FN and SHIFT keys oes not always work in files. Txt or. Doc with Office suite or Kingsoft Office Pro

• Replies:7
nathalie chabart
  • Forum posts: 3

Feb 27, 2012, 7:08:05 AM via Website

Hello,
With my HTC Cha cha, (android version 2.3.3) with either Office suite Pro or Kingsoft Office, the "FN" key to get the numbers or symbols located above the lower case and "SHIFT" key to get upper case does not always work in files. txt or. doc.

When it works (as opposed to typing text for a SMS, when you have to press FN and after the key for a number for example) I must hold FN and press simultaneously on the character to get a number. In addition to locking the FN / SHIFT by double pressing FN / SHIFT never works in a. Txt or. Doc, only for SMS.

Occasionally, I can get numbers / symbols or upper case with FN / SHIFT to a file. Txt or. Doc, then two lines later in the same file, it is impossible for me to get back . And on some files, it is impossible for me on the whole file.

As tihs problem occurs with several office suite that I could try, I put the HTC cha cha involved ....

Pb already met by one of you?

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 27, 2012, 1:33:20 PM via Website

Ive been hearing lots of similiar reports about this particlular phone having this problem. Have you thought of contacting HTC directly to ask why its happening, as unfortunatley I dont know anyone who has this device.

Tanna
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 13, 2012, 4:28:58 PM via Website

I have the same issue and it's driving me mad. Have you found the solution by now?

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 17, 2012, 4:17:53 PM via Website

Anyone with a Cha Cha around that knows how to solve this issue?

Tanna
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 17, 2012, 4:35:00 PM via Website

I've noticed that when I switch to something else (go to home, for example) and come back to the word processor, the shift and FN keys work for a while. It's the only way I've managed to force it to work. I've also noticed that when the shift and FN are enabled, the SYM key doesn't work, and vice-versa, which is weird.

Alexander Buckland
  • Forum posts: 8

Apr 17, 2012, 5:27:44 PM via Website

Eric McBride
Anyone with a Cha Cha around that knows how to solve this issue?

Factory reset the device, turn off the shortcuts in the settings.

Update fully.

This seems to fix it, but in my case only for a few weeks... :/

BrantCaseyxy
  • Forum posts: 4

Jun 7, 2012, 9:20:42 AM via Website

Have you thought of contacting HTC directly to ask why its happening, as unfortunatley I dont know anyone who has this device.

— modified on Feb 17, 2014, 10:58:58 AM by moderator

Ser Žile
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 15, 2014, 7:19:04 PM via Website

I had the same problem with free version of Quickoffice and with Quickoffice pro on Htc ChaCha. I couldn’type capital letters or numbers. Maybe it will sound strange, but I found the way to make it work. When you open the document, either new or saved, start typing anything, then put your phone to standby mode (by pressing power button, which locks the phone), without closing the document. After you unlock it again, everything will work normally. Hope this will help you.