Google Galaxy Nexus — Battery life?

• Replies:27
Sam Buchbinder
  • Forum posts: 71

Nov 1, 2011, 6:18:36 PM via Website

Heard a lot of rumors about the battery not being big enough / having lackluster battery life, etc., etc. Does anyone know the truth on this matter?

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Nov 8, 2011, 6:01:55 PM via Website

Guessing it'll at least be better than the battery life on the iPhone 4S

anderson john carry
  • Forum posts: 5

Jan 10, 2012, 12:31:47 PM via Website

according to my friends said that the battery life of samsung galaxy nexus is good. so i think that this is one type of rumors about the battery life. and i heard a some good reveiws about samsung galaxy nexus. so i hope thats the battery life is good:bashful:

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Jan 10, 2012, 2:52:21 PM via Website

It depends on the model. I had a German one for a week or two and the battery life was amazing (I got a couple days out of each charge easy) but I heard that many of the American galaxy nexus had some battery issues because of LTE issues. But there was supposedly a software fix that helped that released shortly after the Galaxy Nexus hit American shores so it should have been worked out since then I'd assume.

Ryan Erickson
  • Forum posts: 93

Feb 9, 2012, 8:51:26 PM via App

battery life is not very good, I even purchased the extended battery and I still have to charge during the day. I am running the LTE version.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 10, 2012, 1:54:17 PM via Website

Ryan Erickson
battery life is not very good, I even purchased the extended battery and I still have to charge during the day. I am running the LTE version.

Hmmm.....you guys shoot root your phone so that you have more control over how the CPU runs. Could have a massive impact on your battery life.

preetygirl sunona
  • Forum posts: 11

Feb 16, 2012, 7:52:05 AM via Website

With these frustrating issues in the galaxy nexus, Samsung has again proved it failure. Already all the phone models of samsung are facing battery drainage issues and when the users are awaiting a powerful battery, samsung is no where fixing its battery issues.
The same cheap body material and cheap battery, then why are they charging so much of price to their phone models.
Samsung phones are very cheap and waste.

Frank Rossi
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 28, 2012, 3:09:38 AM via Website

well i just got one and ive heard of a task killer download that is suppose to fix that.But i went to you tube and there is a guy there who explains that the new nexus will run apps in the background until the phone isn used for a short time. it then stops the apps from running and eventually closes them automatically.
Of course if the phone is being used continuously for 8 hours or more the battery will drain. After all it is a computer in nature,

understanding this the battery is sufficient enough for me anyway.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 28, 2012, 4:09:43 PM via Website

My suggestion? Root and overclock it, and then use system tuner pro to manage processor settings. My processor idles at almost 0 when the screen is off, but I have it set to shoot to 1.7ghz per core when using heavy applications.

Im getting great battery life on my Sensation since rooting it.

Steven Blum

Mar 16, 2012, 10:56:36 AM via Website

Just bought a Nexus and can say that the battery life is lackluster. With heavy usage (playing games, reading websites), it'll only last you 3-4 hours. Light usage can definitely get you through the day, but it's all dependent on how bright you make the screen. The brighter the screen, the shorter the battery life.

suzan stive
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 16, 2012, 11:13:25 AM via Website

hmm.. you can download many battery apps and others top android apps for http://www.mobileappsgallery.com/

bayberry
  • Forum posts: 24

Aug 21, 2012, 4:19:31 AM via Website

My friend said, the battery life of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus is good. So, I think this is one type of battery life rumor. :*)

mikearnill
  • Forum posts: 14

Aug 30, 2012, 12:14:00 PM via Website

There are many rumours about battery life of galaxy nexus, It is really having awesome battery life. I guess it is have long battery life compared to other samsung product. I won't hesitate to recommend its battery life.

— modified on Aug 30, 2012, 12:14:25 PM

Forum Iseng
  • Forum posts: 6

Oct 5, 2012, 6:16:10 AM via Website

1 charge 2 times on 1 day -_- :angry:
Lazada

— modified on Oct 5, 2012, 6:38:41 AM

Phillip Hull

Oct 15, 2012, 2:59:35 AM via App

my battery life is good, even using WiFi or Bluetooth constantly.

Steven Blum

Oct 15, 2012, 10:07:42 AM via Website

Rooting has helped increase the battery life substantially.

jarjis ahmed
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 15, 2012, 3:18:31 PM via Website

My battery is so good.. i don't have to charge the phone for three days if i charged once..

Helen Jones
  • Forum posts: 10

Nov 30, 2012, 10:31:11 AM via Website

Web browsing uses a lot of the battery. So it is hard to say because some people can charge once a day and others have to charge their smart phones more than that because if you are excessively using the internet you are looking at charging it 1-2 times a day.

michael kasper

Dec 3, 2012, 12:32:02 AM via App

regarding battery life. the initial reviews on the Nexus were almost a 5.0 from all different sources. Consumer Reports, P.C. World, CNet... etc However the one issues with the phone is the battery life. I carry three batteries with me were ever I go. Also recently purchased a 7000 AhM power pack from Motorola, point being. First don't use ur car charger unless absolutely necessary. I learned this a long time a go. most people want to get in there cars and plug in there phones. this will kill your battery quicker than ur car battery in a Michigan winter. again I was told and learned that you and your battery need to learn from each other. past practice should be to let your battery drain to 20 - 30% even as low to the point that the warning comes on telling u to charge your battery. batteries only have so many cycles in them before they are used up. I suggest buying a 2100 AhM , buy original, don't buy cheap. let me digress. Again stay away from the car charger. Drain your battery to atleast 30% remember the batteries only have so many cycles (lives ) in them. Also the Nexus was rated in the top five phones in 2011.
Personally I love my Nexus, I switched from a Droid. It was a hard transition at first but no regrets now. The only reason I have not upgraded to galaxy III is because I'm on an unlimited plan with Verizon. once I switch I loose my unlimited data. not wanting to get way off track like I have been for the last two paragraphs. if you can buy galaxy III, buy it. all the Minor issues that were wrong with the Nexus have been addressed, especially the battery life.

amy lee
  • Forum posts: 4

Dec 4, 2012, 10:34:00 AM via Website

You'd better know how to reserve the battery or buy an extended one fo back up.

emily khaty

Jan 10, 2013, 10:46:01 AM via Website

I think, Reducing the backlight brightness and backlight timeout can improve battery life

www.houston-heaters.com

— modified on Jan 12, 2013, 11:34:50 AM

Martijn Van Mierloo
  • Forum posts: 8

Jan 30, 2013, 9:36:03 PM via Website

Just plug it in through the night.. Every night ;)

HowDoYouAndroid.com
  • Forum posts: 145

Apr 11, 2013, 8:34:57 PM via Website

My Google Nexus 4 has spectacular battery life. I struggled with battery until this phone.

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Justin Green

May 20, 2013, 8:15:07 AM via Website

Yes. The battery is really normal. My friend prepared three batteries to change.

Alex Jagolny
  • Forum posts: 32

May 22, 2013, 4:29:05 PM via Website

I have a Galaxy S3 and I have to say that it really depends on how I use it day-to-day. When playing games all day, my battery life is sucked up really quick. But for normal browsing and texting, I think it lasts about a day and a half. But to be on the safe side, I'll plug it in everynight.
I think I heard somewhere that it's not a good idea to let it drain down completely? Also, I heard that you should charge it for a bit first if this happens before turning it on, like 10% full or something? Can someone confirm this for me please?

Daniel Jones
  • Forum posts: 105

Aug 29, 2013, 10:10:24 AM via Website

Battery life of any smartphone depends upon how you use it. And as per me 2100 mAh battery capacity is more than sufficient.

I am Daniel Jones, Working with Kiwitech as app developer. I enjoy exploring apps on various mobile platforms.

bellagreen
  • Forum posts: 24

Mar 10, 2017, 4:29:34 AM via Website

There are different situations on different models. Actually the length of the battery life depends on how you use the device.

Qumtter
  • Forum posts: 10

Apr 19, 2017, 3:48:02 AM via Website

Don't use a mobile phone during charging,