How can i learn android app development?

• Replies:54
David
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 10, 2011, 9:19:45 PM via Website

hi everyone i am new to this forum and the reason i joined in is because i want to learn android app development and i was wondering if anyone could suggest me any books or anything. i dont have any programming experience, i know little bit of java, only basics. any suggestions will be appreciated. thanks.

damponting44

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Jul 11, 2011, 5:08:11 AM via Website

What type of apps are you wanting to make? Game development is a little different from app development. There's lots of resources on the net you can look into. One of the sites I recommend is www.anddev.org. Also you may want to give the google app inventor tool a try: http://appinventor.googlelabs.com/about/

— modified on Jul 11, 2011, 5:08:33 AM

Sorin

David

Jul 11, 2011, 6:15:20 PM via Website

to be honest i dont want game development. i am looking for something simple for now and then i can move up slowly. i want a book or something which will teach me from basics. my im is to start making money from freelance. so thats why i want to learn app development.

Sorindamponting44

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Jul 12, 2011, 1:23:15 AM via Website

I would get a good book on java and a beginners book on android mobile development. I haven't read any java books in years, so I can't suggest a specific one to get. You could take a programming class at a local community college to get some interactive training on the basics.

— modified on Jul 12, 2011, 1:25:40 AM

Sorin

Calvin Weiss
  • Forum posts: 7

Nov 29, 2011, 11:08:22 AM via Website

If you want to know how to develop applications for Android, go http://developer.android.com/resources/index.html that will help you learn about Android and develop mobile applications for the platform. An early look at the the Android SDK is also available. It includes sample projects with source code, development tools, an emulator, and of course all the libraries you'll need to build an Android application.

Download the SDK

To start learning about the Android platform, please read the documentation in the following order:

What is Android? - An overview of the Android platform
Getting Started - All the basics, including Hello World
Developing Applications - The nuts and bolts of Android applications
Developer Toolbox - In-depth information on specific topics
Reference Information - A myriad of reference material
Sample Code - Several sample Android applications for your viewing pleasure
Frequently Asked Questions - Common issues and questions

android application development | android game development

Sorin

New Toronto Group
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 27, 2012, 3:53:23 PM via Website

Hello,

If you are interested, New Toronto Group offers online courses to master the fundamentals of Android app development.

http://www.newyyz.com/ntgsite/training/find_a_course/

stardomgames
  • Forum posts: 3

Sep 19, 2012, 10:59:33 AM via Website

To learn android app development online visit these best websites,
1. mobile.tutsplus.com/tutorials/
2. developer.android.com/

I have made a new android game "Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes - The Couch Battle"
Download Now from Play Store
http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app.crazytom

Patricia Hall
  • Forum posts: 41

Sep 25, 2012, 1:05:32 PM via Website

There are many resource, the fast-growing popularity of Android smart phones and tablets creates a huge opportunities for developers. If you're an experienced developer, you can start creating robust mobile Android apps right away with this professional guide to Android 4 app development. Best of Luck!!!

Martin Leidel
  • Forum posts: 5

Sep 25, 2012, 1:23:07 PM via Website

I'd screw all that Java learning (for Android) or even Objective-C (for iOS).

You can save a LOT of time when you use one of the cross compilers out there.

Personally I use Monkey: http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz

You code once and deploy for HTML5, Android, iOS, Flash, XNA (Windows Phone 7), Windows exe, Mac executable, ...

caoduyen
  • Forum posts: 4

Dec 26, 2012, 8:10:25 AM via Website

Android is a mobile operating system developed by Google and based on the Linux platform.With the development trend of mobile application programming, Android programming has brought new winds in the IT industry.
if you want learn android app developer you should star with video, because video will help you clear, help you understand fastest.
You can watch at: bestcoursehub.com

— modified on Dec 26, 2012, 8:11:17 AM

Maxiosoftware
  • Forum posts: 15

Dec 29, 2012, 12:46:51 PM via Website

developer.android.com should be your home page

Андрей
  • Forum posts: 28

Dec 30, 2012, 8:41:27 PM via Website

Learn java)

Scaproc
  • Forum posts: 41

Jan 5, 2013, 2:31:51 PM via Website

Thank you for rising such an interesting topic. I also think on lerning development under Unroid.

Indium Indeed
  • Forum posts: 17

Jan 13, 2013, 11:19:15 AM via Website

I would recommend libgdx. It is mainly focused on games, but also you can do applications. I think libgdx is way easier to start than native android development.

Sarfraz Malik
  • Forum posts: 7

Jan 24, 2013, 8:52:34 AM via Website

Hello,
I am android developer,according to me you need to join good software house as a internee.You can learn more under supervision of your senior.

john britto

Feb 28, 2013, 1:01:14 PM via Website

David
hi everyone i am new to this forum and the reason i joined in is because i want to learn android app development and i was wondering if anyone could suggest me any books or anything. i dont have any programming experience, i know little bit of java, only basics. any suggestions will be appreciated. thanks.

Hi david,
Just check this website url with top books for android app development learning mobiledevices.about.com/od/reviewsandmore/tp/Top-5-Books-On-Android-App-Development.htm . Hope it may help you.

Michael Wagner
  • Forum posts: 32

Mar 8, 2013, 3:12:29 PM via Website

I havent read the whole thread, so maybe your question is already answered. but I can suggest "Beginning Android 4" from Apress. Maybe it would be not so bad to read Head First Java and Head First Design Patterns first. If you are going to make games, add Beginning Android Games, also Apress (Mario Zechner, founder of LibGDX) to the reading list.

Good luck

Daniel Jones
  • Forum posts: 105

Mar 11, 2013, 7:54:36 AM via Website

Hey David
Check out the link to know what you need for developing mobile applications.
techieworld.edublogs.org/2013/03/07/how-to-start-up-with-mobile-application-development/

I am Daniel Jones, Working with Kiwitech as app developer. I enjoy exploring apps on various mobile platforms.

Swathi Heare

Mar 11, 2013, 10:16:47 AM via Website

want to develop any android applications?know more about our android developers.
omate,we have developed more applications succesfully.
more tips on hiring android application developer.

John Marine

Oct 31, 2013, 10:56:40 PM via Website

I found perfect site for creating apps...Yesterday I ended up on some site called apps-machine.com . I have to share it with you guys. I started creating my own app and after 15 minutes clicking on their control panel(no programming,just clicks) I made app in what user could make effects on their photos,paint photos,play music,play videos,have notepad,chat and stream music. They got literally 1000's of features on their control panel :D I think this could be a gold mine :P :P And I read something that they have free app development and so on. Aaand you can change everything all the backgrounds,colors,tabs...and you instantly see it on that same page through their simulator..don't know how they managed to do that but it is super handy...I am super excited at the moment..time to get some apps on apple and play store :D :D

ali khan
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 2, 2013, 8:09:16 PM via App

Michael Wagner
I havent read the whole thread, so maybe your question is already answered. but I can suggest "Beginning Android 4" from Apress. Maybe it would be not so bad to read Head First Java and Head First Design Patterns first. If you are going to make games, add Beginning Android Games, also Apress (Mario Zechner, founder of LibGDX) to the reading list.

Good luck

thanks... I had a same question... but after reading from the links provided by the users in this thread, I have some idea from where to start it.

Xavoch Games

Nov 6, 2013, 5:29:51 AM via Website

All I did was buy a book on Android Game development called " Beginning Android Games". It should be available on Amazon.
This teaches you exactly how to set up the framework and organize a game, after that you just have to come up with the logic for your specific game and write it. I basically learned Java by doing, I learned new things as as I needed them. Worked pretty well for me.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 11

Nov 7, 2013, 10:29:31 AM via Website

New Toronto Group
Hello,

If you are interested, New Toronto Group offers online courses to master the fundamentals of Android app development.

newyyz.com/ntgsite/training/find_a_course/

I also learn Android development from this line courses.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 6

Nov 18, 2013, 10:05:18 AM via Website

Hi,

There are several pages available on google, where you can learn how to develop android app.
You can try WikiHow.

Sanjeev Awasti

Nov 18, 2013, 12:23:36 PM via Website

Hi,

For learning Android you need to have an understanding of OOPs concepts in Java. You can go through Core Java for that.
Then you can join online courses at sites like WIZIQ.com & do the course for the same. They give online instructor led classes for the course.
You can visit Wiziq.com for a Professional course in Android App Development.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 131

Nov 18, 2013, 3:23:04 PM via Website

David
the reason i joined in is because i want to learn android app development

Hi David,
I wrote a very simple Android development tutorial last week that should be published today. Stay tuned at the news section of AndroidPIT.
If our readers like the article, I'll continue writing some tutorials. I'm sure you will learn something from them.

In the beginning, your main resource for learning Android is this:
http://developer.android.com/training/index.html

Rajesh Kumar
  • Forum posts: 16

Nov 25, 2013, 8:18:43 AM via Website

To learn android development you should join a local coaching center at you current place or you can join any android development organization as an intern.

Vikram Kyle

Vikram Kyle
  • Forum posts: 13

Nov 25, 2013, 1:24:56 PM via Website

If you to be a android developer then first you should read core java and then go to advanced. For this you should join you nearest android development organization as an intern.

Rajesh Kumar

Matthew Penning

Mar 13, 2014, 2:46:26 AM via Website

If you are still looking to learn android I created a video/book based course at www.udemy.com/android-development-with-java-essentials/
Step-by-step instructions for a beginner and you create several apps throughout course. Hope this helps.

Kuntal Ghosh

Mar 14, 2014, 5:03:18 PM via Website

David

I also wanna learn apps development. anybody here? Who can help me?

pdxevergreen

Mar 19, 2014, 9:38:18 PM via Website

Hi...app development is huge.....I know that anyone can learn, but the commitment must be there. That being said I have found EasyAppCreation to be helpful.....a good tutorial that takes the novice from beginning to sold.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 19

Mar 28, 2014, 3:06:04 PM via Website

The important things that you start with the basics. Watch tutorials of how Eclipse works (if you want to develop in Eclipse). Then begin with layouts and basic objects like Button, TextView and EditText. Play with placing objects in the layouts, aligning them. Get to know how RelativeLayout is different from LinearLayout. Do not use any libraries like facebook, google play services or actionbarsherlock until you get familiar the native android objects. There are plenty of tutorials out there. E.g. *admin edit: links are forbidden* was made especially for beginners. I use that a lot.

— modified on Mar 28, 2014, 3:15:26 PM by moderator

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 39

Mar 28, 2014, 4:13:05 PM via Website

I would say learn windows 8 app development.
There are very few win8 app developers. Microsoft need developers. You will find competition in android and almost many apps are already in Google Play.
Windows 8 gonna be the future.
For android, developer.android.com is the best site. If you stuck somewhere stackoverflow.com or vogella will always help you :).

Genelixis
  • Forum posts: 14

Apr 6, 2014, 9:51:02 AM via Website

You could try an easy to use sdk for start!I recommend Corona Labs ( coronalabs.com)
Tons of tutorials and help.

Sufficiently Advanced Apps
  • Forum posts: 27

Apr 8, 2014, 11:55:23 PM via Website

Don't be afraid to use Stack Overflow. If you encounter a problem or need help, it's likely someone else has already figured it out. Don't be a copy-paste coder, but there's no need to invent the wheel (and you need a lot of wheels in Android dev).

Best of luck!

mark

Jun 1, 2014, 3:12:43 AM via Website

New Toronto Group

Hello,

I just took a look at these- they are pretty nice.

Lisa Johnson

Sep 18, 2014, 1:22:07 PM via Website

Check out www.acadgild.com - a very handson, mentor driven, and affordable course. you make 2 apps of your own in the course.

Mariah Albert

Dec 16, 2014, 11:57:44 AM via Website

Hi David,

First of all you should join classes for android app development, sort of short courses, as there are no specific books, when you get the knowledge then you should join any android application development company, work there for at least 4 to 5 months, this will help you in getting experience and when you feel that you are an expert now then do freelancing.

Mariah Albert
Android application development at Appliconic.com

— modified on Dec 16, 2014, 11:58:31 AM

Bhanu Prasad

Thomas Lee

Feb 3, 2016, 7:11:19 AM via Website

It's better to study in an institution rather than self studying. The trained faculties can guide you in a very structured way which helps to develop your career professionally. I had done my mobile application development course from Cestar College in Toronto. If you are interested I suggest this college to you.

AJA Softtech

Aug 3, 2016, 11:24:45 AM via Website

android tutorial point help you.

Bhanu Prasad

damponting44
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 7, 2016, 11:24:45 AM via Website

There are numerous asset, the quickly developing prominence of Android advanced mobile phones and tablets makes an immense open doors for engineers. In case you're an accomplished engineer, you can begin making powerful versatile Android applications immediately with this expert manual for Android 4 application improvement. Good luck!!!

damponting44
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 14, 2016, 2:10:40 PM via Website

Android is the mobile operating system used on more devices around the world than any other platform. Learn how to create Android apps using Java and the powerful development tools available from Google.

Top Books For Android Development

Android Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide (The Big Nerd Ranch Guide)

Bill Philips and Brian Hardy offer hands-on tips for practical Android development. The book starts with basic steps involved in learning android development and progresses in an excellent manner. The book is written in a conversational style and feels like a personal tutor. Beginners can test their development skills with the exercises given at the end of every chapter.

Aara Kapur

Sep 4, 2017, 8:59:13 AM via Website

Hey,

I am sharing few books names :-

Programming Android
Android System Programming
Reactive Android Programming
Mobile App Development with Ionic 2: Cross-Platform Apps with Ionic, Angular, and Cordova

One more thing i want to suggest you that you can do this course from any well respected training center such as - Koenig Solutions, udemy and much more...

Neil Hines
  • Forum posts: 29

Sep 22, 2017, 10:31:06 AM via Website

Thanks, everyone to give advice where can learn Android app development everyone gives the links, I want to learn about Android app development but don't know where. Thanks for your guidance hope it will help.

Bhanu Prasad

Oct 9, 2017, 7:10:32 AM via Website

Hello Neil..

Android Development is made easy with the tutorials available for free. Most of the people who opt for these kinds of technical courses have chosen online training rather self-study. Once you get some basic knowledge on what actually Android Development is, it'll be easier to explore more of it by practicing on your own.

Bhanu Prasad
Android Developer at Tekslate

— modified on Oct 9, 2017, 7:11:07 AM

Deactivated Account

Jan 8, 2018, 11:39:49 AM via Website

I have recently published an ULTIMATE guide (7279 words) on How To Build An Android App From Scratch – No Experience Necessary! - Check it out on bonkersabouttech.com

It’s lengthy but it takes you from knowing absolutely nothing about Java through to a simple yet fully functional Android app that is actually useful.

In the guide, I cover a lot ranging from creating a basic User Interface to integrating the UI with the Java code. I also talk about taking the app further with third-party libraries and API's.

The post is VERY comprehensive, explains everything in detail and teaches you step-by-step (with screenshots) how to build your first Android app from scratch.

I also include tons of useful resources which you can use to take your knowledge further and build more comprehensive apps.

I have also included some pro tips which are based on my personal experience as a professional Java developer.

Enjoy!

— modified on Jan 8, 2018, 11:40:10 AM

Kinjal Sharma

Jun 1, 2018, 11:37:41 AM via Website

Hello,
If you want to learn android app development, then BR Brains training academy is the best place to learn android development. They provide the live project based training after training job placement. Apply for android training here hr@brbrains.in