Parse error when trying to install App Center

• Replies:7
  • Answered
a k'wala
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 26, 2012, 11:29:46 PM via Website

Downloaded the App Center APK but can't install it due to "error parsing the package". Repeated download multiple times, same result with every download.

Install from unknown sources is enabled.

(Galaxy Nexus, Android 4)

— modified on Mar 26, 2012, 11:32:00 PM

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Mar 27, 2012, 10:44:04 AM via Website

Strange. I was able to download it just fine on my Galaxy Nexus. Try downloading it simply by opening up the AndroidPIT.com website and when it asks you if you want to install the App Center, click yes.

a k'wala

Mar 27, 2012, 9:40:08 PM via Website

Steven Blum
Strange. I was able to download it just fine on my Galaxy Nexus. Try downloading it simply by opening up the AndroidPIT.com website and when it asks you if you want to install the App Center, click yes.

That's how I've been doing it. Just tried again, same result.

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Mar 28, 2012, 12:10:16 PM via Website

I will forward this question to AndroidPIT tech support. Sorry for the long wait!

a k'wala

Apr 5, 2012, 3:49:23 AM via Website

Sent the following to Support; posting it here in case someone else runs into this problem.

The cause was most likely a bug in the Easy Downloader app --
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.et.easy.download

The apk download was apparently stopping before finishing, resulting in a partial file. After I uninstalled the app, the download/install succeeded on the first attempt.

I now have the App Center app and it runs fine.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 5,136

Apr 5, 2012, 7:52:26 AM via Website

Great that you found the reason for the missbehaviour of your mobile and thanks for shareing this! :)

lg Voss

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 5, 2012, 5:13:17 PM via Website

Glad to hear you got it working!

amoralis
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 8, 2012, 8:34:27 AM via Website

a k'wala
Sent the following to Support; posting it here in case someone else runs into this problem.

The cause was most likely a bug in the Easy Downloader app --
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.et.easy.download

The apk download was apparently stopping before finishing, resulting in a partial file. After I uninstalled the app, the download/install succeeded on the first attempt.

I now have the App Center app and it runs fine.

Hello

I have the same problem and I can tell it's not about the downloader.
It's not installed on my PDA and I copied files manually, after downloading them diretly as APKs.
Seem that some sore of packages are not compatible with my android version (don't know if such thing can exist).
Such apps, normally show as "Incompatible" at the Market or do not showup in the search at all (although via manual install, some do get installed and work fine).