Welcome to the new HTC ChaCha forum!

• Replies:197
Tyler Morrisson
  • Forum posts: 36

Oct 13, 2011, 11:54:59 AM via Website

You should be able to do that with either a file manager or with the management software your phone will install on your comptuer when you plug it in.

Try giving Astro File manager a look. It lets you create files and directories on both your phone and your SD card and should help you transfer everything you want to.

Or when you plug your phone into your computer with your microUSB cable it should ask if it can install management software (that is if you are using a PC) let it do that and then you can better manage your files and move them over to your SD card.

Hope that helps!

AprilLing
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 16, 2011, 1:30:22 PM via Website

Hello,
I just bought my HTC Chacha 2 days back and I have tons of problems..
First, my battery life seems to be short as I need to charge 3 times per day.. I really have no idea why is it so.. :(
Second, I have duplicate contact numbers ! what happened ?? T.T
Third, I need an expert to teach me how HTC chacha function ..

Thx and appreciate help a lot :D

Gemma G
  • Forum posts: 4

Oct 18, 2011, 9:10:14 PM via Website

Hello, firstly im not an expert but i think i can help you..

1. your battery life is probably short because do you have your Wifi on all the time? this drains the battery... so when you are not using the internet make sure you go onto setting - connection - and then untick the wifi or mobile network box.. which ever you use to get the internet.
2. You probably have duplicate contact numbers because some of the phone numbers you have are linked to facebook (i had this too!) to turn this off click on the contact and there should be a link button in the top left hand corner? click it - this should unlink.
I hope this may have helped... :)

AprilLing

Oct 19, 2011, 3:48:06 PM via Website

thx !! :D

Emad Rawashdeh
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 24, 2011, 7:50:01 PM via Website

hi there
i've just bought HTC Cha Cha yesterday and i have a problem changing the text input language. it seems the Lng botton is not working. every time i wana change the text language i need to change the devise language.

and how do i update the software or remove it and install it back

thanks.

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Oct 25, 2011, 11:03:58 AM via Website

Hi there Emad,

You should be able to change the text input language by going to Settings ---> Language ---> Touch Input --->International Keyboard. That's where you can find options for all the different languages you want to type in. I'm not sure what you mean by devise language?

To update the software go to settings --->about phone ---> software updates --> check now.

Emad Rawashdeh

Oct 27, 2011, 9:55:36 AM via Website

thnx steven

— modified on Oct 27, 2011, 9:55:49 AM

francesco oliver
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 29, 2011, 10:20:53 AM via Website

hello everyone,
does anyone have problems with the internal storage? i have a 2 gigabyte sd card, but as much as 2 times a day the phone informs me i have to clean my application if i dont do it nothing works
does anyone know how to solve this? and all my downloaded apps are on the sd i just don t manage to put all of the apps on the sd

thank you in advance

Chocolacta

Steven Blum

Oct 31, 2011, 11:48:51 AM via Website

That is very strange. I would have recommended to you App2SD but it seems like you've already moved them to your SD card. It could be that you've simply just installed too many apps but it could be that your phone is full of junkware installed by the manufacturer and carrier. In that case, the only way to get rid of these apps would be too root your phone. I can help you find information on how to do so if you're interested..

mary ray

Nov 2, 2011, 2:50:12 PM via Website

i have the blue exclamation mark on my htc cha cha. its on the left of the phone and it won't go away . how can i remove it? i saw that you replied by updating the software. pls tell me how cause i have no idea. thanks

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Nov 3, 2011, 10:13:45 AM via Website

If you want to try to update your HTC ChaCha'S OS then try this... Go to Settings> Telephone info> and Click on Software update. If there is a new version of Android out for your phone and supported by your provider then it should download automatically.

We've had a lot of complaints about the blue exclamation mark on the htc cha cha. It just appears to be a harmless error that doesn't harm you phone. So even if there isn't a software update out there, don't worry too much about it!

Jyo

Nov 20, 2011, 8:47:48 AM via Website

Hi...My HTC Chacha is 3 months old...it has started hanging out of blues....and i think software update will solve the issue as I have already tried "restore factory settings" but all in vain.
Can u plz help me how shall I update the software?
Many Thanks In advance :)

Aaron Tilton

Nov 21, 2011, 12:02:19 PM via Website

Go to Settings> Telephone info> and Click on Software update and that should update your system software if there is an update available... What did you mean hanging out of blues? I'm not really sure what type of problem that could be. Could you describe it a bit better? What exactly is the error or problem?

Aditya

Dec 5, 2011, 7:30:13 PM via Website

Hey guys! I've had a ChaCha for a couple months without facing an issue. But recently, whenever I try to connect to my data connection ('Mobile Network'), the box gets ticked but below it says "use phone for data connection when wifi is unavailable". Earlier I used to tick the box, and "connected" used to appear below. The ' E ' sign(or EDGE sign) on the top bar also does not appear now when I tick the box. Can anyone help me out? Thanks guys!

Nic Holmes

Dec 8, 2011, 10:59:33 PM via Website

I've had my ChaCha for a few months now, and recently it's started to loose its battery quickly when I've been in work so haven't been using it, when I charge it it's like the port has a loose connection because as soon as the phone gets moved the slightest, it stops charging, now I've tried this with different chargers incase it was the charger but still the same problem.

It's also started to not turn on and the orange light flashes when it chargers...it's like it doesn't respond to anything, can anyone help me out please ? I've tried a hard reset, got it up but didn't do a factory reset when really I should have...I can't get that screen up again now, It's been plugged into the charger all day but still nothing.

Much appreciated!

Aaron Tilton

Dec 9, 2011, 10:24:11 AM via Website

If the port is loose and you have a back connection, doing a factory reset wont do a thing. If it's really a hardware issue you're going to have to take your phone to a repair shop or someone who can service it and get it fixed there. :( You could try going to settings>applications>Battery use and seeing which app is using the most power. That might help give you a better feel if it's really just a hardware issue or if better application management would help improve battery life.

Hope that helps!

Nic Holmes

Dec 9, 2011, 4:30:16 PM via Website

I honestly think it's died :( will take it into a repair shop as soon as I can, man I hate not having a phone I feel lost

Anna Dailly

Dec 10, 2011, 7:51:36 PM via Website

:grin:Can anyone help me -i need to change my skype username on my cha cha -however i cant find how to logg out of the account -or do i need to deleate skype and reinstall? Thanks

Aaron Tilton

Dec 12, 2011, 12:03:37 PM via Website

If you want to log out of Skype in the latest version of the Skype App go to the main menu (click on the skype logo in the top left side of the screen ) If you see 4 buttons labled Contacts Recent Call phone s and Profile you should be in the main menu. Now click the Menu button (the 2nd soft button from the left) this should bring up a context menu where one of the options is "sign out".

Hope that helps!

Charlie Knight

Dec 14, 2011, 8:39:44 PM via Website

Hey I have a HTC chacha, I've only had it a couple of months and its been fine. But the other day the screen just wouldn't turn on, and I've tried drying it out to see if it was just water damaged but that hasn't seemed to work. The phone turns on, and everything else works apart from the screen, I was wondering if you could tell me what's wrong with it and if it's possible to fix?
-Charlie

Fruu FruuB

Dec 17, 2011, 5:45:48 PM via Website

Hiyaaa,
It's not really a problem but I just want to know how to activate the voice dialler without opening it from the menu. I have my phone in my jeans and when I forget to lock it, it activates it. I can see a mic next to the FN button but I can't seem to activate it, help? x

Fruu FruuB

Dec 17, 2011, 6:07:20 PM via Website

Have you took the battery out and blew? Have you took the sim out? Try that, Hope it works

Mimi Mimi

Dec 19, 2011, 9:44:47 PM via Website

Hiya,
my name is mimi and my friend has done something to my htc chacha.
It said my storage was low, so she took out the battery and changed the micro sd card, when we turned it back on it would do this:
HTC *black screen* HTC quietly brilliant
and it keeps on doing the black screen and then HTC quietly brilliant.
We can't get it to work properly so i was wondering if you could help us, the only way to turn it off is taking out the battery and when we plug it into the computer it recognises it as a storage thing.
Thanks,
MiMi

Kane Rigby

Dec 21, 2011, 9:22:55 AM via Website

Hey man, im not sure whether my chacha is broken or whether theres a way to fix this but you would know. Whilst i was messaging friends on facebook my chacha froze, i held down the power button (as you would do) and pressed restart. The restart worked but the htc and vodafone introduction screens keep repeating over and over again not actually entering my phone. so in order for it to stop i have to take the battery out. I press to turn it on again and it does the same, keeps replaying the htc quietly brilliant and vodafone introduction screens one after eachother over and over. Ive had it for 3 to 4 days so its new, and ive plugged it in to charge, plugged it into the computer, nothings worked. Please help me man.

andrew bell

Dec 29, 2011, 7:56:52 PM via Website

Hello, my name is andrew, and my phone has had this problem 3 times and as I've already seen I'm not the only one whis this problem. So, when I've been wirting messages and I press the "S" key it sends me to messages, or to drafts when I have drafts. The first two times I just switched the phone back on and it worked, but now it doesn't want to work. I've tried clearing the Touch Input app data but it doesn't change anything. Please help I really need my phone.

Excepet for this little problem I recommend this phone, perfect for people who like QWERTY phones.

Andrew.

Jan Ole Maack

Jan 2, 2012, 5:13:46 PM via Website

Hey Guys,

just got a little question. I got the HTC Cha Cha for about 1 month.
I´m really confident, but there´s a little problem. The Facebook-button doesn´t work. I can´t authorize my phone with FB.
There´s an error occuring which says "Htc cha cha can´t authorize. Please try again later" -> doesn´t work later!

I spoke to a customer consultant and he said: go to the htc website and search for a programm with which you can do a software reinstallation. I searched for it. There was no programm like this.

Can you help me, please ?

thanks jole

oliver villegas

Jan 3, 2012, 3:58:02 AM via Website

Hi
I got an used htc chacha thats unlocked, so i tried to used it with my sim card and it reads everything well, however, I have no signal at all (sometimes very limited service). I have reseted the phone and checked for the latest software update and it still does not work! I have also tried with another sim card from another carrier and it has the same issue
can you please help me?

thanks!

Steven Blum

Jan 3, 2012, 10:13:48 AM via Website

This could either be a carrier or a hardware problem. It could be that the area in which you live simply has little to no wireless coverage. However, it could also be that there's something wrong with your antennae, which would be a hardware issue you'd need to take up with the retailer from whom you bought the phone. I would first call your carrier and then consider returning the phone to be looked at (is it still warranted? have you had better luck with other phones in the same location?)

isidora Jovanovic

Jan 5, 2012, 1:35:34 AM via Website

I have my htc cha cha for few months and there's one problem..when i transfer a song by bluetooth if it has no art work my phone just uses a pic from galery and sets it as song art work....can i fix it somehow??

jenna james

Jan 20, 2012, 3:23:20 PM via Website

I've had my htc cha cha since christmas and i downloaded a battery saving app which i found out that it cuts off the internet signal at certain times of day. When i noticed that the signal had been cut off, i tried turning the signal for the internet back on, on the app, later on i noticed that it had cut off at internet signal, so i deleted the app and now left with a phone that doesnt have signal for the internet, so i put my sim card in my old phone and it worked on that one... someone please help? :-)

Aaron Tilton

Jan 23, 2012, 4:47:12 PM via Website

To turn you data connection back on on your Android device go to setting> wireless&network settings> mobile networks. You'll then see a box for "data enabled". Click that. You might need to select your network operator out in the tab in the same menu but I doubt it.

Hope that helps!

vsimons

Jan 23, 2012, 6:12:36 PM via Website

Hi,

i have my htc chacha for a couple of months now.
and i always wanted to have wifi at home, or at school so i didn't have to pay so much.
well the problem is, that my phone connects perfectly to my router and stuff, and you can see the wifi symbol in the bar,
but when i go to the internet, or android market, it doesn't work.
(and my brothers' phones work perfectly with wifi, so it isn't the router's fault)

do you have any solution for this?
please help me.

Asyraf Azizan

Jan 25, 2012, 4:13:22 AM via Website

I've been using Juice Defender,Easy Battery Saver by Dev Team, and Battery XL..
but.all of them seemed not fulfill my satisfaction in making my battery lifetime last longer...
for your information..i'm a heavy user.i always go online wtih my chacha.
i still need to recharge my battery once a day even i'm using all those apps..
so..what is the best battery saver for a heavy user like me??

Steven Blum

Jan 25, 2012, 9:56:14 AM via Website

Hi there Asyraf,

It could be there is some app working in the background that is using your precious memory. Also, if you have any live wallpaper installed, these are prime offenders as they use TONS of battery juice to work in the background of your homescreen. Other ways to save battery include putting the phone in airplane mode when not in use and reducing the number of times a day data is pushed to apps like GMail.

Hope that helps,
s

Asyraf Azizan

Jan 27, 2012, 9:54:06 AM via Website

Steven Blum
Hi there Asyraf,

It could be there is some app working in the background that is using your precious memory. Also, if you have any live wallpaper installed, these are prime offenders as they use TONS of battery juice to work in the background of your homescreen. Other ways to save battery include putting the phone in airplane mode when not in use and reducing the number of times a day data is pushed to apps like GMail.

Hope that helps,
s

i would like to ask another questions to you.
1-can i remove default apps such as htc peep,plurk,news and weather?...because i think they are not useful for me as i only use them once a month,i think.
2-what will happen if i enabled airplane mode.can i recieve calls and messages from my friends?
3-htc chacha has only 800mhz processor power.can i upgrade it in order to make my phone works smoothly?
4-is htc chacha upgradable to the latest android ice cream sandwich?or maybe it's just rumour.

Thanks a lot,dude! you really help me.

— modified on Jan 27, 2012, 9:54:37 AM

ashley lonsdale

Jan 28, 2012, 9:16:44 PM via Website

hello there, i'd just like to know how to update software to get rid of the exclamation mark in the top left of my screen, its really annoying me but i dont want to reset my phone, could you please help me?:( x

Lacey H.

Jan 29, 2012, 12:55:23 PM via Website

Ive had my htc since christmas and ive had few problems of which ive sorted out but one i cant. When i click on my messages it doesnt show the name of the person but only the number, ive take the battery and sim out numerous times ans unsynced facebook but it still hasnt fixed it. Help? :)

Lacey H.

Jan 29, 2012, 1:02:44 PM via Website

andrew bell
Hello, my name is andrew, and my phone has had this problem 3 times and as I've already seen I'm not the only one whis this problem. So, when I've been wirting messages and I press the "S" key it sends me to messages, or to drafts when I have drafts. The first two times I just switched the phone back on and it worked, but now it doesn't want to work. I've tried clearing the Touch Input app data but it doesn't change anything. Please help I really need my phone.

Excepet for this little problem I recommend this phone, perfect for people who like QWERTY phones.

Andrew.

I had this same problem fix it by ---->
1) settings
2) applications
3) quick launch
4) unclick any of the shortcuts you dont want on
Simples :D

Demon Hunter

Jan 30, 2012, 4:27:59 PM via Website

Hello, i have a problem during calls, my screen wakes up, and i pres with my ear, End call, or Hold, is there any way to auto lock screen durin calls? except pressing the lock button?

Aaron Tilton

Jan 30, 2012, 5:53:13 PM via Website

AS far as I know there isn't. A lot of people have complained about this on the ChaCha forums in the last months so it sound like this is a commone problem with the HTC chacha. I had something similar with my xperia play and just started hitting the lock button after I picked up calls. :wacko:

stu hathaway

Jan 30, 2012, 5:56:43 PM via Website

My htc chacha will connects to some wifi but when I use my home wifi it connects then diconnects my laptop and wii use it and have no problem any idea

Demon Hunter

Jan 30, 2012, 7:37:54 PM via Website

is there any way to wake up the screen when is it locked, by pressing any key?

— modified on Jan 30, 2012, 9:24:11 PM

Salome chacha

Feb 2, 2012, 11:38:09 AM via Website

Guys, so I have the ChaCha and it was working great until today.
I was texting and for some reason, whenever I pressed "s" it jumped to the inbox, pressing "b" took me to the internet and "g" went to the e-mail sync. I have no idea what to do. Can someone help me?

thanks in advance

Salome chacha

Feb 2, 2012, 11:43:15 AM via Website

AHH Thank you so much Lacey H :D

— modified on Feb 2, 2012, 11:44:18 AM

Bruno Arondel

Feb 3, 2012, 6:25:04 PM via Website

Hi! So today I got myself the HTC Chacha, I turned it on and selected all settings. I connected to my data network, downloaded a couple of apps perfectly fine, but now, even though im connected to the 3g network, facebook or internet wont load. It did work fine 2 hours ago but ever since its just loading and loading... Help please! ive tried turning it off and on etc

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 6, 2012, 12:54:10 PM via Website

Are you in a location with a bad 3g signal? Does the problem still occur when your connected to wifi?

R.J.

Feb 8, 2012, 10:37:56 AM via Website

Hello,

I bought the HTC ChaCHa in July 2011 and am very satisfied with it.
However from time to time the Facebook-widget under the clock isn't updating itself. It's says: "No recent updates".
And when I remove my Facebook account and add it again it works again (but this doesn't work everytime).

Is there a reason why this keeps happening? And what can I do to stop this?

Hope to hear from you :)
I live in the Netherlands by the way

Eric McBride

Feb 8, 2012, 12:10:58 PM via Website

stu hathaway
My htc chacha will connects to some wifi but when I use my home wifi it connects then diconnects my laptop and wii use it and have no problem any idea

Hmm..it could be that if you have setup a static IP on your phone and laptop, that you accidentally assigned them the same IP. Go into your laptop and change the last number of the static IP to a different one other than your phone and see if that helps.

Eric McBride

Feb 8, 2012, 12:11:45 PM via Website

Weird...I think that sounds more like a Facebook issue, and not with your phone. Have you checked that your sync settings include facebook?

R.J.

Feb 8, 2012, 12:48:12 PM via Website

Eric McBride
Weird...I think that sounds more like a Facebook issue, and not with your phone. Have you checked that your sync settings include facebook?

Is it really a Facebook issue? Do more people have this problem? The sync setting do include Facebook. The thing is when I touch the Facebook widget it is updating. The updates are only not showing under the clock ::wacko: