Tips and Tricks for the HTC Evo 3D

• Replies:4
Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jul 6, 2011, 12:30:31 PM via Website

• The notification panel enables you to switch betwen most-recently launched apps.
  • Customize the apps you access via lockscreen by tapping on the "personalize button" (it should appear as an artist's easel), then tap "lock screen," then "settings," and you can choose which apps or functions (like "settings") you want to include. Mine lists the camera, GMail, Weather and Google +.

Anyone have any other tips?

— modified on Jul 6, 2011, 12:52:19 PM

Miranda Endhoven
  • Forum posts: 7

Sep 27, 2011, 2:04:19 PM via Website

My must have apps for the EVO 3d:

PewPew2
RoboDefence
iSyncer
PowerAmp
DishNetwork (so I can watch all my dish programming and recorded dvr stuff on my phone! It Rocks! If you have Dish and a 722 or 922 DVR, this is all free after you buy the 99dollar Sling Adapter.)
HBOGo
Where
Groupon
Pandora, Google music, Sprint music, tune in radio
MyTracks
Android System Info

Foo S.
  • Forum posts: 25

Sep 27, 2011, 2:16:53 PM via Website

I found my battery would have to be charge like 2 a day at least and then I stoped using live wallpapers and deleted my advanced task killer. Its a good app but runs in the background the whole time and it really drained my battery. Id use it on phone with smaller screen that dont take so much power but with EVO 3d it was just too much.

Ilgaz
  • Forum posts: 19

Mar 30, 2012, 8:15:42 PM via App

Would "don't run built in task manager and randomly kill apps" count as a tip?
I know consumer pressure is forcing companies to include that function but seriously, phone has decent amount of RAM and it runs android 2.3.x
It is almost like they are pushing newbies to kill applications via user interface. Of course, customer thinks "600mb RAM used" as a bad thing not knowing windows vista+ like design of android.

— modified on Mar 30, 2012, 8:25:00 PM

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 2, 2012, 5:54:23 PM via Website

Ilgaz
Would "don't run built in task manager and randomly kill apps" count as a tip?
I know consumer pressure is forcing companies to include that function but seriously, phone has decent amount of RAM and it runs android 2.3.x
It is almost like they are pushing newbies to kill applications via user interface. Of course, customer thinks "600mb RAM used" as a bad thing not knowing windows vista+ like design of android.

Definite tip. Task killers = bad for Andy :)