website

Yes, I think you're right. I've tried quite a few of the apps and everyone seems to require both parties to have it installed. I had high hopes for Text Plus, even bought the gold edition, but unless the receiving party also has the app, the photo arrives as a link only. Most of my family/contacts are using employer provided phones so I don't want them to have to install something. Google Voice keeps promising support for mms, but now I read that my plan (T-Mobile pay as you go) doesn't fully support GV. Anyway, thanks for the reply. I'll also keep looking.

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Apr 3, 2012, 10:06:54 AM via Website

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing as Eric. What'sApp is great for sending photos over WiFi, but you'd need the other party to have it installed as well. Good luck!

D'Angelo Costello
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 9, 2012, 12:11:22 AM via Website

Download "Go SMS Pro" and make sure WIFI is off and use over 3G data only. You can now receive pics from anyone!

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 10, 2012, 5:56:08 PM via Website

He needs to be able to use on wifi though. Not sure if this would work for what hes looking for.