Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 — Youtube on 10.1

• Replies:8
Anette West
  • Forum posts: 106

Jul 20, 2011, 6:12:57 PM via Website

Is it just me or do Youtube videos tend to lag on the Galaxy Tab? Is this a larger Honeycomb issue or what?

Marcel Jennings
  • Forum posts: 56

Sep 15, 2011, 2:42:32 PM via Website

Oh, yeah the Youtube app lags like a mofo for me. ESp. when Im watching longer clips or trying to watch things in full screen mode. I dont know why but it just takes forever to load and then skips a bit when Im watching it. Ive had better luck watching it with the browser.

Zhu Lee
  • Forum posts: 28

Sep 15, 2011, 2:44:25 PM via Website

Its a buffering issue. They're trying to get 720 and 1020 HD clips in as the standard because the picture quality is so much better but youtube still cant buffer it right one some devices. Its annoying but its all on their side. Theres not much you can do on your end.

Anette West
  • Forum posts: 106

Sep 15, 2011, 2:47:49 PM via Website

Okay a friend of mine told me it might be because my router is bottlenecking the stream. I checked the settings and it did seem like it was throttled so I called the company and they told me they had set that up because of an issue they were having on my street. I dont know what the deal was but they took it off and even jack up my max for free as compensation. So RESULT!

But after that the problem was only worse. Now the videos are barely watchable!

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Sep 15, 2011, 2:57:13 PM via Website

Id recomend:

Reinstalling youtube as you my have a bad install
Try running it from the broswer. If it works there then its a bad app
try reinstalling flash from the market
lastly try running it from the browser but not from the mobile site, use the normal one.

Hope one of those solutions works out for you.

antony briggs
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 4, 2012, 2:49:12 PM via App

i goox

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 6, 2012, 12:37:04 PM via Website

I have one and noticed this problem as well. I rooted mine and run a custom Ice Cream Sandwich ROM, and it seems to help a lot. Theres still some lag, but its better.

Jeany James
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 13, 2012, 10:12:09 AM via Website

Hmm, I also have problem on this.
at last I have got a Youtube converter from Aneesoft, and now use it to convert the YouTube videos for playing smoothly.
Have installed the Adobe Flash, and still lag some times.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Mar 13, 2012, 5:21:05 PM via Website

I am rooted running Romans milestone 4 ICS ROM on mine, and I get NO lag whatsoever on mine. Highly recommend that ROM. If you arent rooted, you really should do it. I have rooted so many devices, and the Galaxy 10.1 Tab is hands down the easiest device EVER to root. Needs all of 5 minutes...really.

— modified on Mar 13, 2012, 5:21:46 PM