saving an entire batch of texts

• Replies:3
Casey Beth
  • Forum posts: 79

Jun 26, 2011, 8:37:52 AM via App

So here's the situation, im presently going through a (insert worst curse word u can think of here) divorce. So right now I have about 300+ texts going back and forth between her. My issue is that I want to delete them because im sick of looking at them but may need these in the future if there's any legal ramifications. How do I save an entire set of texts from a single contact? I presently use Handcent but will do whatever change is necessary to stop having to look at these anymore...thanks

Andreas V.
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 7,352

Jun 26, 2011, 10:07:21 AM via Website

Hi Casey,

sorry for your Situation...

You could give SaveSMS a try. With that App it´s possible to save or forward by email whole threads of Text messages.

— modified on Jun 26, 2011, 10:07:46 AM

Casey Beth
  • Forum posts: 79

Jun 27, 2011, 7:37:46 AM via App

Thanks for the good vibes! Unfortunately I could find no app with that name in market, and the only couple apps I found said it specifically would not work with the Droid X, which of course is what I have. I'm somewhat surprised this isn't a basic feature of any of the text based apps! oh well

Andreas V.
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 7,352

Jun 27, 2011, 12:30:37 PM via Website

I think the special probem here is to save only Messages from one specific address... if you want to save all of them there is something like SMS Backup to Gmail