Google Galaxy Nexus — No MicroSD Card Slot -- Bad Choice

• Replies:9
Anette West
  • Forum posts: 106

Oct 21, 2011, 5:33:06 PM via Website

I know that the Galaxy Nexus has 32GB of onboard memory and Google Music is synced to a cloud, but lack of a microSD card might be a deal breaker for some. What do you think?

Sam Buchbinder
  • Forum posts: 71

Oct 21, 2011, 5:48:23 PM via Website

It's a deal breaker for me, personally.

David jonas

Di Tao
  • Forum posts: 55

Oct 24, 2011, 10:31:42 AM via Website

I disagree. With Google Music, much of your music will be stored in a cloud. Google Docs will allow your documents to be stored in a cloud and Drop Box allows easy synchronization between your phone and your computer. You may not NEED the extra memory.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 18, 2012, 1:24:18 AM via Website

I'm not as concerned about music.. but this means I need to re-download all those apps that I've carefully backed up to my memory card. :-(

bayberry
  • Forum posts: 24

Aug 18, 2012, 4:59:14 AM via Website

I disagree:#

Phillip Hull
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 15, 2012, 3:03:13 AM via App

I have 16GB, should be enough for most. I have hundreds of songs dozens of comics, games and apps, and have used less than half.

David jonas
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 30, 2012, 5:58:18 PM via Website

Right now i have a N1 (with modified battery so i don 't need to remove it) and I must tell you lack of a microSD card slot or full SD card FTM is also a deal breaker for me.
There are just to many restrictions as it is. I'll be sticking with my N1 until google comes out with a phone with the specifications i want.
And that is my recommendation to everyone who doesn't have a smartphone yet as well. Do yourself a favor and pickup a N1 they are reasonably priced and with a modified 2 row app draw with no labels, along with a N1 dock they can compete even with the iPhone 5 or the S3 believe it or not.
Don't get pulled into the hype.

Again, I'll be sticking with my N1 until google comes out with a phone with the specifications i want. Voting with my pocketbook and suggestions here.

— modified on Oct 30, 2012, 6:03:37 PM

charmjacket
  • Forum posts: 4

Oct 31, 2012, 3:59:36 AM via Website

my phone 8GB, should be enough for most.