Backup ROM. Huawei U8510 x3

• Replies:5
Adi
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 5, 2011, 9:12:25 PM via Website

I have a Huawei U8510 (x3). I have rooted my phone. Now I have the ROM from Huawei U8650. I want to know how can I backup my current ROM, with all my settings and apps, using ROM manager. When I install ClockworkMod, from ROM manager, I don`t find my phone model there and if I install from a different model of Huawei it will not work. I tried with Huawei U8800, U8220 and U8230 and it can not boot into recovery to backup my ROM.
Any suggestions on what I should do, or how I can find my phone model? (Running android 2.3.3)
Thank you!

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Nov 7, 2011, 2:58:57 PM via Website

If you just want to find your modle number it's the same on almost every Android distribution. Just open up your settings and then go to the about phone tab. It should be the 7th entry down.

In terms of backing up your Android device check this article on how to save your data on your Android handset.

Adi
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 7, 2011, 3:48:57 PM via Website

Aaron Tilton
If you just want to find your modle number it's the same on almost every Android distribution. Just open up your settings and then go to the about phone tab. It should be the 7th entry down.

In terms of backing up your Android device check this article on how to save your data on your Android handset.

Thank you for the answer.
I know my model number, it is U8510. I rooted the phone and installed the ROM from Huawei U8650 which works fine on my phone.
I also know how to do a backup with Titanium Backup.

My problem is another... I want to backup my ROM! Titanium Backup doesn`t backup the ROM, only apps and data...
I have ROM manager but when I want to install ClockworkMod (from ROM manager) it asks for the phone model. I know my phone model but I it is not in that list. The list from ClockworkMod. I hope I made myself clear.

I want to know how to BACKUP my ROM, with ROM manager or in a different way.

Thanks!

Ilgaz
  • Forum posts: 19

Feb 27, 2012, 6:14:17 PM via App

U8650 has a clockwork mod which is 4.x.x series, 5.x.x series from u8650.ru is problematic on my u8650 which is a network provided nfc model.
If your device supports u8650 full ROM, it should work with u8650 recovery too which is doing way simpler things.
Seek for u8650 clockwork and follow instructions. Do NOT directly get it from a questionable file sharing site, get from a credible forum with real people, like htcmania.es
You have to be comfortable using windows and installing device drivers, it isn't that easy.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 28, 2012, 4:22:12 PM via Website

You dont actually need ROM manager. If you have CWM recovery installed, just boot to recovery and there is an option to backup/restore current ROM there.

Ilgaz
  • Forum posts: 19

Mar 27, 2012, 5:17:43 PM via App

ROM manager is only good for rooted devices supported by it.
I paid for it not knowing this fact but it counted as donation.

— modified on Mar 27, 2012, 5:18:18 PM