putting photos on my Android 7" tablet

• Replies:3
David Simmons
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 29, 2011, 6:44:43 AM via Website

upon putting in the microSD card in my new pc tablet, I was told all I had to do to was to use the USB cable to put pictures and video files from my laptop to my Android "MID" device.....but the only thing that I manage to do is import files to my computer. What am I not doing right??

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Aug 29, 2011, 9:53:22 AM via Website

After plugging in your tablet, it should show up on your desktop. Then click the folder that says Media and drag and drop pictures from your computer into the folder. This should transfer those files from your computer to your tablet.

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Aug 31, 2011, 2:30:06 AM via App

You might need to go to Windows Explorer (if using a Microsoft Windows based computer) and then copy and paste like you would with and external drive or Usb thumb drive etc. On Win7 and Vista it might show up as a Device instead of a Drive.. so You might need to go to the "Control Panel" and then to the "Devices and Printers" area.

— modified on Aug 31, 2011, 2:31:21 AM

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Aug 31, 2011, 5:50:55 AM via Website

You may also need to turn on usb storage on the tablet itself. When you plug it into the computer it may pop up a notification asking how you want to connect. Tap usb storage or disk drive, should be something like that.