Is there a way to download apps to your computer, then download them to an SD card that's in my phone? Phone is hooked to my pc via USB port...

• Replies:9
A Morlan
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 2, 2012, 5:41:39 AM via Website

I do not have service anymore with Sprint because I am currently hurt/off from work and have no source of income... So I have no internet access on my phone. (Any ideas how to get that? Can I use a Wi-Fi hotspot and hop onto the internet if I needed to?) But my main concern is that I am currently in school and I could really use some apps downloaded to my phone. I am trying to download some apps for Music/Music Theory. Is there any way to download them to my computer or directly to my SD card that's in my phone?? Or is this not possible at all? I have an HTC Evo Shift. Any ideas/options would be very helpful. I appreciate your time if you answer this thread! :) Thank you so much!
~Amber~

Andreas V.
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 7,352

Feb 2, 2012, 6:41:50 AM via Website

Hi Amber,

unfortunately there is now way to download apps to your PC, at least no legal. But you can logon to any WiFi Hotspot to do so.

Good luck in finding a new job.

Greets
Andy

Christopher Silva
  • Forum posts: 189

Feb 2, 2012, 10:48:35 AM via Website

Hello Amber, all Android apps are a file called .Apk... These files can be downloadeed to your PC and then installed. The installation process is called "application side-loading". This process is often used when purchasing a game from a firm's hompage, like Gameloft. You pay and download the app (.Apk file) and then install it on your mobile phone. This is a legal process.

Make sure you have the setting set to enable the installation of apps.. Settings, Security, Apps

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 2, 2012, 1:15:41 PM via Website

Christopher Silva
Hello Amber, all Android apps are a file called .Apk... These files can be downloadeed to your PC and then installed. The installation process is called "application side-loading". This process is often used when purchasing a game from a firm's hompage, like Gameloft. You pay and download the app (.Apk file) and then install it on your mobile phone. This is a legal process.

Make sure you have the setting set to enable the installation of apps.. Settings, Security, Apps

Perfect answer :) Apk files can be downloaded. Another method is to download the app you want, back it up with an app called Titanium backup, and then find that file on your phones sd card in the titanium backup folder. Change the file extenstion to .apk, and bam, you can send it to your pc.

Danny Adams
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 7, 2012, 7:49:21 AM via Website

i couldnt see an app's heading under settings, security....no apps heading there...help please

Eric McBride

Feb 7, 2012, 12:11:48 PM via Website

Apps heading? Im not sure I understand your question. Could you be a bit more specific?

Callum Wallace
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 9, 2012, 8:16:45 AM via Website

Hi all

Is there a site where you can download android apps to the pc? All the sites I can find want to download to the phone direct. I'm specifically looking for PowerAmp, but I'll take another player if I can get it via the pc.

Ta

C

Eric McBride

Feb 9, 2012, 12:31:28 PM via Website

Callum Wallace
Hi all

Is there a site where you can download android apps to the pc? All the sites I can find want to download to the phone direct. I'm specifically looking for PowerAmp, but I'll take another player if I can get it via the pc.

Ta

C

Yes there are, but not for the entire Android market. Gameloft (as already mentioned) allows you to do this. Titanium backup pro also has an option for downloading their app from a browser to a pc and then installing it. But these apps are few. Most of them you will only be able to get directly from the marketplace if you want to get them legally.

Callum Wallace
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 9, 2012, 1:26:49 PM via Website

Thanks.

I managed to download PowerAmp Trial onto the Tab via my PC from the PowerAmp Website.

C

Eric McBride

Feb 9, 2012, 4:54:06 PM via Website

Cool! How did you end up doing it?